iced tea

Fully oxidized tea leaves for a robust cup.

Sep 8th, '05, 06:08

iced tea

by erskine river » Sep 8th, '05, 06:08

Hi all, we are opening a tea house and have everything sussed(so we think!)except for iced tea .What is the best way to avoid cloudiness in iced tea?Is there one that is less likely to cloud? I had been told a good darjeeling would work but it still clouded.Also will making a concentrate as a base end up being too bitter or can I just sweeten it up.So far the grens and fruits have not given any problems, thanks.

Sep 8th, '05, 21:51

Re: iced tea

by Ric » Sep 8th, '05, 21:51

erskine river wrote:Hi all, we are opening a tea house and have everything sussed(so we think!)except for iced tea .What is the best way to avoid cloudiness in iced tea?Is there one that is less likely to cloud? I had been told a good darjeeling would work but it still clouded.Also will making a concentrate as a base end up being too bitter or can I just sweeten it up.So far the grens and fruits have not given any problems, thanks.
Sounds like you are using tap water. Have you tried distilled water? :?:
In God's Grace,
Ric

Sep 9th, '05, 13:16

Cloudy Iced Tea

by To A Tea » Sep 9th, '05, 13:16

As far as cloudy tea: this happens when you put it in the refrigerator or cool it in any way. The “solids” in the tea (particles of leaf, and the compounds that make up the leaf) react to the cold. You can clear it up by pouring a cup of hot water into the cold tea. This should only happen with fresh brewed tea, the mixes will be cloudy because of the process used to make instant tea. The bottled tea will most likely be clear because it’s already been screened.

Sep 10th, '05, 03:38

by PeteVu » Sep 10th, '05, 03:38

let your tea come to room temperature, then put it in the fridge. the result should not be cloudy.
There are four advantages to green tea... Its beauty, its taste, its aroma, and its health benefits. Learn to enjoy the first three and you'll forget you drank it for the fourth. ^^

Oct 24th, '05, 06:45

by DURDEN62 » Oct 24th, '05, 06:45

ADD A PINCH OF BAKING SODA JUST AFTER YOU REMOVE THE TEA FROM THE HEAT ( WATCH OUT FOR BOIL UP) YOU LIKE THE EFFECT A DARK CLEAR TEA

+ Post Reply