adagio's 2008 Darjeeling?


Fully oxidized tea leaves for a robust cup.

adagio's 2008 Darjeeling?

Postby shogun89 » May 9th, '08, 15:07

Hello everyone.
I just spoted those pics of the 2008 Darjeeling tea being opened and makes me really want some. Has anyone had any yet and what did you think of it? :D
User avatar
shogun89
 
Posts: 1636
Joined: Feb 15th, '
Location: Pennsylvania

Postby ThinkingOutLoud » May 9th, '08, 22:12

I am not, by any stretch of any super creative six year old's imagination (and that imagination, let me tell you, will stretch far) a great student of Darjeelings, but I like it! :D If I were Katrina, say, I could give you in depth tasting notes. Here is my tasting note: it's yummy. Try it!
User avatar
ThinkingOutLoud
 
Posts: 160
Joined: Apr 8th, '0
Location: Maryland

Postby Cinnamon Kitty » May 9th, '08, 22:33

I found that it tasted green and sharp.
User avatar
Cinnamon Kitty
 
Posts: 1058
Joined: Jan 15th, '
Location: Syracuse, NY

Postby Victoria » May 13th, '08, 01:23

I really need to order a sample before it's gone.
User avatar
Victoria
 
Posts: 8186
Joined: Jan 8th, '0
Location: Southern CA

Postby PolyhymnianMuse » May 13th, '08, 02:33

Victoria wrote:I really need to order a sample before it's gone.

Ditto. I'm going to place an order soon and I'm thinking its going to be a large one. I need to try this, the ti kuan yin, the yunnan gold, and oolong or two... so many teas to try. I don't even know what sizes... so many decisions... :shock:
User avatar
PolyhymnianMuse
 
Posts: 696
Joined: Dec 30th, '
Location: Sandy Run Road, Pennsylvania, USA

Postby LavenderPekoe » May 13th, '08, 10:02

I ordered a sample of both the #1 and the Spring last night.
User avatar
LavenderPekoe
 
Posts: 382
Joined: Aug 17th, '

Postby shogun89 » May 13th, '08, 15:27

PolyhymnianMuse wrote:
Victoria wrote:I really need to order a sample before it's gone.

Ditto. I'm going to place an order soon and I'm thinking its going to be a large one. I need to try this, the ti kuan yin, the yunnan gold, and oolong or two... so many teas to try. I don't even know what sizes... so many decisions... :shock:


I strongly advise a large size of Yunnan gold, wonderful tea. Ti Kuan Yin should be a sampler because its not an all around pleaser but some like me find it very good. Once all of you get your samples tell me what you think.
Thanks for all the replies!
User avatar
shogun89
 
Posts: 1636
Joined: Feb 15th, '
Location: Pennsylvania

Postby Cinnamon Kitty » May 13th, '08, 16:26

shogun89 wrote:
PolyhymnianMuse wrote:
Victoria wrote:I really need to order a sample before it's gone.

Ditto. I'm going to place an order soon and I'm thinking its going to be a large one. I need to try this, the ti kuan yin, the yunnan gold, and oolong or two... so many teas to try. I don't even know what sizes... so many decisions... :shock:


I strongly advise a large size of Yunnan gold, wonderful tea. Ti Kuan Yin should be a sampler because its not an all around pleaser but some like me find it very good. Once all of you get your samples tell me what you think.
Thanks for all the replies!


I disagree. After hearing all the good things about Yunnan Gold, I was going to order a large container of it, but decided on the sample first. I am very glad that I ordered the sample because I can't stand the smell of that tea at all. I would definitely suggest ordering samples first since even though the tea sounds tasty, it may not be to your liking.
User avatar
Cinnamon Kitty
 
Posts: 1058
Joined: Jan 15th, '
Location: Syracuse, NY

Postby Beidao » May 13th, '08, 16:32

I find Yunnan Gold to be a lot like pu. And we all now that pu isn't to everyones liking... Still, I recommend a not to small package. Myself, I had to drink several cups before I could start to like it. Had I only had enough for one brewing I would've had only unpleasant memories of it.
User avatar
Beidao
 
Posts: 524
Joined: Apr 10th, '
Location: Sweden

Postby PolyhymnianMuse » May 13th, '08, 16:53

I have had yunnan gold from mighty tea before and liked it, and I'm loving pu so I probably will go for a larger size of that one. I'll probably order a bunch of samples though to get a good variety of tea and try out all they have. Does anyone know about how much tea is actually in one of those sample tins, in terms of weight? Also, I'm curious if adagio really weighs out the tea precisely or they just fill the tin of the size you purchase...
User avatar
PolyhymnianMuse
 
Posts: 696
Joined: Dec 30th, '
Location: Sandy Run Road, Pennsylvania, USA

Postby shogun89 » May 13th, '08, 19:35

PolyhymnianMuse wrote:Does anyone know about how much tea is actually in one of those sample tins, in terms of weight? Also, I'm curious if adagio really weighs out the tea precisely or they just fill the tin of the size you purchase...


For adagio, they fill the tin up to the rim and thats it. its all done by volume not weight. so you could have 5 grams of one tea and 10 of another. for a regular tin of tea about the volume of yunnan gold or so you may get about 3 grams.
User avatar
shogun89
 
Posts: 1636
Joined: Feb 15th, '
Location: Pennsylvania

Postby ilya » May 14th, '08, 01:04

Actually, all of Adagio's teas are sold by weight and these are displayed right next to the prices.
User avatar
ilya
Site Admin
 
Posts: 538
Joined: May 20th, '
Location: New York, NY

Postby PolyhymnianMuse » May 14th, '08, 02:01

I understand that all the teas are sold by weight, but how exactly do you do it? Say if I got a 3 oz tin of something, do you weigh out the 3 oz of tea and than put it in the tin? Is this for all tins, like for instance I asked before how much weight was in a sample tin, or are sample tins just filled?
User avatar
PolyhymnianMuse
 
Posts: 696
Joined: Dec 30th, '
Location: Sandy Run Road, Pennsylvania, USA

Postby shogun89 » May 14th, '08, 15:05

ilya wrote:Actually, all of Adagio's teas are sold by weight and these are displayed right next to the prices.


There are 3 standard sizes, sample, small and medium tins. regardless of what tea it is all the tins in there class (medium for instance) have the exact same volume. these tins are then filled to the top, weighed, then that weight is only the weight per volume, which is then displayed next to the product. for those chemistry people out there think of it as molecular weight, gram per mole. its only how much weight can go into that particular size tin. I'm not trying to prove anybody wrong here, I'm simply stating the in depth truth. :D
User avatar
shogun89
 
Posts: 1636
Joined: Feb 15th, '
Location: Pennsylvania

Next

Instant Messenger

Permissions
You cannot post new topics
You cannot reply to topics
You cannot edit your posts
You cannot delete your posts
You cannot post attachments
Navigation