Feb 10th, '08, 15:56

by tmikuckis » Feb 10th, '08, 15:56

I also like Adagio's Ceylon Sonata as a base for iced tea.
tea

Feb 10th, '08, 16:26
Scrolling: scrolling

by Salsero » Feb 10th, '08, 16:26

Chip wrote:I am partial to high grown Ceylons vs the ordinary Ceylons. High grown almost always has more character.
I recently got a sample of a Vithanakande Estate Ceylon from the Ratnapura region of Sri Lanka, a low area. I have found it to be a stunning alternative to the problematic Assams I keep going through.
The vendor wrote:a complex tea that seems to combine ... traits of Ceylons, Assams, and ... China Black (such as Golden Monkey). Medium bodied with fruity, biscuity and honey-chocolate notes.
And I must say I find none of the usual exaggeration in that description. It's not at all like the lemony, light high grown Nuwara Eliya Ceylons. It brews to a dark red color and I found it to have a little more citrus than an Assam and not as malty, but a similarly "big," strong full flavor.

I wouldn't suggest it particularly for iced tea (which I don't drink). For any given tea it seems like there is someone out there who likes to ice it. Of course, Ceylons seem to be the most usual choice.

Feb 18th, '08, 00:22

by fightingdestiny » Feb 18th, '08, 00:22

I find ceylons a little bitter, so I usually stick with Assam. Adagio's Darjeeling #22 is also good and not too expensive.

Feb 18th, '08, 02:35

by Pentox » Feb 18th, '08, 02:35

I wonder what kind of an iced tea some Castleton Darjeeling SFTGFOP would make. j/k.

Feb 18th, '08, 02:44
Scrolling: scrolling

by scruffmcgruff » Feb 18th, '08, 02:44

Pentox wrote:I wonder what kind of an iced tea some Castleton Darjeeling SFTGFOP would make. j/k.
Actually, it's quite good. :)

I don't usually make tea with the intention of icing it, but if I have some that cools because I get sidetracked, I'll throw some ice in there. Iced darjeeling is great, IMO.
Tea Nerd - www.teanerd.com

Feb 18th, '08, 03:21

by Pentox » Feb 18th, '08, 03:21

Scruff McGruff wrote:
Pentox wrote:I wonder what kind of an iced tea some Castleton Darjeeling SFTGFOP would make. j/k.
Actually, it's quite good. :)

I don't usually make tea with the intention of icing it, but if I have some that cools because I get sidetracked, I'll throw some ice in there. Iced darjeeling is great, IMO.
I would imagine it would, but the trick is finding some. I don't think i've seen Castleton SFTGFOP yet.

Mar 7th, '08, 07:08

by Trioxin » Mar 7th, '08, 07:08

I've yet to subject Castleton to ice but I have tried Namring FTGFOP1 over the cold. Not bad. Normally though I use Kenilworth Ceylon for my iced teas. Makes a very good iced tea and won't break the bank.

+ Post Reply