Your avie ...

Completely off the Topic of Tea

Your avie ...

Postby Chip » Aug 23rd, '11, 20:37

Tell us about your avatar, update as you change avatars. Insert a photo for posterity in the event you change avatars.
Chip
Mod/Admin

Re: Your avie ...

Postby Chip » Aug 23rd, '11, 20:39

I have a new avatar today. This is my road bike. I was riding along at around 20 mph, and for some reason I got out my phone, reached down and snapped a photo of my French front wheel (that was made in China), Japanese brake , and Taiwanese Giant carbon fiber bike frame. Sort of a TeaBike.

The result was accidentally cool as the wheel framed my shadow.

This is the road rage victim bike that was repeatedly "rammed" a few weeks ago in a road rage incident.

I found out today, that the attacker has retained a lawyer and will not talk to his insurance company regarding the incident. His lawyer told the adjuster the insurance claim will just have to wait until the criminal case is completed.

So, the incident continues, this bike is totalled, and I am saddened at the loss of a friend.

The original phone photo ...
Chip
Mod/Admin

Postby gingkoseto » Aug 24th, '11, 07:30

What?! Did you have a bike accident? Are you ok? Is your local bicycle organization involved in your case? Maybe they can help?

That's why every city should have a bicycle march event, if not for anything else, just to promote the awareness and educate self-entitled car drivers. I attend the Toronto bicycle march whenever there is one during my stay.

My avatar is from one of my favorite but never used daruma kyusu. It's a traditional Japanese saying, falling down 7 times and standing up 8 times - that is life. I love the line and love daruma theme tea ware. It's kind of my motto too. But I don't hope the falling down happens on a bicycle. I did fall off my bike once and I did stand up... But I hope it will never happen for a second time :shock:
gingkoseto
Vendor Member

Postby AdamMY » Aug 24th, '11, 11:44

My avatar is a decent though not great picture of me. My mother snapped it while I was having tea one day at my parents house.
AdamMY

Postby Herb_Master » Aug 24th, '11, 17:05

Taken in the Cameron Highlands in Malaysian Tea Plantations.

Wearing a Tourist Purchase, English Colonial Tea Planters Hat.

Edited - I have just changed my Avatar

It now shows me next to the throne in Jing Dian Teashop

sharing the tea making with L M Chong famous Malaysian Tea Roaster

brewing some mother tree Shui Jin Gui - she had purchased the Mao Cha and given it 2 roasting sessions of High Fired Bamboo Charcoal Steaming

1st Session 8 Hours
2nd Session 14 Hours
Herb_Master

Postby ChinesePottery » Aug 24th, '11, 20:28

avatar.jpg (90.25 KiB) Viewed 2059 times

Me picking wild tea about 10km West of Dingshan
ChinesePottery

Postby Chip » Aug 26th, '11, 00:06

gingkoseto wrote:What?! Did you have a bike accident? Are you ok? Is your local bicycle organization involved in your case? Maybe they can help?

THANKS!

Unfortunately there was nothing accidental about it. :evil: This was pure road rage against bicyclists ... well against me and my beautiful road bike.

Yes, several organizations are involved. I will be posting a topic about it soon, chronicling the events as well as the judicial process. So, be on the look out for it.

I even created my first ever blog, though it is not up yet. (this is a learning process ... :oops: )
Chip
Mod/Admin

Postby debunix » Aug 26th, '11, 01:08

My avatar has changed several times, because I'm looking for a photo that 'reads' well at very small square size, is interesting as a photo, and is clearly about tea. I'm quite pleased with the present version.
debunix

Postby BioHorn » Aug 26th, '11, 23:41

My avatar appears to have cause consternation in some TC members.
Please know it pays homage to dear Mr. Sleeves, now apparently banished from YouTube.

Mr. Sleeves imparted to a select few (who saw the video) the precious art of real Chinese Cha Dao.

For more information, MarshalN commented on this work of art here:
http://tinyurl.com/mrsleeves

p.s. If anyone finds a new link for that video, please post!
BioHorn

Postby fdrx » Aug 27th, '11, 00:03

http://bit.ly/nwmJMk
http://bit.ly/oykG9G
fdrx

Postby BioHorn » Aug 27th, '11, 01:23

fdrx wrote:

http://bit.ly/nwmJMk
http://bit.ly/oykG9G

Thanks!
BioHorn

Postby Drax » Aug 29th, '11, 12:58

Haha, I still remember that video and those bright cerulean sleeves.

In fact, if I remember correctly, you briefly had an avatar that focused on the sleeves before shifting to this altered version... :D
Drax

Postby sherubtse » Aug 29th, '11, 14:18

Chip wrote:I even created my first ever blog, though it is not up yet. (this is a learning process ... :oops: )

You will be blogging about tea, I presume .... I'd love to read it when you have it ready. Hope you will let us know. :mrgreen:

Best wishes,
sherubtse
sherubtse

Postby Chip » Aug 29th, '11, 15:05

sherubtse wrote:
Chip wrote:I even created my first ever blog, though it is not up yet. (this is a learning process ... :oops: )

You will be blogging about tea, I presume .... I'd love to read it when you have it ready. Hope you will let us know. :mrgreen:

Best wishes,
sherubtse

Well, that is long overdue :mrgreen: ... but this one will be a bicyclist's journey through this process. On the day of the "incident," it occurred to me that while I "rolled out" as simply a bicyclist, at around 5 pm, I became an activist and will not only be defending my rights but the rights of other bicyclists.

I am extremely anxious (aka NERVOUS) today. The prelim hearing on this guy's criminal charges is tomorrow (Tuesday) at 10 am Eastern USA time ... or whenever they actually get to the case. Although I am a live and let live kinda guy, I feel compelled to proceed, especially due to the severity of the crimes. I have to do this for all bicyclists.
Chip
Mod/Admin

Postby sherubtse » Aug 29th, '11, 18:32

Best of luck with the proceedings, Chip! And hope you get to that tea blog sooner rather than later. :mrgreen:

Best wishes,
sherubtse
sherubtse

Next

Instant Messenger

Permissions