great looking teaware

Let us know if you've found the perfect product for Adagio to sell.

great looking teaware

Postby PeteVu » Jul 16th, '05, 10:31

http://www.cookscorner.net/Tea/...

what im talking about are the EZ-pot teapots that come in both 17oz and 24 oz varieties. Ive been searching for the 17oz pot for a while and the closest thing i can find is one from the republic of tea, but it is only a mere 6 oz...

http://www.republicoftea.com/templates/...

I cant seem to find this product ANYWHERE and am really dying to have one because it seems PERFECT for me. I know people will suggest to me the ingenuiTEA, but what i dont like about that teapot is that there is no pouring involved. an important part of the experience to me is slowly pouring the tea and letting the vapor rise. It may seem ridiculous to some, but thats the only reason im not buying the ingenuiTEA. I dont like the mikado because you must remove the infuser to stop steeping, and also i worry that i will break the spout. Thanks for all your help in advance.
PeteVu

printing mistake

Postby ilya » Jul 16th, '05, 12:20

PeteVu,

I believe there is a copy mistake on the RofT website. There is no 6oz version of that teapot. I would suggesting contacting them directly and finding out whether it is the 17oz or 24oz model.

I would also suggest looking at our globo teapot. It's much more expensive, but we think it has the characteristics you are looking for.
ilya
Site Admin

Postby PeteVu » Jul 16th, '05, 16:34

good idea. I have sent them an email and am awaiting a reply. The globo teapot seems cool, but its a little too "artsy" for me. I like my teaware to reflect myself and my own style. I cant even remember how many times ive gotten in a discussion over tea, about my tea ware. ^^
PeteVu

Postby teaspoon » Jul 22nd, '05, 12:59

Hmm... I would recommend the IngenuiTEA. Heehee, just kidding...

Seriously, for a low-priced teapot with an infuser you don't have to remove, look for Bodum's tea pot that's got a french press kinda infuser. I've seen it lots of places, and I'm sure you can find it online. The one criticism I have of it is that as I pour, some of the tea runs down the side, though I seem to be the only one of my friends that has that problem. So maybe I'm just weird.
teaspoon

Postby PeteVu » Jul 25th, '05, 11:12

Turns out it actually is 6oz. i got a reply from them just now. (what horribly slow service!)

The one criticism I have of it is that as I pour, some of the tea runs down the side, though I seem to be the only one of my friends that has that problem. So maybe I'm just weird.

omg i have the same problem! i seem to dribble tea with everything, its like a curse or something.
PeteVu

Postby Ron F » Jul 29th, '05, 16:57

The larger EZ Pots can be purchased at www.tea2gather.com .I just received a model 888 and will try it out tonite.

Ron
Ron F

Instant Messenger

Permissions