Twinings...

Fully oxidized tea leaves for a robust cup.

Jul 26th, '10, 02:51

Re: Twinings...

by xdunlapx » Jul 26th, '10, 02:51

I am about to try Twinings chai (it hasn't arrived yet from an online purchase). I am extremely new to tea drinking and so far I've only tried Celestial Seasonings india spice chai, Tazo Organic Chai, Stash Chai (I do not like the Stash chai), Stash Orange Spice and some other apple spice. So far I can't go an hour without the Tazo organic chai. It's simply wonderful. Also, I cannot stand iced tea. I've even tried making chai iced tea and it was nasty. Must just be my tastebuds, preferring hot tea to iced.

After reading about twinings in this thread, I'm excited to try the chai they make. I want to try a standard black tea but I have no idea what that would be. English breakfast tea? Remember, I'm brand new to tea drinking... So far I think I like black tea. I've not yet had the chance to try non-black tea or anything other than chai, besides the orange and apple spice tea. Any suggestions?

Jul 26th, '10, 10:47

by TwoPynts » Jul 26th, '10, 10:47

I've tried a number of bagged chais. I find the pre-made stuff a bit pricey and have not had the chance to try loose leaf versions yet.Tetly, Tazo, Celestial Seasonings -- all make a decent chai. I find the bags to be a tad week though, especially after adding milk or cream so I tend to use two bags per mug.

I'm getting into the loose leafs and more exotic teas now, but has my office also has free Bigelow so if I need a quick green tea fix, it's convenient.

Jul 29th, '10, 22:16

by xdunlapx » Jul 29th, '10, 22:16

I decided to give loose leaf a try so I ordered the ingenuiTEA that came with the tea sampler. I chose the black sampler and added Assam Melody and Assam Harmony as samples to my order. I'll get it tomorrow. I'm so excited! Loose leaf tea here I come!

I like Twinings English Breakfast and Irish Breakfast with milk and splenda. It mellows it out a bit which I like.

Jul 30th, '10, 11:28

by TwoPynts » Jul 30th, '10, 11:28

Keep us updated and let me know how you like the ingenuiTea infuser. :)

Aug 1st, '10, 22:00

by xdunlapx » Aug 1st, '10, 22:00

Oh my gosh. I love the ingenuiTEA. It's so easy to use and to clean! I've not had any tea leaves or bits fall into my tea. The mesh is perfect. I couldn't be happier with it. Now I just have to find tea I really like. I've tried 4 teas and don't really like any of them. I don't think I could drink them every day. I ordered 2 more samples from adagio, so maybe those will be good. :)

Sep 12th, '10, 16:29

by RaynBeatle » Sep 12th, '10, 16:29

I love the earl grey K-cups for the Keurig.

Sep 12th, '10, 17:41

by cyberhoofer » Sep 12th, '10, 17:41

I began my 'journey' with Twinings bags way back in 1974, when I was 12. The moved into their loose leaf tins: Earl Grey, Prince of Wales, Irish Breakfast, Lapsang Souchong -and the Darjeeling, the tin was of violet colour - guess it still is :lol:

It's been a long journey. And if it hadn't been for Twinings, I wouldn't be where I am today. Enjoying the gorgeous 2nd Flush Single Estate Darjeelings I get straight from India: from Thunderbolt Tea, Lochan Tea, Tea Emporium, Goldentips & Kho-Cha.

And their teas aren't actually that bad at all, Twinings I mean !!!

Thank you, Twinings, for having introduced me into loose leaf tea 36 years ago :mrgreen:

Sep 15th, '10, 22:15

by DoctorD » Sep 15th, '10, 22:15

Twinings Prince of Wales was just about the first loose tea I ever had. I used the empty tin as a pencil holder for years. I still use a Twinings teabag once in awhile for cooking purposes, to brew a poaching liquid or some such, and my wife still keeps a few English Breakfast teabags around for days when she's in a hurry or has run out of whatever breakfast blend I concocted for her. I have some fond memories of Twinings (and I think their label design is classy), but that's not where I am these days, teawise.

Sep 22nd, '10, 16:34

by Alex » Sep 22nd, '10, 16:34

I like bagged tea like English breakfast etc. I see it as a completely different thing from my love of oolongs & greens. I have it with milk and sugar. :lol:

+ Post Reply