Stash Millenium Blend Black

Fully oxidized tea leaves for a robust cup.

Oct 26th, '08, 15:51
Scrolling: scrolling

by Victoria » Oct 26th, '08, 15:51

"A blend of exquisite world-class teas includes Kopili Estate Assam, Kenilworth Estate Ceylon, Green Darjeeling, Gunpowder Temple of Heaven, Dragonwell Special Grade, Formosa Oolong, Mutan White, and Keemun Hao Ya. Each tea adds its distinctive flavor notes to this special blend"

Sort of an interesting tea for a change of pace for your morning black. It has an over all Darjeeling flavor to it, yet the Assam is clearly present. I can also pick out the Ceylon. Not sure I'm pickup up on the green or white, but as it cools different flavors do emerge, making it interesting nonetheless.

The leaves are a little bit fluffy with some nice colors. It brews up a medium black/red.

Oct 26th, '08, 17:22

by omegapd » Oct 26th, '08, 17:22

That sounds like something I'd make up with the remnants of every tin I went through. :wink:

EW

Oct 26th, '08, 17:34

by Victoria » Oct 26th, '08, 17:34

Maybe you should work for Stash.
:)

Oct 26th, '08, 17:46

by Chip » Oct 26th, '08, 17:46

That is a pretty bizzare blend. Sometimes I think companies that do a lot of blending are trying too hard, IMH&AO. I guess I am not much of a blend kinda guy. :idea:
blah blah blah SENCHA blah blah blah!!!

Oct 26th, '08, 17:49

by omegapd » Oct 26th, '08, 17:49

Chip wrote:That is a pretty bizzare blend. Sometimes I think companies that do a lot of blending are trying too hard, IMH&AO. I guess I am not much of a blend kinda guy. :idea:
You have a much better outlook on it than I do, Chip. I think they bought too much of something and it's about to go stale, so they make a "special edition limited blend" to get rid of the stuff. :lol: :shock:

EW

Oct 26th, '08, 17:51

by Chip » Oct 26th, '08, 17:51

omegapd wrote:
Chip wrote:That is a pretty bizzare blend. Sometimes I think companies that do a lot of blending are trying too hard, IMH&AO. I guess I am not much of a blend kinda guy. :idea:
You have a much better outlook on it than I do, Chip. I think they bought too much of something and it's about to go stale, so they make a "special edition limited blend" to get rid of the stuff. :lol: :shock:

EW
What he said!

I was being nice, but it was implied ... :lol:

Oct 26th, '08, 17:53

by Victoria » Oct 26th, '08, 17:53

Not too sure how many "blends" I have actually tried. Not many. But this one appealed to me for a couple of reasons; one because of the Darjeeling and the oolong. Also the fact that I used to drink a lot of Assam and Ceylon. Secondly because I had placed a large loose leaf order anyway and wanted to include a few more blacks. I'm on a mission to rev up the Black Forum at least until someone else wants to champion the cause!

Oct 26th, '08, 17:56

by Chip » Oct 26th, '08, 17:56

Golden Monkey, straight, FTW! 8)

Oct 26th, '08, 18:05

by omegapd » Oct 26th, '08, 18:05

Hey V,

Please don't feel like I was picking on you. I just have a gripe with Stash- almost the same way that Chip does with RoT- They got me interested in tea and for that I'm grateful, but now I look at them like the Starbucks of the tea world. A lot of mail catalogs and advertising, not the best tea in the world, and more expensive than other places around.

EW

Oct 26th, '08, 18:13

by Chip » Oct 26th, '08, 18:13

I tried a bunch of Stash teas early on in my TeaJourney. Liked a few tbh, but the Jade pillar green tasted like a hot dog on a bun, I haven't been back for tea since. So, I am always a little suspicious of their "unusual" offerings.

TBH, I cannot understand why a big company like Stash would offer a tea with blacks, oolong, green, white, especially considering how differently one brews them individually.

Oct 26th, '08, 18:15

by Victoria » Oct 26th, '08, 18:15

omegapd wrote:Hey V,

Please don't feel like I was picking on you. I just have a gripe with Stash- almost the same way that Chip does with RoT- They got me interested in tea and for that I'm grateful, but now I look at them like the Starbucks of the tea world. A lot of mail catalogs and advertising, not the best tea in the world, and more expensive than other places around.

EW
Oh of course not EW!! You pick on me??? Never.
:wink:

Yes, I feel the same way about RoT and this is how I felt about Stash in general also. I cannot think of Stash without seeing their logo teabags. But I have heard some good things about their loose leaf teas. Now that I have tried several I can say at least one has been quite phenomenal. So never say never.

I'd be happy to share a few samples of this with anyone interested.
Except the above two responders, of course.

Oct 26th, '08, 18:21

by caligatia » Oct 26th, '08, 18:21

I'd be willing to try it. (And I want to rev up the black tea section, too; I just don't have a lot of different teas to talk about -- yet. *rubs hands together excitedly, thinking about the Tea Source order to be placed next week*)

Oct 26th, '08, 18:22

by Chip » Oct 26th, '08, 18:22

Victoria wrote: I'd be happy to share a few samples of this with anyone interested.
Except the above two responders, of course.
:lol:

Maybe you should work for Stash!

Oct 26th, '08, 18:29

by Victoria » Oct 26th, '08, 18:29

Great Caligatia! PM me with your address and let me know if there are others you would like to try.

Let's get people talking!!!

Oct 26th, '08, 18:39

by omegapd » Oct 26th, '08, 18:39

Chip wrote:
:lol:

Maybe you should work for Stash!
Ah man, you beat me to it...

So, V, what was the one phenomenal tea? I must have missed that post...

EW

+ Post Reply