Feb 4th, '13, 15:33

Re: Official what Black (Red) Tea Are You Drinking Right Now?

by AdamMY » Feb 4th, '13, 15:33

A Teavana Black (red) tea from Nepal. Don't know much more about it other than I got it for Christmas over a year ago, and it was sent to tea banishment in my office...

Feb 9th, '13, 12:57

by gasninja » Feb 9th, '13, 12:57

2011 Jingxuanhong . This is a Taiwanese awarded competition hong cha. It shows I have only had maybe a two or three red teas with this much going on ( although I drink very little of this sort of thing). There is a nice sweetness, excellent durability and noticeable changes in the flavor profile from infusion to infusion. I wish there was more available.

Feb 10th, '13, 11:38

by Emjaysmash » Feb 10th, '13, 11:38

Adagio's Lounge Chair Lapsang

Feb 10th, '13, 15:59

by AdamMY » Feb 10th, '13, 15:59

Jukro Uricha Compressed Balhyocha korean tea. Another lazy grandpa style brew for me today.

Feb 10th, '13, 19:47

by amaranto » Feb 10th, '13, 19:47

Darjeeling Gopaldhara WT-52 autumnal (Does anyone know why Darjeelings are labeled like this, with numbers and such?) from Camellia Sinensis. It's a light, refreshing tea with a great aroma while brewing.

I'm also drinking a blend of Lord Bergamot by Steven Smith Teamaker and La crème des Earl Grey by Camellia Sinensis.

Feb 11th, '13, 04:08

by Tead Off » Feb 11th, '13, 04:08

amaranto wrote:Darjeeling Gopaldhara WT-52 autumnal (Does anyone know why Darjeelings are labeled like this, with numbers and such?) from Camellia Sinensis. It's a light, refreshing tea with a great aroma while brewing.

I'm also drinking a blend of Lord Bergamot by Steven Smith Teamaker and La crème des Earl Grey by Camellia Sinensis.
Could be the name of the clonal varietal.

Feb 11th, '13, 10:16

by amaranto » Feb 11th, '13, 10:16

It looks like you're right, Tead Off: http://www.discoveringtea.com/2012/03/2 ... n-a-label/

Thanks!

Feb 11th, '13, 15:37

by AdamMY » Feb 11th, '13, 15:37

Just had some keemun from Phoenix Teashop.

Feb 14th, '13, 22:34

by etorix » Feb 14th, '13, 22:34

tonight i try a Superior Bai Lin Gong Fu Spring 2011 from Canton Tea

which i must admit had bin buried a bit after i spotted utube ads by

cantonteaco, im quite marketing-resistant

but i do like a good black, Sun-Moon-Lake from EoT particularly

and ive had other Bai Lins from Teaspring

this is holding its own well

Feb 26th, '13, 08:31
Scrolling: scrolling

by Devoted135 » Feb 26th, '13, 08:31

Enjoying the last of my "Watson Blend" from adagio. It's a blend of irish breakfast, cinnamon, and earl grey green, and a great morning cuppa. :)

Mar 1st, '13, 09:27

by Devoted135 » Mar 1st, '13, 09:27

Enjoying the first of some darjeeling from Tea Trekker, which I was prompted to order this week due to a nice sale they mentioned in their newsletter. 8)

This is the 2011 first flush from the Jungpana estate, and is processed to be much more green than usual, which I definitely noticed in the color of the leaves. However, the flavor is still very bright with rich muscatel (or maybe that's the age?) and no bitterness. I was impressed by the size of the leaf bits, mostly about 1/2 leaf intact. Sorry, I didn't have time to take any pictures but can if requested.

I shamelessly ignored their suggestion of 2tsp/6oz :shock: and settled instead on 3tsp/16oz, much more in my comfort zone for black teas.

Mar 1st, '13, 12:28

by sherubtse » Mar 1st, '13, 12:28

Devoted135 wrote:This is the 2011 first flush from the Jungpana estate, and is processed to be much more green than usual, which I definitely noticed in the color of the leaves.
On a recent visit to a Sloane Tea kiosk in downtown, the sales women told me that they were the *only* company in North America to sell Jungpana teas, due to a special arrangement with the estate. :roll:

I bit my tongue, as I was unsure whether she was consciously misleading me or was simply mis-informed by the owners.

http://sloanetea.com/

Best wishes,
sherubtse

Mar 1st, '13, 12:43

by Devoted135 » Mar 1st, '13, 12:43

sherubtse wrote:
Devoted135 wrote:This is the 2011 first flush from the Jungpana estate, and is processed to be much more green than usual, which I definitely noticed in the color of the leaves.
On a recent visit to a Sloane Tea kiosk in downtown, the sales women told me that they were the *only* company in North America to sell Jungpana teas, due to a special arrangement with the estate. :roll:

I bit my tongue, as I was unsure whether she was consciously misleading me or was simply mis-informed by the owners.

Best wishes,
sherubtse
Interesting, their website makes the same claim. Although, Tea Trekker doesn't appear to have either 2012 flush, so perhaps Sloane Tea only became exclusive in 2012? Seems a bit silly though... I guess we'll find out when the 2013 teas come in. :)

Mar 1st, '13, 16:52

by sherubtse » Mar 1st, '13, 16:52

Devoted135 wrote:
sherubtse wrote:

Best wishes,
sherubtse
Interesting, their website makes the same claim. Although, Tea Trekker doesn't appear to have either 2012 flush, so perhaps Sloane Tea only became exclusive in 2012? Seems a bit silly though... I guess we'll find out when the 2013 teas come in. :)
You are being very generous to Sloane. :)

No mention was made to me of being the sole distributor of FF 2012 Jungpana

Also, check here:

http://camellia-sinensis.com/en/catalog ... q=Jungpana

But you're right - let's see who carries Jungpana for the 2013 season.

(Not that I would buy from Sloane, even if they turned out to have exclusive rights, as their teas are very over-priced.)

Best wishes,
sherubtse

Mar 2nd, '13, 22:15

by Devoted135 » Mar 2nd, '13, 22:15

sherubtse wrote:
Devoted135 wrote:
sherubtse wrote:

Best wishes,
sherubtse
You are being very generous to Sloane. :)

No mention was made to me of being the sole distributor of FF 2012 Jungpana

Also, check here:

http://camellia-sinensis.com/en/catalog ... q=Jungpana

But you're right - let's see who carries Jungpana for the 2013 season.

(Not that I would buy from Sloane, even if they turned out to have exclusive rights, as their teas are very over-priced.)

Best wishes,
sherubtse
LOL, I'm trying to be, but they aren't making it easy! I agree, their prices seemed high, plus a relatively small selection.

+ Post Reply