Fu Zhuan "Hei Cha"

Fully oxidized tea leaves for a robust cup.

Jun 28th, '14, 09:35

Re: Fu Zhuan "Hei Cha"

by miig » Jun 28th, '14, 09:35

wow these look great! The Mao pictures (thats what is there, right?) really have a historic touch - very vintage :D

Jun 28th, '14, 19:47

by AllanK » Jun 28th, '14, 19:47

I am tempted to try Fu Zhuan. What are some good current sources on the internet? Any sold on Ebay in stores worth shopping at?

Jun 29th, '14, 08:02

by chrl42 » Jun 29th, '14, 08:02

miig wrote:wow these look great! The Mao pictures (thats what is there, right?) really have a historic touch - very vintage :D
It's really good, (I don't know much about tea but teawares)

Most of CR Mao teawares are fake these days, and Yixings too. Genuine CR propangandic Yixings should be white-painted rather than carving or decoration. Painted 'Mao' should be extremely rare..and quite pricey (but quantity is almost too few to make a price). I once saw a genuine Mao Yixing in Beijing (out of +100 fakes), pretty neat in fashion yet the owner didn't wanna sell :| disappointed me.

Jun 29th, '14, 09:22

by kyarazen » Jun 29th, '14, 09:22

miig wrote:wow these look great! The Mao pictures (thats what is there, right?) really have a historic touch - very vintage :D
there were seven pieces imported in the 80s here, but couldnt sell during that period of time because no one drank such teas, and the quality of the tea is terribly coarse with very rough processing, so much so that many tea snobs wouldnt even touch it with a ten foot pole!

but now with enough age, the rough is smoothening.. and that is why those whom had drank it, considered it a beggar turning into a king (乞丐变皇帝)

a local tea master had experimented with the brewing for two days, and came up with one that worked really well. now desired by many, but just not enough bricks to go around. i'll leave mine stored for another couple of decades to see what it will turn into.

Jul 2nd, '14, 10:37

by MEversbergII » Jul 2nd, '14, 10:37

I take it the "flowers" have overtaken the Mao ones? Pretty wild...

Allan, I have a fair bit of fu left - though no where near as "flowery" as that! If you'd like I can mail you some.

M.

Jan 1st, '15, 01:05
Vendor Member

by jayinhk » Jan 1st, '15, 01:05

Starting the year with fu zhuan I've been aging for a few years. Much more mellow now after a few years of fungal bloom. Definitely very mellow drinking!

Mar 4th, '15, 07:44

by PuerhCollector » Mar 4th, '15, 07:44

When it comes to age tea, puerh has long been my first and only love but Fu tea has really grown on me especially the older vintages. :)

I recently uploaded an entry on the 1970s Fuzhuan Brick (People’s Unification Tea). For those who are interested the link is
http://theguidetopuerhtea.blogspot.com/ ... ation.html

Best, VP

Mar 9th, '15, 11:29

by MEversbergII » Mar 9th, '15, 11:29

Nice article! Reminds me I need to give my current fu brick another check; haven't drunk any in a long while.

M.

Mar 11th, '15, 07:10

by PuerhCollector » Mar 11th, '15, 07:10

Thank you :)

Good, let us know how it goes.

Best, VP

Mar 11th, '15, 22:21

by kyarazen » Mar 11th, '15, 22:21

PuerhCollector wrote:When it comes to age tea, puerh has long been my first and only love but Fu tea has really grown on me especially the older vintages. :)

I recently uploaded an entry on the 1970s Fuzhuan Brick (People’s Unification Tea). For those who are interested the link is

Best, VP
Was it expensive? I picked up a couple of pieces before from a friend

Mar 12th, '15, 22:06

by PuerhCollector » Mar 12th, '15, 22:06

kyarazen wrote:
PuerhCollector wrote:When it comes to age tea, puerh has long been my first and only love but Fu tea has really grown on me especially the older vintages. :)

Best, VP
Was it expensive? I picked up a couple of pieces before from a friend
Hello Kyarazen,

Send me an email varatphong(at)yahoo(dot)com

Share some information about your fu bricks. Perhaps we can trade samples.

Best, VP

Mar 25th, '15, 09:44
Vendor Member

by jayinhk » Mar 25th, '15, 09:44

Managed to give myself the runs in Cambodia By eating a little too adventurously. Trying out fu as a remedy. My tea now tastes quite shu-like. Very interesting.

+ Post Reply