Lychee tea

Let us know if you've found the perfect product for Adagio to sell.

Should Adagio carry Lychee tea?

Yes
75%
No
6%
Yes, but I wouldn't buy it
20%

Total votes : 51

Postby Ric » Jan 4th, '06, 23:27

jogrebe wrote:Try http://www.indigo-tea.com/ for your Lychee tea needs, I bought a bag from them and enjoyed, although since it was the first Lychee tea I can't really say how good it will be compared to the other ones that you've had before.

Hey there jogrebe,

I like your signature! Cool! 8)

jogrebe wrote:"You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me."
~C. S. Lewis
Ric

Postby Marlene » Jan 5th, '06, 03:46

I purchase my Lychee tea from funaliance.com
Kam's a good guy. I realy like him. I get most of my tea ware from him.
Marlene

Postby vbguy772 » Jan 5th, '06, 07:07

You could also try: http://www.lycheesonline.com/index.cfm

Happy Sipping,

Ron
vbguy772

Postby keelyn » Mar 28th, '06, 13:45

Anyone ever have the lychee jelly candies that came in hard plastic with a foil pull-off top? You kinda had to suck them out of the packaging to eat them. It used to be you could buy them by the barrel in Chinatown, NYC and other places but I think they were "banned" a few years ago. Seems like some people decided that they were a choking hazard (funny, i never choked on them). Anyone know what I'm talking about and where i could maybe find them if they aren't banned?

Oh, and I'm all about a lychee tea. It would be such a good flavor.
keelyn

Lychee Tea

Postby Tea_Me » May 9th, '06, 02:15

www.teance.com has some excellent lychee tea. It makes awesome ice tea and they will even tell you how to cold brew it. It's fabulous!
Tea_Me

Postby Darth Jeeling » May 10th, '06, 00:27

keelyn wrote:Anyone ever have the lychee jelly candies that came in hard plastic with a foil pull-off top? You kinda had to suck them out of the packaging to eat them. It used to be you could buy them by the barrel in Chinatown, NYC and other places but I think they were "banned" a few years ago. Seems like some people decided that they were a choking hazard (funny, i never choked on them). Anyone know what I'm talking about and where i could maybe find them if they aren't banned?

Yeah, I loved those things. But evidently people would suck them out to hard and the jelly would get caught in their throats. They've been banned for a couple years now.

...and could someone tell me what I'm doing wrong with the quoting?

Edit: Never mind, it seems to be working now
Darth Jeeling

Postby keelyn » May 25th, '06, 14:27

If you ask me, anyone who chokes on those things deserve their respective Darwin Awards.
keelyn

Postby ilya » May 25th, '06, 21:36

I had the same obsession with them a few years ago. The last time I had these was 3 years ago in Japan. It doesn't seem that you can buy any in the states these days.
ilya
Site Admin

Postby keelyn » Jun 22nd, '06, 20:46

yah, makes me sad they won't sell the stuff any more. Last time I had it was probably 2002 in NYC's chinatown. I should have bought the 100 pack.

Ilya, you should try to get Adagio to cut the red tape and offer lychee tea so we can start a new lychee obsession!
keelyn

Postby jogrebe » Jun 22nd, '06, 21:51

keelyn wrote:Ilya, you should try to get Adagio to cut the red tape and offer lychee tea so we can start a new lychee obsession!

If you want lychee tea just buy it from somewhere else like http://www.tentea.com/lycheeblacktea.html my current source which is both cheap in price but high quality. And if Adagio comes out with a lychee tea down the road try that to see how it compares and choose the one you like best. No sense in not getting a tea that you want simply because Adagio does not stock it.
jogrebe

Postby Darth Jeeling » Jun 22nd, '06, 22:44

you want I should destroy blashphemer, boss?

No, it makes sense to use different suppliers, but if there's something Adagio should have we can suggest it. That's what this board is for. And the poll came out with promising results.
Darth Jeeling

Postby keelyn » Jun 23rd, '06, 08:51

Sorry Darth, your Jedi Tea Skills are not needed here. Thanks for offering, though.

Of course I've browsed for other teas of this nature, but overall I've found Adagio flavored teas to be the highest in quality and the most sanely priced. I've tried Dragonwater's lychee black, and while it calms the craving, I think the tea could be a tad better. I think I might make it my mission to try a bunch of lychee teas from as many sources as possible, but I'll probably only get to them if i put together a larger order at the same store because i don't want to pay as much for shipping as i do for the tea!

I will keep in mind the TenTea suggestion, however. I just have a feeling that when I invest in a large package from another vendor it will be the same day Adagio unveils their own lychee product!
keelyn

Postby LavenderPekoe » Jun 23rd, '06, 10:18

Try Indigo tea's lychee. That is what got me started on this in the first place.
LavenderPekoe

Postby JamesBeach » Jun 28th, '06, 06:48

Upton has Lychee. Just ordered some, matter of fact.
JamesBeach

Postby LavenderPekoe » May 8th, '07, 21:32

keelyn wrote:Anyone ever have the lychee jelly candies that came in hard plastic with a foil pull-off top? You kinda had to suck them out of the packaging to eat them. It used to be you could buy them by the barrel in Chinatown, NYC and other places but I think they were "banned" a few years ago. Seems like some people decided that they were a choking hazard (funny, i never choked on them). Anyone know what I'm talking about and where i could maybe find them if they aren't banned?

I know this is a supper old post, but if Ilya (or anyone else who was looking for these) is paying attention, I found these candies today. They had a huge thing of them at Cost Plus World Market today. I was so excited I had to come back to this thread. :-)
LavenderPekoe

PreviousNext

Instant Messenger

Permissions