second post, first TRUE cup of tea

Fully oxidized tea leaves for a robust cup.

Postby Victoria » Oct 8th, '08, 21:51

Congrats on you new tea! Please tell me you nuked the water only and not the tea. :?
Victoria

Postby motokochan » Oct 8th, '08, 23:00

Don't worry, you'll get the hang of things eventually. Everyone has to start somewhere.
motokochan

Postby Salsero » Oct 8th, '08, 23:53

Keep us posted on the further experiments!
Salsero

Postby omegapd » Oct 9th, '08, 03:03

A Java black tea is one of my favorites. If you run out and would like to order more from here in the States, Special Teas has a very good one and it's inexpensive.

http://www.specialteas.com/Black-Tea/Ja ... va-OP.html
omegapd

First Tea

Postby treazure » Oct 12th, '08, 11:49

Be aware that you'll get hooked on tea. People will visit you and find cabinets filled with teas and several teapots. After all, a gentle green tea wants a lovely,paper thin porcelain teapot while a robust black tea like Irish or Scottish (AKA English breakfast tea) almost demands a good heavy teapot. Or at least this is how I partially justify my collection of teapots to my husband of almost 41 years.

My hearty morning tea is served in a beefy cobalt blue Fiesta ware pot or my English brown Betty. Mid morning tea is in one of my figural teapots (cats). Afternoon tea is served in a thin porcelain pot a friend brought back from Viet Nam. Our nighttime right before bed teapot is an old McCormick teapot handed down from my parents.

Currently drinking Constant Comment with a splash of rum and a bit of vanilla cream. Mmmmmm tea. I'm delighted that you've discovered the incredible world of tea - liquor of the gods. Its always nice to meet a budding teaholic.
8)
treazure

Instant Messenger

Permissions