Dec 16th, '09, 21:44

Don't you wish you could drink tea at night?

by beachape » Dec 16th, '09, 21:44

After reading a bunch of posts I got to thinking that I really wanted some tea. But if I drink tea now I won't fall asleep. :(
Sadly decaffeinated tea just doesn't get me as excited. I guess I'll have to wait till tomorrow.

Dec 16th, '09, 21:52
Scrolling: scrolling

Re: Don't you wish you could drink tea at night?

by bsteele » Dec 16th, '09, 21:52

Thankfully I seem to be able to drink tea at night :)

Dec 16th, '09, 22:02

by Victoria » Dec 16th, '09, 22:02

Ohhhhhhhhhh you have no idea how badly I wish that!!!!
Well, ok, maybe you do. :)
I have to stop at around 3:00 PM, 4:00 PM at the latest.

Dec 16th, '09, 22:04

by Ebtoulson » Dec 16th, '09, 22:04

Wow...I actually drink tea right before bed. No effect at all.

Dec 16th, '09, 22:04

by bsteele » Dec 16th, '09, 22:04

I guess I should also add that I often stay up to 1am... :lol:

Dec 16th, '09, 22:08
Vendor Member

by gingkoseto » Dec 16th, '09, 22:08

I know exactly what you mean! I have been bad recently and drink tea at night, then I go to bed very late. My new year resolution for 3 consecutive years is going to bed early and get up early. I will try to cut off tea after 5pm. :shock: It's so hard especially when a new international tea package arrives and there are several new teas calling you in their packs :mrgreen:

Dec 16th, '09, 22:11

by tea fish » Dec 16th, '09, 22:11

I'm super envious of people who can drink tea before bed. I'm like Victoria: no tea after 4 pm for me. If anybody knows of an interesting decaf or herbal tea for someone with a pronounced oolong bias, let me know. I'm wondering if there might be a satisfying rooibos tea somewhere in the world--not as exciting as oolong, but still ok in its way. Occasionally people speak fondly of rooibos and I think: maybe I got to get me some of that!

Dec 16th, '09, 22:37

by subdude1 » Dec 16th, '09, 22:37

bsteele wrote:Thankfully I seem to be able to drink tea at night :)
Ditto. Most of my "serious" tea drinking takes place at night, usually between 10pm and 2 am. Of course, that's the time I get home from work. Luckily, I rarely have trouble falling asleep even after many cups of tea.

Dec 16th, '09, 22:39

by beachape » Dec 16th, '09, 22:39

If you can drink tea right before you sleep can you still get the caffeine wake-up during the day? Or is it all lost?

I find that right after I drink a cup of tea I get sleepy. Probably all the warmth and relaxation. However about one hour later I'm all energy...well for a while at least... :) So sometimes I'll take a nap right after I drink a cup. But wouldn't work before bed :(

Dec 16th, '09, 22:50

by Ebtoulson » Dec 16th, '09, 22:50

dsteel wrote:I guess I should also add that I often stay up to 1am... :lol:
haha a woot addict? If only we didnt live in GA we wouldnt have to stay up as late :P
beachape wrote:If you can drink tea right before you sleep can you still get the caffeine wake-up during the day? Or is it all lost?

I find that right after I drink a cup of tea I get sleepy. Probably all the warmth and relaxation. However about one hour later I'm all energy...well for a while at least... :) So sometimes I'll take a nap right after I drink a cup. But wouldn't work before bed :(
hmm yea I never really notice a caffeine boost after drinking, however my concentration is improved. Like yourself, tea actually relaxes me.

Dec 16th, '09, 23:09

by bsteele » Dec 16th, '09, 23:09

Ebtoulson wrote:
bsteele wrote:I guess I should also add that I often stay up to 1am... :lol:
haha a woot addict? If only we didnt live in GA we wouldnt have to stay up as late :P
:shock:

How'd you know??

Dec 16th, '09, 23:32

by Ebtoulson » Dec 16th, '09, 23:32

psychic..jk
I remembered looking at your blog about melting ice to cold brew tea a while back and noticed your BoC video. The 1am just reminded me of that because I normally don't sleep till after I check woot.

Dec 16th, '09, 23:39

by kymidwife » Dec 16th, '09, 23:39

I think tea sorta helps me wake up in the morning, but it doesn't seem to keep me up at night anymore. When I first started seriously drinking tea, it kept me awake sometimes if I drank it late... and now, if I have no tea for a few days when traveling or something, I feel a much stronger effect for a few days when I resume my usual habits. But in general, I have my last tea of the night around 11pm. And I sleep like a log. :D

Sarah

Dec 16th, '09, 23:46

by bsteele » Dec 16th, '09, 23:46

Ebtoulson wrote:psychic..jk
I remembered looking at your blog about melting ice to cold brew tea a while back and noticed your BoC video. The 1am just reminded me of that because I normally don't sleep till after I check woot.
Haha, yeah the Woot thing has gotten pretty bad... probably more so in the last couple month's. Just the other day I made myself look at all my Paypal transactions to see exactly how much I've spent...

:oops:

It's just SO EASY to buy crap when all I have to do is enter my password and click a big gold button.

Dec 17th, '09, 08:36

by TeaSupplies » Dec 17th, '09, 08:36

I have no trouble drinking tea before going to bed at all! I find it interesting how caffeine effects people in different ways. I've even been known to be able to drink black coffee beofre bed and been ok sleeping :?:

But I find decaffeinated tea bags taste the same as normal tea bags...has anyone found a good brand of loose leaf decaf tea?

Rose

+ Post Reply