Jun 24th, '10, 13:55

Re: Fluoride in tea

by teaisme » Jun 24th, '10, 13:55

Entropye... wrote:the worst thing is that we´re all being medicated against our will with fluoride...bottled water is expensive...what choice do most of us have but to drink the stuff?
Yeah I here you, they jumped on flouride way too quick figuring "hey it works topically, so lets just ingest it too!". You can use a fluoride filter, not toooo expensive.

Jun 24th, '10, 16:48

Re: Re:

by nonc_ron » Jun 24th, '10, 16:48

entropyembrace wrote:a worst possible case----------------------
4g of fluoride can be lethal to an adult...4g of water is harmless...
Fluoride is more toxic than lead...
Man up :lol: The worlds going to end in 2012 anyway. :D
Eskimo woman can't breast feed their baby's because their milk is too high in mercury. Now how serious is that.

Jun 24th, '10, 18:23

Re: Re:

by entropyembrace » Jun 24th, '10, 18:23

nonc_ron wrote:
entropyembrace wrote:a worst possible case----------------------
4g of fluoride can be lethal to an adult...4g of water is harmless...
Fluoride is more toxic than lead...
Man up :lol: The worlds going to end in 2012 anyway. :D
Eskimo woman can't breast feed their baby's because their milk is too high in mercury. Now how serious is that.
yeah, maybe we will succede in poisoning ourselves to death by 2012 :? :roll:

Jun 24th, '10, 23:11
Scrolling: scrolling

by silverneedles » Jun 24th, '10, 23:11

1992 census found that, for U.S. public water supply systems reporting the type of compound used, 63% of the population received water fluoridated with fluorosilicic acid, 28% with sodium fluorosilicate, and 9% with sodium fluoride

people youre all cought up in the fluoride business, but don't you know about the bird? ???
bird bird bird
B-b-b-bird

FLUOROSILIC ACID

Hexafluorosilicic acid is the chemical compound with the formula H2SiF6. Hexafluorosilicic acid refers to an equilibrium mixture with hexafluorosilicate anion (SiF62−) in an aqueous solution or other solvents that contain strong proton donors[1] at low pH.

Melting point ca. 19 °C !!! an acid is melted in our water

lets MSDS everything because its so relevant :::

Toxicology

Corrosive - causes burns. Harmful by ingestion, inhalation and through skin contact. May be fatal if swallowed. May cause serious eye damage.

:? :cry: we need Personal protection when drinking the water from our government:

"Safety glasses, adequate ventilation."

I'd add GLOVES when drinking water since H2SiF6 is corrosive
plus lets buy a plot since it is fatal if swallowed.

omg H2SiF6 !!! :shock: :shock: :shock: the goverments of our usa with the usda and fda fatcats are poisoning our waters with the melted acids (based on 1992 census data and MSDS of external source http://msds.chem.ox.ac.uk/DI/dihydrogen ... icate.html )OMGs !!!! ... but can you really trust the UK now because you know they have one against us since they didnt quite win the soccer game

:roll:

Jun 25th, '10, 10:50

by Corona » Jun 25th, '10, 10:50

I'll say I'm happy to have well water after reading this..

Jun 25th, '10, 11:05

by Chip » Jun 25th, '10, 11:05

Corona wrote:I'll say I'm happy to have well water after reading this..
Likewise ...

Jun 25th, '10, 14:59

by entropyembrace » Jun 25th, '10, 14:59

Silverneedles, the point of the MSDS is to establish that fluoride toxicity is comparable to that of heavy metals...obviously they refer to nearly pure forms of the substances in question and disolving 1mg of a fluoride salt or acid into 1 L of water isn´t going to be nearly as toxic as consuming the pure fluoride compound. The same goes for any other toxic substance such as lead, arsenic, mercury ect.

Jun 25th, '10, 15:09

by bearsbearsbears » Jun 25th, '10, 15:09

entropyembrace wrote:Silverneedles, the point of the MSDS is to establish that fluoride toxicity is comparable to that of heavy metals...obviously they refer to nearly pure forms of the substances in question and disolving 1mg of a fluoride salt or acid into 1 L of water isn´t going to be nearly as toxic as consuming the pure fluoride compound. The same goes for any other toxic substance such as lead, arsenic, mercury ect.
+1

Jun 25th, '10, 15:18

by entropyembrace » Jun 25th, '10, 15:18

Chip wrote:
Corona wrote:I'll say I'm happy to have well water after reading this..
Likewise ...
I really like my grandparents well water...it´s the best water for tea I´ve tried :)

Jun 25th, '10, 21:35

by brose » Jun 25th, '10, 21:35

There needs to be fluoridated water until regular dental care is available for all in said area. Without fluoride those with bad dental hygiene and unable to pay for dental care are the ones that are hurt the most, this is just worsened by those that use fluoride free toothpaste. Ask any dental professional that has experience in the areas with and without fluoridated water. Hopefully real public healthcare will be available in the US soon solving the problem.

Jun 25th, '10, 22:02

by entropyembrace » Jun 25th, '10, 22:02

We could put prozac and antibiotics in the water too, cover a few more bases. :roll:

Seriously...mass medicing everyone is a bad idea. Especially since it´s something best used topically on the teeth and then spit out so most of it doesn´t enter your system...

Jun 25th, '10, 22:52

by Chip » Jun 25th, '10, 22:52

... but we digress! I know, let's talk about flouride in tea! :idea: :mrgreen:

Jun 26th, '10, 15:18

Re:

by silverneedles » Jun 26th, '10, 15:18

brose wrote:There needs to be fluoridated water until regular dental care is available for all in said area. Without fluoride those with bad dental hygiene and unable to pay for dental care are the ones that are hurt the most, this is just worsened by those that use fluoride free toothpaste. Ask any dental professional that has experience in the areas with and without fluoridated water. Hopefully real public healthcare will be available in the US soon solving the problem.
rationalizing and science doesnt work on most internet forums
you can throw einstein and double blind studies, the response will be conspiracies, money, special interest, politics, manipulation of data.

Talking about how my grandma cures aids with soup made of red dog teeth mixed with silliformis rogutifica is better received.

Jun 27th, '10, 00:40

by entropyembrace » Jun 27th, '10, 00:40

Chesslover wrote:Thank you entropyembrace...that's what I was talking about...
YW :)

Anyway I think the fluoride levels in tea aren´t too much of a worry, like I said it´s just what the tea shrubs are pulling out of the soil so the levels should be low compared to fluoridated water. If it´s a concern for you the main thing would be to watch how much fluoride is in the water you brew the tea with.

Jul 7th, '10, 10:44

by rayFrev » Jul 7th, '10, 10:44

out pops mister paranoia, thanks... now i have to buy bottled water to drink my tea from now on like everybody else i assume? I've been using a stupid Brita filter and apparently it leaves a nice full dose of death chemicals for me to imbibe, my brain is probably half melted into goo. And i just thought i was a naturally quirky individual, it's all been but a farce, it's the water :| :cry: