English Breakfast

Fully oxidized tea leaves for a robust cup.

English Breakfast

Postby aztea » Nov 5th, '09, 11:35

Hi,

I am curious about any very good English breakfast teas are out there that might not be as well known. Looking for some high quality teas to try. I'm a fan of Assam however my wife really likes Keemun... guess we just have to get both :) I see that Tea Source has some breakfast blends and there appear to be good things to say about their offerings on these boards. Any other suggestions?

aztea

Re: English Breakfast

Postby artmom » Dec 1st, '09, 08:57

Harney and Sons has a good English Breakfast made with keemun. It is very smooth and doesn't have a bitter bite to it. :)

User avatar artmom
Contact artmom:

Postby Chip » Dec 1st, '09, 11:50

I am a big fan of Keemun, has always been my fave black. Yet I am not a fan of Assam at all.

As much as I am a fan of Keemun, I never went the route of English Breakfast, instead went for just plain ole Keemuns, tried a lot of them. You might want to give that a try for your wife.

Most English Breakfasts that I have tried tasted like a watered down version of the real thing, which is Keemun, since traditionally, English Breakfast is made with Keemun.

User avatar Chip
Mod/Admin
Scrolling: scrolling

Postby aztea » Dec 4th, '09, 10:12

Thanks.

I have been looking and branching away from some of the "blends." We're going to try some Keemun and Assams and go from there.

aztea

Today's Poll

Community

In total there is 1 user online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 1 guest