1.5 year old teas. can i drink them?

Fully oxidized tea leaves for a robust cup.

Jan 23rd, '08, 23:08

by joelbct » Jan 23rd, '08, 23:08

karia wrote:sorry i have been so cranky trying to get my adagio order... that i havent had a chance to taste the tea. i will do so soon.
Haha, it's ok, it was just a joke: "we'll organize a search party," as in, if you are incapacitated by the toxic tea, and we don't hear from you as a result...

Perhaps not a very good joke! But a joke, nonetheless :)

Jan 24th, '08, 00:33
Scrolling: scrolling

by Chip » Jan 24th, '08, 00:33

joelbct wrote:
karia wrote:sorry i have been so cranky trying to get my adagio order... that i havent had a chance to taste the tea. i will do so soon.
Haha, it's ok, it was just a joke: "we'll organize a search party," as in, if you are incapacitated by the toxic tea, and we don't hear from you as a result...

Perhaps not a very good joke! But a joke, nonetheless :)
Oh the irony... :roll:
blah blah blah SENCHA blah blah blah!!!

Jan 24th, '08, 03:11
Location: Somewhere in the wilds of Montana, but never without a teacup.

by skywarrior » Jan 24th, '08, 03:11

Chip wrote:
Oh the irony... :roll:
::headdesk::

Feb 1st, '08, 15:24

by andycr512 » Feb 1st, '08, 15:24

I'm going through ancient 4-year-old teabags from my earlier tea-drinking days in the "tea closet" (I'm trying to get rid of them, to make room for some good tea) and most are alright-ish. Some of the greens and whites are rather bad, but the blacks were mostly in airtight tins and are good enough to drink.

Feb 1st, '08, 22:23

Re: 1.5 year old teas. can i drink them?

by cherryking » Feb 1st, '08, 22:23

karia wrote:I just found some 1.5 year old black teas from adagio. yunnan jig, golden needle and i forgot the last one. all in 4 oz tins.

can i still drink them? will they be terrible? should i just throw them out? from the looks of the tins i just had them once or two and then forgot about them.
That is Ok for drink, but maybe taste is not as good as fresh one. Try to keep tea in icebox, that will be ok for stock, specially for good black tea.

Apr 2nd, '08, 19:39

by soapy » Apr 2nd, '08, 19:39

Can someone correct me if I'm wrong please but don't teas better with age, like wines?
I would never toss mine, I have approx 100 or so of the little tins of teas and then I use all the little bits left to mix into an empty tin.. People send me teas from all over the world so who knows how old some of them are before I try them.....didn't think they expired unless they are exposed to moist or humid conditions and get moldy....

thank
Get Paid to go on Vacations and deduct ALL personal travel, car purchases, concerts, attractions,golfing, flowers, going to sport events and so much more.
ask me how!
http://travelsyourway.biz
What are you waiting for...Join Today!

Apr 2nd, '08, 21:54
Scrolling: scrolling

by scruffmcgruff » Apr 2nd, '08, 21:54

soapy wrote:Can someone correct me if I'm wrong please but don't teas better with age, like wines?
Only some teas (puerh, some oolongs) do, and these have specific storage requirements that must be satisfied in order to age well.
Tea Nerd - www.teanerd.com

Apr 3rd, '08, 07:11

by soapy » Apr 3rd, '08, 07:11

scruffmcgruff wrote:
soapy wrote:Can someone correct me if I'm wrong please but don't teas better with age, like wines?
Only some teas (puerh, some oolongs) do, and these have specific storage requirements that must be satisfied in order to age well.

Great!! Thank you!
Get Paid to go on Vacations and deduct ALL personal travel, car purchases, concerts, attractions,golfing, flowers, going to sport events and so much more.
ask me how!
http://travelsyourway.biz
What are you waiting for...Join Today!

+ Post Reply