adagio's 2008 Darjeeling?

Fully oxidized tea leaves for a robust cup.

May 9th, '08, 15:07

adagio's 2008 Darjeeling?

by shogun89 » May 9th, '08, 15:07

Hello everyone.
I just spoted those pics of the 2008 Darjeeling tea being opened and makes me really want some. Has anyone had any yet and what did you think of it? :D

May 9th, '08, 22:12

by ThinkingOutLoud » May 9th, '08, 22:12

I am not, by any stretch of any super creative six year old's imagination (and that imagination, let me tell you, will stretch far) a great student of Darjeelings, but I like it! :D If I were Katrina, say, I could give you in depth tasting notes. Here is my tasting note: it's yummy. Try it!

May 9th, '08, 22:33

by Cinnamon Kitty » May 9th, '08, 22:33

I found that it tasted green and sharp.

May 13th, '08, 01:23
Scrolling: scrolling

by Victoria » May 13th, '08, 01:23

I really need to order a sample before it's gone.

May 13th, '08, 02:33

by PolyhymnianMuse » May 13th, '08, 02:33

Victoria wrote:I really need to order a sample before it's gone.
Ditto. I'm going to place an order soon and I'm thinking its going to be a large one. I need to try this, the ti kuan yin, the yunnan gold, and oolong or two... so many teas to try. I don't even know what sizes... so many decisions... :shock:

May 13th, '08, 10:02

by LavenderPekoe » May 13th, '08, 10:02

I ordered a sample of both the #1 and the Spring last night.
Teas for trade:

May 13th, '08, 15:27

by shogun89 » May 13th, '08, 15:27

PolyhymnianMuse wrote:
Ditto. I'm going to place an order soon and I'm thinking its going to be a large one. I need to try this, the ti kuan yin, the yunnan gold, and oolong or two... so many teas to try. I don't even know what sizes... so many decisions... :shock:
I strongly advise a large size of Yunnan gold, wonderful tea. Ti Kuan Yin should be a sampler because its not an all around pleaser but some like me find it very good. Once all of you get your samples tell me what you think.
Thanks for all the replies!

May 13th, '08, 16:26

by Cinnamon Kitty » May 13th, '08, 16:26

shogun89 wrote:
PolyhymnianMuse wrote:
I strongly advise a large size of Yunnan gold, wonderful tea. Ti Kuan Yin should be a sampler because its not an all around pleaser but some like me find it very good. Once all of you get your samples tell me what you think.
Thanks for all the replies!
I disagree. After hearing all the good things about Yunnan Gold, I was going to order a large container of it, but decided on the sample first. I am very glad that I ordered the sample because I can't stand the smell of that tea at all. I would definitely suggest ordering samples first since even though the tea sounds tasty, it may not be to your liking.

May 13th, '08, 16:32

by Beidao » May 13th, '08, 16:32

I find Yunnan Gold to be a lot like pu. And we all now that pu isn't to everyones liking... Still, I recommend a not to small package. Myself, I had to drink several cups before I could start to like it. Had I only had enough for one brewing I would've had only unpleasant memories of it.
The noise comes from the other side of the mirror

May 13th, '08, 16:53

by PolyhymnianMuse » May 13th, '08, 16:53

I have had yunnan gold from mighty tea before and liked it, and I'm loving pu so I probably will go for a larger size of that one. I'll probably order a bunch of samples though to get a good variety of tea and try out all they have. Does anyone know about how much tea is actually in one of those sample tins, in terms of weight? Also, I'm curious if adagio really weighs out the tea precisely or they just fill the tin of the size you purchase...

May 13th, '08, 19:35

by shogun89 » May 13th, '08, 19:35

PolyhymnianMuse wrote:Does anyone know about how much tea is actually in one of those sample tins, in terms of weight? Also, I'm curious if adagio really weighs out the tea precisely or they just fill the tin of the size you purchase...
For adagio, they fill the tin up to the rim and thats it. its all done by volume not weight. so you could have 5 grams of one tea and 10 of another. for a regular tin of tea about the volume of yunnan gold or so you may get about 3 grams.

May 14th, '08, 01:04
Adagio

by ilya » May 14th, '08, 01:04

Actually, all of Adagio's teas are sold by weight and these are displayed right next to the prices.

May 14th, '08, 02:01

by PolyhymnianMuse » May 14th, '08, 02:01

I understand that all the teas are sold by weight, but how exactly do you do it? Say if I got a 3 oz tin of something, do you weigh out the 3 oz of tea and than put it in the tin? Is this for all tins, like for instance I asked before how much weight was in a sample tin, or are sample tins just filled?

May 14th, '08, 15:05

by shogun89 » May 14th, '08, 15:05

ilya wrote:Actually, all of Adagio's teas are sold by weight and these are displayed right next to the prices.
There are 3 standard sizes, sample, small and medium tins. regardless of what tea it is all the tins in there class (medium for instance) have the exact same volume. these tins are then filled to the top, weighed, then that weight is only the weight per volume, which is then displayed next to the product. for those chemistry people out there think of it as molecular weight, gram per mole. its only how much weight can go into that particular size tin. I'm not trying to prove anybody wrong here, I'm simply stating the in depth truth. :D

+ Post Reply