Electric dispensing pots

Let us know if you've found the perfect product for Adagio to sell.

Electric dispensing pots

Postby mcgroarty » Jan 15th, '06, 00:37

Adagio should really consider carrying electric dispensing pots. They keep water heated at a choice of temperatures, and water can be brought to boiling in just a minute by pressing a button.

Looking around on Amazon, it looks like a good many companies make these, but mine are from Zojirushi:

http://www.zojirushi.com/elepots.html

The 16oz IngenuiTEA fits perfectly under the 2.2 liter model I have at home, and the 32oz IngenuiTEA fits perfectly under the 4 liter model I have at work. I always use distilled water because it makes good tea and I never have to clean the dispenser.
mcgroarty

Postby TeaFanatic » Jan 18th, '06, 00:35

Could you rate your electric pot from Zojirushi? I've been looking into buying one, but before I invest the $130, I want to make sure it works like it says and that it will last for a long time. Let me know your opinions.
TeaFanatic

Postby mcgroarty » Jan 18th, '06, 00:46

I've had the 2.2l for almost a year. It's been problem-free. Again, I use nothing but distilled water (gallon jugs are a buck apiece at the grocery) so I don't have to clean it. The instructions talk about how to do descaling if you use tap water, and it sounds like a real nuissance.

I like how quickly the 2.2l can raise to different temperatures. The 4l is much slower, taking 4-5 minutes to take water up to boiling from standing by at 175 degrees.

Both sizes give off a little heat, and the outside stays warm but not hot. I didn't see any real jump in electricity usage with the home one, so I'm assuming the insulation is good.

I'm not sure what to add, other than the fact that both my pots are silent, don't leak, and basically do exactly what you'd expect them to. :)
mcgroarty

Postby TeaFanatic » Jan 18th, '06, 01:09

Sounds great...now I just have to find the money.
TeaFanatic

Postby Lori » Jan 20th, '06, 00:52

Amazon has the 3.0 liter for $135 with $25 off for a net of $110.

Not a huge savings, but it's something. :)

The $25 off is good through the end of the month. The $135 seems to be their regular price.

The code for the discount is JANCLEAR.
Lori

Zojirushi Water Electric Dispenser

Postby BayouPointe » Jan 20th, '06, 18:36

I read your review of the Zojirushi and found the new 5 liter black model on the web for $122. I am looking forward to giving it a try. m It makes sense to have the water ready all day. Doesn't it take about 20 minutes when it's first filled for the day?

I probably don't need a 5 liter model but I wanted black so I ordered the new one.

I'm new to tea although in the past two weeks have placed three large orders with Adagio and tea is starting to take over my kitchen.

I also found some small magnets at the craft store and stick them on the sides of the 2 oz. tins so they will stack.

Thanks for the Zo recommendation!

Cynthia
BayouPointe

Postby mcgroarty » Jan 21st, '06, 00:29

The magnet idea is clever. Thanks, Cynthia. I think I'll put some on the lids, so I can hang a bunch in a row under my monitor - it's got a metal frame, so they should stick just fine. And by putting the magnets on the lids, I can reuse them with different tins.

You can leave water in the pot all the time. No worries about filling it in the morning and waiting for it to heat. If you're energy conscious, both of the models I have include a button that lets you put it to sleep for up to 7 hours. You can use that if yours has it too.

A 5l model should be nice. You could dump in a new gallon jug of distilled water every time you see it get down to about 1 liter left, and it would all fit. With my 4l, I have to wait until it gets really low, or I can't add the whole gallon.
mcgroarty

Postby librarianpirate » Jan 21st, '06, 02:42

I've never heard of these electronic water dispensers, but they seem so awesome! Can you choose the water temperature? If you're making a green or white tea and want a cooler temperature, can that be done?
librarianpirate

Postby mcgroarty » Jan 21st, '06, 03:26

Both of mine have three different temperature settings, as well as a reboil button and a digital temperature gauge. If I'm planning a certain type of tea, I'll set the nearest temperature ahead of time so it's ready. If I'm having tea on the spur of the moment, I hit the reboil button and as the temperature climbs up toward 212, I dispense the water when it's passing the temperature I want. This only takes 30 seconds if I already have the sitting temperature at 175 and the pot's not full.
mcgroarty

Postby librarianpirate » Jan 21st, '06, 03:36

so cool! Thank you.
librarianpirate

Postby Kai » Jan 26th, '06, 22:43

That electric water dispenser sounds awesome.... now to just convince the wife.

Also, I *HIGHLY* recommend that you do NOT place magnets near your monitor or computer. Maybe I'm just being overly paranoid, but in general, they can do bad things to your Hard Drive, floppy disks and CRT monitors.

FYI.
Kai

Postby TeaFanatic » Jan 27th, '06, 01:41

I really want one of these water heaters. At the same time, I am eagerly awaiting the new version of the trinitea. Is it worth the wait? I think so...
TeaFanatic

Zojirushi Hot Water Dispenser

Postby Cynthia » Jan 28th, '06, 18:24

I love it! I started using it as soon as it arrived and don't know why it took me so long to decide to buy one.

I bought the 5 liter Zo in black to work with my kitchen. It has three temperature settings and a timer so it can be set the evening before and your water is at the perfect temperature in the morning.

I have other Zo appliances: rice cooker, bread maker and two of their airpots; and I really believe from years of experience with both, that Zo is the best. If you need an appliance that Zo makes, buy it because you just can't go wrong.

I really like being able to brew a cup of tea of eliminating the first step of getting the water to the right temperature.

Cynthia
Cynthia

Postby TeaFanatic » Jan 29th, '06, 23:41

One last questions about these electric dispensing pots. Is the interior coated with Teflon? Some people think that this is a danger to human health and some disagree. I haven't decided my opinion on the topic, though it seems as though water does not get to high enough temperatures to cause any problems, but I just want to know if there is Teflon and if you think that it is a problem.

Thanks.
TeaFanatic

Zojirushi Electric dispensing pots

Postby Cynthia » Jan 30th, '06, 14:00

No, the interior is not teflon. It is a very dense plastic material of some sort.

I was concerned about the teflon too and didn't know how long it would take to start peeling off.

It is such a convenience. I've found I'm using it much more than I thought....I can quickly concass tomatoes or peel peaches and like to pour very hot water over my silver after I've washed it since I don't put it in the dishwasher.

If you get one, keep us posted - I'd like to know what others think about it.

As I said before, I just love mine!

Cynthia
Cynthia

Next

Instant Messenger

Permissions