caffeine in black tea?

Fully oxidized tea leaves for a robust cup.

Aug 6th, '14, 04:11

Re: caffeine in black tea?

by Sarai » Aug 6th, '14, 04:11

In basic terms, the average cup of black tea contains about half the caffeine found in a cup of coffee. A standard(8-ounce) cup of coffee contains about 80-100 mg(milligrams) of caffeine whereas a standard cup of black tea should be about 40 mg of caffeine. It should also be noted that black tea contains the most caffeine of all types of tea, and even then does it still have about half as much caffeine as coffee, which certainly says a lot about the caffeine content in coffee verses tea.

Aug 7th, '14, 12:08

by bonescwa » Aug 7th, '14, 12:08

LOL you're on a roll

Aug 7th, '14, 18:30

Re:

by Sarai » Aug 7th, '14, 18:30

bonescwa wrote:LOL you're on a roll
Calm down, buddy.

Aug 7th, '14, 19:34

by bonescwa » Aug 7th, '14, 19:34

Hmm I guess that should be noted as well as your so helpfully Googled caffeine trivia in response to a 9 year old thread

Aug 8th, '14, 08:18

Re:

by Poseidon » Aug 8th, '14, 08:18

:lol:
bonescwa wrote:Hmm I guess that should be noted as well as your so helpfully Googled caffeine trivia in response to a 9 year old thread

Nov 8th, '14, 11:24

by joelbct » Nov 8th, '14, 11:24

bonescwa wrote:Hmm I guess that should be noted as well as your so helpfully Googled caffeine trivia in response to a 9 year old thread
Lol :) gotta love the interwebs.

In case anyone reading this is ever genuinely interested, there is a lot of misinformation out there about tea and caffeine.

First, there is no such thing as a 'standard' cup of tea, so there is no such thing as a standard number for caffeine content. Also many of the numbers out there seem to quantify caffiene content of dry tea as opposed to brewed liquid, and fail to take into account size of leaf, Assamica vs Sinensis, and brewing method. Actual content could range from 10 to 100 mg in a serving.

Standard dogma is that black tea has higher caffeine content than green, but I can say from over a decade of experience that brewed 'liquor' of a fresh Japanese Matcha, Gyokuro or Sencha will give you more of a buzz than the equivalent weight of most if not all black tea's. Those and high surface area (BOP type) Assams and Ceylons seems, to me at least, to yield highest levels of caffeine. But never with the jittery results of drinking overly much coffee.

Dec 29th, '14, 00:10

by blacksmicht » Dec 29th, '14, 00:10

In these days, Most of them are like to take black tea before breakfast. We can get various benefits because of taking black tea.

http://www.blackteahub.com

+ Post Reply