adagio's 2008 Darjeeling?

Fully oxidized tea leaves for a robust cup.

May 14th, '08, 15:22

by Pentox » May 14th, '08, 15:22

I was told previously that the sample tins are the exception. Sample tins are supposed to be by volume, the sample tin is filled to capacity. The other options are sold by weight with that weight placed into the containers regardless of spare space in the tin. So a 3 oz tin would have 3 oz, even if that was only half full on that tin. The sample though would vary per sample tea's density.

May 14th, '08, 16:19

by shogun89 » May 14th, '08, 16:19

Pentox wrote:I was told previously that the sample tins are the exception. Sample tins are supposed to be by volume, the sample tin is filled to capacity. The other options are sold by weight with that weight placed into the containers regardless of spare space in the tin. So a 3 oz tin would have 3 oz, even if that was only half full on that tin. The sample though would vary per sample tea's density.
You may be right. As I mentioned earlier I'm really not trying to be a jerk here i just based that on personal experience.

May 14th, '08, 16:44

by LavenderPekoe » May 14th, '08, 16:44

shogun89 - You do realize you are arguing with one of the owners of Adagio there, though, right? I think he knows how they do it (not pentox, Ilya).

May 14th, '08, 17:45

by shogun89 » May 14th, '08, 17:45

LavenderPekoe wrote:shogun89 - You do realize you are arguing with one of the owners of Adagio there, though, right? I think he knows how they do it (not pentox, Ilya).
Yes I am aware. I'm only stating my thoughts. Ilya I have nothing against you at all, and I really appreciate what you do for all of us tea lovers out here. Please don't take any of my comments in a negative way. I truly mean no harm by them. I was just trying to help poly... out there and I think the whole thing got blown way out of proportion. I'm sorry if i have caused any trouble.

May 14th, '08, 18:44

by PolyhymnianMuse » May 14th, '08, 18:44

Shogun, I'm sure it's quite alright, afterall you were just explaining what you thought so no harm done :)

Thats what i was assuming that the sample tins might just be filled and there you go. Perhaps I'll get a few 3 or 4 oz. tins along with a bunch of samples. I'll have to see how much spending money i'll have at my disposal :lol:

May 24th, '08, 09:36
Scrolling: scrolling

by CynTEAa » May 24th, '08, 09:36

Cinnamon Kitty wrote:I found that it tasted green and sharp.
How long did you steep it? With Darjeelings, especially first flushes, I'll use 3 min as a median as opposed to the 5 min suggested elsewhere. This is also true of Nepal FF.

But I have an affinity for both! :D

May 24th, '08, 10:55

by Cinnamon Kitty » May 24th, '08, 10:55

CynTEAa wrote:
Cinnamon Kitty wrote:I found that it tasted green and sharp.
How long did you steep it? With Darjeelings, especially first flushes, I'll use 3 min as a median as opposed to the 5 min suggested elsewhere. This is also true of Nepal FF.

But I have an affinity for both! :D
I tried 4 minutes, once at boiling and once at slightly below boiling. They both came out very sharp tasting. I'll try it again with a shorter steep time. Thanks for the tip.

May 24th, '08, 11:07
Scrolling: scrolling

by Victoria » May 24th, '08, 11:07

I went 3 mins. It's a little bit astringent, but I was really surprised how much I liked it. I have never tasted a black that was that fresh and I love the green taste in there. Very nice cup.

+ Post Reply