Need brewing advice for Adagio's Darjeeing #22

Fully oxidized tea leaves for a robust cup.

Mar 9th, '09, 01:56

by pedantic » Mar 9th, '09, 01:56

tjkoko wrote: So, Pedantic, which of Adagio's DJ's do you specifically recommend?
I'm not really quite sure what flavor profile you are looking for. Since I look for the muscatel flavors prominent in all darjeelings. You say you are looking for "lemony pungency", and I think of a ceylon rather than a darjeeling.

Mar 9th, '09, 18:01

by tjkoko_off » Mar 9th, '09, 18:01

pedantic wrote:[...Since I look for the muscatel flavors prominent in all darjeelings. You say you are looking for "lemony pungency..."
It's the muscatel flavor that I seek, muscatel being a more accurate term. THAT's what I'm looking for.
TJK

Mar 11th, '09, 11:53

by pedantic » Mar 11th, '09, 11:53

It depends on how "green" you are looking for. A more tippy second flush like Darjeeling #2 will still be quite black, but probably less pronounced than the Darjeeling #22. Any of the first/spring flushes, like Darjeeling #2, spring Darjeeling, and the Nepal first flush should be less black than the second flushes. I'm not really sure where the Ooooh Darjeeling would fit in. But the white Darjeeling is probably going to be the lightest of them all.

+ Post Reply