Mar 23rd, '06, 11:06

Pu Erh buying it

by lebowitz » Mar 23rd, '06, 11:06

Yunnan Sourcing LLC on ebay has a variety of Pu Erh cakes?
Do these look any good?
I am new to this type of tea, which ones are better? Should I buy uncooked or cooked?

Thanks for the advice

Mar 23rd, '06, 11:50

by Marlene » Mar 23rd, '06, 11:50

I've been told (i've never ordered puerh from them, so i'm going on what I've heard) that yunnan sourcing is good for someone who knows what they're looking for. If you have exprience buying puerh from other sites like jing tea shop, and done well, go for it. Sometimes yunnan sorcing doesn't know what they've got (i'm not entirely sure what that means, but mike petro said it, so it's darn near gosple to me) so do be careful, but over all you should have a good experience.
From my loose tea buying experience I'll say that they are good shippers. I was a little so-so on the yunnan gold I got, but that was because it was a little so-so on yuunan period.
Have fun
Never trust a man who, when left alone in a room with a tea cozy, dosn't try it on.
-Billy Connolly

Mar 27th, '06, 02:36

by MarshalN » Mar 27th, '06, 02:36

But how on Earth are you supposed to buy a cake without having seen/touched it? It's almost impossible to know what you're getting.

Mar 27th, '06, 07:16

buying a cake

by lebowitz » Mar 27th, '06, 07:16

Shipping is cheaper than a plane ticket, hotel, etc.

Just curious if anyone has bought from them before.

Mar 29th, '06, 08:51

by MarshalN » Mar 29th, '06, 08:51

True, I guess I'm lucky I have a reason to be in Beijing right now and just went to the local puerh market.

Yunnansourcing has a nice customer feedback though, and they do specify whether something is raw or cooked when you ask.

The problem is that a lot of cakes these days are made with buds on the outside, and then crap on the inside. So since they only take pictures of the surface of the cake without breaking it apart, it's really hard to tell whether the cake is genuinely good or if it's just good looking on the surface.

+ Post Reply