Apr 5th, '11, 01:58
Vendor Member

Okusuripanchi, device for pressing out pills and capsules.

by Xell » Apr 5th, '11, 01:58

This is not mine, but person who created this helped out me greatly. I thought i can share his story here and who knows, may be for someone it will be useful or interesting.

Actually he is owner of a local tea shop, this idea came to him since his mother is old and has to drink a lot of medicine each day. With her fingers it's difficult to press out pills and capsules. Also there are many people like his mother in Japan. First he tried to make something from wood, after many tries and drawings he got what he wanted. After this he wanted to make it from plastic. I didn't even realize how expensive it is, to prepare custom pressing forms and how much need to invest, to get ready product. He still did it. But letters of thanks he is receiving from people who started to use this are well worth those risks he took.

Here are some photos:

Apr 5th, '11, 12:06

Re: Okusuripanchi, device for pressing out pills and capsules.

by tortoise » Apr 5th, '11, 12:06

All he needs now is a patent and some marketing and he'll be receiving a lot more than thank you letters.

$$$$$

Apr 5th, '11, 12:37

by Chasm » Apr 5th, '11, 12:37

Is he taking orders?

Apr 6th, '11, 08:20
Vendor Member

by Xell » Apr 6th, '11, 08:20

Chasm wrote:Is he taking orders?
Yes, he is doing this, hes trying to get at least part of what he spent :) But kind of difficult for him, since he is now in a dilemma. He can't take much profit from sick people, not his character :D

Apr 6th, '11, 10:03

by tortoise » Apr 6th, '11, 10:03

Xell wrote:
Chasm wrote:Is he taking orders?
Yes, he is doing this, hes trying to get at least part of what he spent :) But kind of difficult for him, since he is now in a dilemma. He can't take much profit from sick people, not his character :D
He doesn't need to feel like he's bilking sick people. I think folks who have need of that would gladly pay 6-12 USD for it and not feel strained in the slightest. It's the volume of sales that would make him a little money.

It's not like he's big pharma, just a smart and resourceful guy who made the world a little easier for some people. It would be a shame to not make his investment in it's development back -- at least.

You should reassure your friend that he's not even approaching the degree of evil that drives the pharmaceutical industry. If he doesn't patent his invention, some manufacturer will notice it, steal it, and he can throw his high values about profiting from the sick right out the window because they will mass produce it and he'll loose every speck of market share. At least, that's how it would work in America ;)

Apr 6th, '11, 10:15

by Chasm » Apr 6th, '11, 10:15

Xell wrote: He can't take much profit from sick people, not his character :D
But he's saving them money on painkillers for their hands. Tell him that, because it is very much the case.

Oct 14th, '11, 06:06
Vendor Member

by Xell » Oct 14th, '11, 06:06

He appeared recently on one TV show on NHK and got many orders now, really busy. So now it's sure more than simple "thank you" letters, though now there is even more letters ;)

If someone doesn't know NHK is one of biggest TV channels in Japan.

+ Post Reply