(Big) Brand Name Teas

Fully oxidized tea leaves for a robust cup.

Dec 4th, '07, 09:53

by divintea » Dec 4th, '07, 09:53

I don't know much about Ahmad. What's it like? Overrated, apparently!

Dec 4th, '07, 11:44

by yukondoit » Dec 4th, '07, 11:44

Fukamushi Dynasty wrote:Weak stomach = weak digestive muscles

You gotta work on those digestive muscles. This doesn't mean exercise. This means food. Raw foods. From raw meat to raw oatmeal there is only one way to improve those stomach muscles.
Well, let me be more specific....I get nauseous a lot, normally it's caused by anxiety. I have a pretty stressful job and am just generally pretty stressed out. Ginger seems to quell the nausea caused by stress/not being able to digest properly BECAUSE of stress/ obviously it signals a deeper problem, but digestive tea, specifically with ginger and chamomile, help a great deal.

This is Ahmad's website:
http://www.ahmadtea.com/
----------------------->
Jessica
author+tea >> tea news, reviews & info
http://authoritea.blogspot.com

Dec 4th, '07, 12:16

by divintea » Dec 4th, '07, 12:16

What do you do? Whatever it is, surely you drink lots of tea to get you through the day!

Dec 4th, '07, 12:25

by yukondoit » Dec 4th, '07, 12:25

I'm the Communications Director (public relations manager, etc) for a ski resort in New York. I work long, long hours, there's a lot of pressure and responsibility. Seasons are getting shorter, weather is getting warmer, etc...crazy stuff.
----------------------->
Jessica

Dec 4th, '07, 16:39

by divintea » Dec 4th, '07, 16:39

When the weather gets warmer, do you reach for iced tea?? I bet it's refreshing after hitting the slopes!

Dec 4th, '07, 17:05

by Wesli » Dec 4th, '07, 17:05

:roll:

Dec 4th, '07, 17:59

by yukondoit » Dec 4th, '07, 17:59

I'm not a big iced tea fan. Unless it's hot tea that's cooled down. I drink hot tea all year round...summer comes and I crank up the AC. I hate warm weather.
----------------------->
Jessica

Dec 4th, '07, 18:47
Location: Somewhere in the wilds of Montana, but never without a teacup.

by skywarrior » Dec 4th, '07, 18:47

yukondoit wrote:I'm not a big iced tea fan. Unless it's hot tea that's cooled down. I drink hot tea all year round...summer comes and I crank up the AC. I hate warm weather.
I hate hot weather too. But I will drink iced tea.

Dec 4th, '07, 19:32

by yukondoit » Dec 4th, '07, 19:32

I know I am a traitor but I think my favorite non-tea drink is one of those 4c instant iced teas...the blueberry white tea. So good! I don't like the other stuff.

I bought a bunch of ITO EN Teas' Tea. I am not sure how I feel about them. I like the lemongrass, and esp. the rose, but the white and green/whites have pretty horrid aftertastes, even when sweetened.
----------------------->
Jessica

Dec 4th, '07, 21:24

by evilive » Dec 4th, '07, 21:24

divintea wrote:I don't know much about Ahmad. What's it like? Overrated, apparently!
Ah, time for me to force an annecdote upon you all!
In year 10 (that's the year of school wherein everyone is 15-16) at school, my friends and I stumbled across a recently opened kebab/persian food shop titled "Ahmad's Persian Food". It was a cafe/restaurant which sold all manner of persian delights and also kebabs. It was run by the eponymous Ahmad who was universally described as "the nicest man in Wollongong", Wollongong being the town I live in. He would welcome everyone into his shop without the slightest desire to have them buy anything. He would often lend/give you money to buy you a persian lunch/dinner if you were short of money or hungry. He also stocked chess boards, cards, various other games and tea. All of those things were free to anyone and everyone, whether you were buying something from the store or not. The tea this Iranian man stocked was, naturally, Ahmad tea. He stocked both loose leaf and bagged forms but discouraged his regulars (ie, us) from lowering ourselves to having a tea bag.
As such, my friends and I loved the shop and loved the man. His motto was "It costs nothing to be nice" and I must say, he changed me. His wealth of political and socio-economic knowledge helped shape who I am and it was Ahmad that introduced me into the world of tea in the first place. Ahmad brand ceylon tea will always have a special place in my heart whenever I can get any. Alas, it's SO sparse in Australia and Ahmad (the man) went up to Sydney to get it for the shop. Alas, late last year; Ahmad returned to Iran to be with his parents as they were getting rather sick in their old age. Whilst the shop is virtually dead now, the 'Ahmad spirit', as my friends and I like to say, lives on in all of us. And I really cannot help but smile whenever I'm lucky enough to have some loose leaf Ahmad ceylon tea.

Sorry about the long post

Dec 4th, '07, 21:59

by Mary R » Dec 4th, '07, 21:59

Aw! What a lovely story! I think I might just adopt Ahmed's motto.

I had a similar hang out when I was roughly the same age--a coffee house that some church ladies ran. They were incredibly nice, and often gave kids drinks when we were running low on cash. It was run on a volunteer basis, too, so they were big on showing all of us how to make the different coffee drinks. I got to be quite the barista!

The world needs more places and people like this.

Dec 5th, '07, 01:31

by skywarrior » Dec 5th, '07, 01:31

yukondoit wrote: I bought a bunch of ITO EN Teas' Tea. I am not sure how I feel about them. I like the lemongrass, and esp. the rose, but the white and green/whites have pretty horrid aftertastes, even when sweetened.
I've had the hoijicha from Ito en, but nothing else yet. It did need sugar, IMO.

Dec 5th, '07, 01:34

by skywarrior » Dec 5th, '07, 01:34

evilive wrote:It was run by the eponymous Ahmad who was universally described as "the nicest man in Wollongong",
Awesome story. Thanks for sharing.

Dec 5th, '07, 14:24

by divintea » Dec 5th, '07, 14:24

There's just something special about tea that brings out the best in people. What an awwwwww story. Hope Ahmad knows how much he is loved!

Dec 5th, '07, 17:49

by sweetagave » Dec 5th, '07, 17:49

Am I alone in hating Tazo tea? I haven't had anything of theirs that I've liked - which is obnoxious because that is the only tea Starbucks serves.

I also like Twinning's and some of Stash's bagged teas, but my go-to is Barry's tea, which is popular in Ireland. You can get it in the US in some specialty grocery stores. It's a very strong Irish Breakfast, and you can really taste the Assam in it.

+ Post Reply