Tea Presses

Let us know if you've found the perfect product for Adagio to sell.

Tea Presses

Postby soapy » Feb 6th, '06, 01:01

Why doesn't Adagio carry them? I bet they'd sell well and great gift packages too, Upselling.....
any thoughts on them good or bad? :wink: :idea:
soapy

Postby PeteVu » Feb 6th, '06, 01:23

I used a bodum tea press a couple times. Personally I didnt like it because when you press the plunger down, it does seperate the tea leaves from the liquid, but the tea leaves arent "pressed" fully and there is water that continues to cook the leaves, and thus renders them no longer good for a second infusion.
PeteVu

Postby rhpot1991 » Feb 6th, '06, 10:34

Tea presses squish the leaves and tend to make bitter tea. I had a lot of problems with this before I got my ingenuiTEA. I honestly cannot recomend that anyone uses a tea press over the ingenuiTEA, it is just so much easier to use and makes far superior tea.

-John
rhpot1991

Postby soapy » Feb 6th, '06, 10:52

Oh I LOVE my ingenuiTEA I use it at least 5 times a day myself but I've seem someone using a tea press and was curious about them and why adagio doesn't carry any...

thanks
soapy

Postby keelyn » Mar 28th, '06, 13:31

I use a french press that doesn't squeeze the leaves. I've had it for a few years now and its been great. The ingenuitea, however, seems like a fine equivalent.

I see it this way: pluses of the press: made of glass instead of plastic. Pluses of the ingenuitea: less tea-on-metal contact. Now if the ingenuitea was made of glass and had a gold-plated filter, that would be amazing!
keelyn

Postby H.M. Murdock » May 3rd, '06, 16:13

I have found that presses make an excellent tea, though I have only had experience with French presses. In particular, French presses make a delightful mint tea, when you take an average press and use two teaspoons of green tea and three spear/peppermint sprigs. Delightful, I say.
Though the main reason I haven't had problems with presses is because I only press down the leaves far enough to keep them from coming out with the tea- don't press the leaves. Contain them. When you've poured the tea out, let it approach a better drinking temperature so that it's more mellow, and use that time to get the leaves out.
Simple as that.
H.M. Murdock

Postby Chip » May 4th, '06, 12:23

When I started drinking loose leaf tea 7 years ago, I was always trying to reinvent the wheel. So I tried to adapt some coffee brewing methods to tea. You have to understand, I knew nothing...but I wanted great tea and then I live in PA Dutch Country...there was no fancy tea apparatus within a couple 100 square miles...let alone good tea.

So I tried Bodum Coffee Presses. At the time they had a tea press that looked just like their beaker style coffee presses, but the plunger does not plunge...hehe...it does not go down. So when you place the top with the plunger on the beaker...it sits there...and when your tea is done, the plunger is just a strainer since you do not push it down.

You must pour all the tea off or it will continue to brew. I actually like the desgn...because we all know we should not squeeze the brewed tea, and I still use it mainly for iced tea since it is a little large for one person.

At the time I also got the plunging kind and...well I see them in the cabinet all the time...just not my cuppa tea, chap.
Chip
Mod/Admin

Postby greylar » May 17th, '06, 21:48

Has anyone used one of these to brew tea?
http://www.liquidplanet.com/estore/...

They are a little expensive so I bought the Adagio but the extra storage in the bottom is a nice touch.

Thanks in advance
-G
greylar

Instant Messenger

Permissions