Lapsang Souchong

Fully oxidized tea leaves for a robust cup.

Re: Lapsang Souchong

Postby Dinastea » Apr 17th, '10, 19:04

Lapsang souchong it´s one of my favourites. We start loving tea when we first tried Lapsang souchong. [Moderator edited]
Dinastea

Postby Skippyandjif » Apr 20th, '10, 22:51

entropyembrace wrote:I think Lapsang Souchong is the kind of tea that often results in strong reactions...most people seem to either love it or hate it...I'm one of the ones that love it :)

Pretty much sums it up in a nutshell. 8) It's not for everyone, but those of us that drink it, love it. So I understand why some people dislike it, but I'm kinda crazy for it myself. :lol:
Skippyandjif

Postby chittychat » Apr 23rd, '10, 00:16

A lapsang souchong can be a beautiful tea if you find the right kind. It surely should have that smoky taste. And a good on comes at a price like Yin Jun Mei Lapsang Souchong. May be my most favored black tea. Now if you want a real strong BBQ flavor try Wei Shan Mao Jian a yellow tea, delicate in its own way.
chittychat

Postby tsverrir » May 3rd, '10, 06:25

Has anyone tried seasoning meat with LS?
tsverrir

Postby Poohblah » May 4th, '10, 03:49

tsverrir wrote:Has anyone tried seasoning meat with LS?

Sounds delicious. A quick google search returns recipes for chicken or other meat with mushrooms, bell peppers, and many other tasty ingredients. Though I couldn't imagine that simply grilling the meat over a wood fire would taste much different.
Poohblah

Postby entropyembrace » May 5th, '10, 14:26

I haven´t tried using lapsang souchong to cook with...I often cook with a wood fire though :)

Also I´ve marinated chicken in brewed green tea(just inexpensive gunpowder green) , herbs and oil, grilled it over the wood fire and brushed with honey...that was delicious :)
entropyembrace

Previous

Instant Messenger

Permissions