(Big) Brand Name Teas

Fully oxidized tea leaves for a robust cup.

Dec 8th, '07, 13:50
Location: Somewhere in the wilds of Montana, but never without a teacup.

by skywarrior » Dec 8th, '07, 13:50

I really like the Adagio Chai (called Oriental Spice). Very smooth.

Dec 8th, '07, 22:03

by daughteroftheKing » Dec 8th, '07, 22:03

Adagio's Oriental Spice mixed with their Pumpkin Spice (seasonal tea) makes a yummy chai. A bit of vanilla kicks it up a bit, too.

Stash is the brand that pulled me back into drinking "real" tea a few years ago (ie, away from Lipton, etc.), but I drink very little of it since discovering Adagio (and a couple of others). Right now, though, I am enjoying Stash's Milk Flavored Oolong; a bit pricey but very good IMO.
"Top off the tea... it lubricates the grey matter."
(Jerry Ledbetter, "Good Neighbors")

Dec 9th, '07, 02:40
Location: Somewhere in the wilds of Montana, but never without a teacup.

by skywarrior » Dec 9th, '07, 02:40

daughteroftheKing wrote:Adagio's Oriental Spice mixed with their Pumpkin Spice (seasonal tea) makes a yummy chai. A bit of vanilla kicks it up a bit, too.
:shock: I will have to try this.

Dec 10th, '07, 09:27

by divintea » Dec 10th, '07, 09:27

Mmm, that pumpkin chai mix sounds yum, daughteroftheKing.

Plural of chai seems like it'd just be chai!!

Dec 31st, '07, 15:39

Re: (Big) Brand Name Teas

by Auntie Medwyn » Dec 31st, '07, 15:39

skywarrior wrote:I lived in Colorado most of my life, so it pains me to say that their tea is terribly greasy. They do fine with tisanes, but regular tea is not that good, IMO.
Yes, I know I'm chiming in pretty late on this thread, but hey - I just joined! Here's some good news regarding Celestial Seasonings: there is a use for it. At least for their peppermint tea. What you do is brew up a big, strong batch of it (let it steep for about 30 min), then you pour it in a four-gallon bucket, mix in some baking soda, some white vinegar, and a bunch of hot water and you mop the ceramic tile kitchen floor. It works great and smells fabulous.

Just thought you'd like to know! :D

On another note, has anyone tried Choice? I quite like their teas - as far as bagged varieties go. Tazo tastes stale and "dusty" to me. Stash is nondescript.

My 2 cents.

Auntie.
The mind is sovereign. Its will is free.

Jan 23rd, '08, 21:58

by Cinnamon Kitty » Jan 23rd, '08, 21:58

My college has Tazo teas for the bagged tea selection. The only ones I like from there are the Refresh and the Zen. Both of those are mint based so they really can't be screwed up too much beyond a less than adequate minty flavor. It works in a pinch whenever they don't use the coffee dispensers to dispense hot water. Icky coffee flavored water does nothing to improve the tea flavors on the way to class.

Jan 24th, '08, 10:45

by KG » Jan 24th, '08, 10:45

I am new to this post, so I just read through it. Starbucks has crappy coffee, (burned beans that are on the verge of molding), so thank you for keeping me from wasting my time on stash. CS? Yuck! That is all that my grandmother drinks, plus she would force us to drink gallons of the trash when we were sick as kids. I myself keep a couple bags of Twinings Irish Breakfast in my purse or in my uniform for when I'm in a pinch. In the Air Force, coffee is only surpassed by beer in both popularity and availability. My mother stumbled across what I considered at the time to be a real gem several years ago called Good Earth Original. Almost tasted like you were chewing on real cinnamon. I tried it again a couple months ago and found it to harsh, but with a great aroma. Makes good sweet tea.

Tea is best when shared

Jan 24th, '08, 11:48

by yukondoit » Jan 24th, '08, 11:48

Good Earth was AWESOME. It was delicious tea. My uncle used to drink it and I got into it big time....I totally forgot about them!!!
----------------------->
Jessica
author+tea >> tea news, reviews & info
http://authoritea.blogspot.com

Jan 29th, '08, 09:02

by Inspired by Tea » Jan 29th, '08, 09:02

I used to drink Yogi green tea. I had tried several other bagged brands and Yogi was the best everyday green tea for me. Perhaps it was just the inspirational little sayings on each tea bag tag that hooked me... In any case, now that I've been awakened to how wonderful tea can be I can't imagine going back.

+ Post Reply