Items I wish Adagio would sell

Let us know if you've found the perfect product for Adagio to sell.

Postby Kai » Feb 1st, '06, 02:49

That said, it'd be nice to see some more non-glass teaware

I'd like to see more Glass Teaware that isn't made for hobbits.

Maybe it's just a limitation of glass, but is it too much to ask for a Large Mug type. The only thing I can think of is the Bodum Corona line, but I'd hate to play that much for such a plain glass mug. But that's exactly what I'm looking for.

While the Clarity cup is nice, I'd like something a little larger with more heft and insulative properties.
Kai

Postby Parelle » Feb 1st, '06, 13:15

mijako10 wrote:I've never understood tea cozies... tea lights and warmers are so much more elegant in my opinion. But that's for another discussion.

...back on topic...
I second selling cast iron tea pots!

I don't mean those awful cloth ones. They are a bit grandmother-ish (is that a term? I suppose it suits). No, I was thiinking of someothing much closer to what teaspoon mentioned: something knit - like these:
http://www.glouster-cottage.com/teacozy.htm
Parelle

Postby teaspoon » Feb 1st, '06, 13:39

Parelle, those are nice! I used to be completely anti-cozy, but I have since discovered the value of something to keep my teapot warm when candles aren't allowed (at my local tea shop here at school, I put my knit hat over my teapot once and it kept the tea hot SO much longer). Have you seen the new Narnia movie? The Beavers' tea cozy is really cute! The tight-fitting knit or crochet ones are really more like teapot sweaters ;)

~tsp
teaspoon

Postby Marlene » Feb 1st, '06, 21:21

Parelle wrote:I don't mean those awful cloth ones. They are a bit grandmother-ish (is that a term? I suppose it suits).

Check out my cloth tea cozy! No grandma cloth cozy here! It all depends on the fabric you use.
http://teaposur.blogspot.com/2005/10/...
parelle wrote: No, I was thiinking of someothing much closer to what teaspoon mentioned: something knit - like these:
http://www.glouster-cottage.com/teacozy.htm

<3 Parellle, realy I do, but those are croched. Big difference. At least for me (I knit and crochet. I'm kinda someone who insists on accuracy, but not necissaraly good spelling). To put it simply, knitting involves 2 sticks, crochet, only one (hook). :)
Marlene

Postby mijako10 » Feb 1st, '06, 21:50

Those ARE nice! ... Even though I'm not into crochet much I can see how they can be sleek. Maybe something more like a leather jacket for your teapot. Heh heh... ^_^''
mijako10

Postby Parelle » Feb 1st, '06, 22:46

Marlene wrote:<3 Parellle, realy I do, but those are croched. Big difference. At least for me (I knit and crochet. I'm kinda someone who insists on accuracy, but not necissaraly good spelling). To put it simply, knitting involves 2 sticks, crochet, only one (hook). :)

I understand the want for accuracy :) Sorry about the mistake!
Parelle

Postby librarianpirate » Feb 1st, '06, 23:02

Parelle wrote:
Marlene wrote:<3 Parellle, realy I do, but those are croched. Big difference. At least for me (I knit and crochet. I'm kinda someone who insists on accuracy, but not necissaraly good spelling). To put it simply, knitting involves 2 sticks, crochet, only one (hook). :)

I understand the want for accuracy :) Sorry about the mistake!

Marlene forgot the most important difference between Knitting and Crochetting. One who knits is a Knitter (because of the ... well ... knitting involved). One who crochets is a Hooker (because of the ... well ... hook involved).

I say this as a proud Hooker, who absolutely loves crochetting, but even more prefers making fun of herself.
librarianpirate

Postby teaspoon » Feb 2nd, '06, 00:39

Whoa nice catch, Marlene! I'm usually on the warpath about the difference. Alas, having just learned to knit, I'm going soft... *cries*

If anybody's interested, I could post the pattern for the one I just crocheted to fit the personaliTEA pot. Dunno why I didn't think of it before.

SO nice to see a healthy hooker community on this board. There are too few of us. And besides, the peer pressure will keep me from turning entirely to the dark side. ;)

~tsp
teaspoon

Postby TeaFanatic » Feb 2nd, '06, 01:04

I too would like to see more teaware. I don't know if many of you drink 6 oz, 7 oz, or 8 oz cups, but that is way too small for me. I like a good 16-18 oz cup that will work with my ingenuitea. I would love to have a glass one, but currently, there are no glassware tea cups that adagio sells that are larger than 14 oz.

Other than that, I am not that picky. I could always use some more tea types to choose from, but the current ones are great.
TeaFanatic

Postby soapy » Feb 6th, '06, 09:50

teaspoon wrote:Whoa nice catch, Marlene! I'm usually on the warpath about the difference. Alas, having just learned to knit, I'm going soft... *cries*

If anybody's interested, I could post the pattern for the one I just crocheted to fit the personaliTEA pot. Dunno why I didn't think of it before.

SO nice to see a healthy hooker community on this board. There are too few of us. And besides, the peer pressure will keep me from turning entirely to the dark side. ;)

~tsp

I'd love to see a picture of your cozy :) I pm'd you
soapy

Postby teamuse » Feb 6th, '06, 13:45

another happy hooker reporting in!

I so need to try some tea cozy items....hummmmm
teamuse

Postby teaspoon » Feb 6th, '06, 16:01

Ok, it's by no means perfect but here we go... pictures of my tea cozy prototype!

The hole for the spout is not great, I need to re-work that, but overall I think not bad for something I just freehanded on a whim one day. I don't know how well it works to keep the pot warm because I haven't tried it yet, but I figure it's gotta be better than nothing. At least it livens up the plain white pot. (Not that there's anything wrong with a plain white teapot.)

Oh btw the top has a hole that fits down onto the lid handle like a buttonhole. That's why it dips down like that.

I've got some more experimenting I want to do, but I'm a little bogged down with homework at the moment, and haven't the chance to get to a fabric or yarn shop. Yet.

~tsp
teaspoon

Postby klemptor » Feb 6th, '06, 16:36

I forsee scads of requests from TeaChatters for one of their very own. ;) Great job!
klemptor

Postby vbguy772 » Feb 6th, '06, 17:04

teaspoon, you'll be rich someday. I can just see it now ! Teaspoons Cozies - on the internet, in all the tea shops and stores. We'll all be able to say we "knew you when...." Great job !
vbguy772

Postby teamuse » Feb 6th, '06, 18:01

teaspoon!!!

what a lovely tea cozy! i wish i had the motivation to do such a work from freehand. even if you don't use it to keep the tea warm, it make a wonderful way to liven up the tea pot!!

has anyone made one for any of the jenear pots or would a standard pot design work? (i've only the glass ones and i have never seen a tea cozy up close)
teamuse

PreviousNext

Instant Messenger

Permissions