A good decaffeinated tea?

Fully oxidized tea leaves for a robust cup.

Postby Artemis » Jul 17th, '09, 10:53

Personally, I'd stick to herbals for a completely caffeine free blend. You can use decaf black tea, but I'm sensitive to caffeine and it can keep me up if I drink it too late in the evenings.
Artemis

Re: A good decaffeinated tea?

Postby sbeans72 » Jul 24th, '09, 18:46

Here's a tip I learned from a newsletter from Taste Indulgence

To get a naturally decaffeinated pot of tea, first briefly brew your tea in boiling water (in a tea bag). Then in another pot of boiling water using the same tea bag, brew it again. Your second batch will have less caffeine than the first batch.
sbeans72

Postby scruffmcgruff » Jul 24th, '09, 19:21

sbeans72 wrote:Here's a tip I learned from a newsletter from Taste Indulgence

To get a naturally decaffeinated pot of tea, first briefly brew your tea in boiling water (in a tea bag). Then in another pot of boiling water using the same tea bag, brew it again. Your second batch will have less caffeine than the first batch.

Intuit wrote:Wash your tea leaves for no longer than 20 s with very hot, but not quite boiling water. That will remove most of the caffeine, but leaves behind the theanine in the leaves.

This is a huge tea myth that really needs to die already. Yes, there is slightly less caffeine, but it is far from gone, especially with only 20-30 seconds.
scruffmcgruff

Postby alaric » Sep 28th, '10, 19:24

I like Luzianne decaf , but I also like their regular tea. Especially for iced tea.
alaric

Previous

Instant Messenger

Permissions