Humble Teapologies ...

Completely off the Topic of Tea

Humble Teapologies ...

Postby Chip » Dec 6th, '11, 01:51

I feel a bit compelled to ... apologize to you all for being more than a bit distracted lately. As most of you already know, my father passed away not too long ago. And then this road rage incident (where I was the "victim") has been a huge distraction for me.

Hopefully today, a new chapter begins ... hopefully the final hearing will take place at around 9:30 am Eastern USA time. Through this process, the charges against the "defendant" have escalated to finally meet the severity of the crime.

However, this truly has affected me. It is odd, I knew I was affected, but I did not realize it ... if that makes any sense. I guess being repeatedly threatened with being run over and being rammed repeatedly (lost count at 7) while standing toe to bumper/grill with a 6000+ pound super heavy duty pickup truck has caused me ... severe anxiety.

TBH, TeaChat and discussing tea suddenly fell off the map so to speak. I think I can say the events have altered or changed my life.

Today hopefully I can close this chapter of the saga ... instead of constantly being asked to look backwards to the whole series of events.

And again I can look forward to TeaChat and discussing all things tea with my TeaFriends.

Ironically ... a few days ago I received a very positive (nonrelated to this incident, and very tea related) great, stupendous, exciting, awesome ... news that may also prove to be life altering.
Chip
Mod/Admin

Re: Humble Teapologies ...

Postby Dresden » Dec 6th, '11, 02:11

You have nothing to apologize for, chip...

Life comes at us full bore and does not take our plans into consideration. We, as humans, can get hung up on things and analyze them for an eternity, but this behavior will only make us miserable and life will pass us by in the process. All you can do is coat yourself with the Teflon that is your family and loved ones and let the garbage roll off of your back, my friend.

I don't know the particulars of your situation, but it seems as if the initial shock of it is wearing off. I am confident that you will make it through just fine. In the mean time, do not hesitate to ask for help if you need it. We're here for you, bro.

All the best,
Mike
Dresden

Postby Poohblah » Dec 6th, '11, 03:27

+1 to the wise words of Dresden.
Chip wrote:Ironically ... a few days ago I received a very positive (nonrelated to this incident, and very tea related) great, stupendous, exciting, awesome ... news that may also prove to be life altering.
You're pregnant with a teababy?!?!
Poohblah

Postby Drax » Dec 6th, '11, 07:43

All the best for today, Chip!

Can't wait to hear (hopefully good news) on both fronts...!
Drax

Postby sherubtse » Dec 6th, '11, 07:50

Dresden wrote:You have nothing to apologize for, chip...

Life comes at us full bore and does not take our plans into consideration. We, as humans, can get hung up on things and analyze them for an eternity, but this behavior will only make us miserable and life will pass us by in the process. All you can do is coat yourself with the Teflon that is your family and loved ones and let the garbage roll off of your back, my friend.

I don't know the particulars of your situation, but it seems as if the initial shock of it is wearing off. I am confident that you will make it through just fine. In the mean time, do not hesitate to ask for help if you need it. We're here for you, bro.

All the best,
Mike

+1 for sure, Chip. :mrgreen:

Best wishes,
sherubtse
sherubtse

Postby JBaymore » Dec 6th, '11, 10:41

Yet one more +1, Chip.

Been thru a similar situation in the past...... it was an huge weight removed when the legal resolution finally arrived. But the whole process itself was an amazing and difficult education in the nature of the US legal system.

NO apologies are needed in any way.

best,

...........john
JBaymore
TeawareArtisan Member

Postby Chip » Dec 6th, '11, 13:05

Thank you kindly, everyone ... and no I am not pregnant! :lol:

Well, the wheels of justice ground to a halt. Everyone showed up for the hearing that was literally scheduled months ago. The judge, Assistant DA, the defendant, his attorney, etc. I was not required to show and decided to do myself a favor and not go at the last minute. A bicycling advocate for PA went in my stead.

So, the advocate was watching the goings on. Judge in, judge out, people milling around. This is going on for a few hours. The defendant leaves the courtroom. After a while the assistant DA sits next to the advocate and tells him that the judge has "recused himself" because he knows the defendant's lawyer.

omg, couldn't this have been done before??? Surely the defendant's lawyer would try and save his client time and money by reporting this more than 2 months ago when everything was scheduled.

I mean this is a small county, relatively speaking, surely these two seemingly intelligent could have said something months ago. Nobody would have had to show up, the taxpayers and the defendant would have been spared great expense and time. They could have rescheduled this way back when.

As it is, it was rescheduled today for January 12th ...

If I was the defendant, I would fire his lawyer and refuse to pay him for today's court date.
Chip
Mod/Admin

Postby Drax » Dec 6th, '11, 13:44

*Groan*.... I'm just sorry to hear that it's going to drag out for another month!

Maybe we'll get to hear about the good news before then...? :D

And maybe there will be a Hagi SO to push all that wonderfulness over into the realm of unbelievable bliss???? :D :D :D
Drax

Postby Stentor » Dec 6th, '11, 17:03

No need to apologize. I'm sure that everybody here appreciates all the work you put into this community very much. You have every right to take time off from running the show here when you need to.

I hope that everything will turn out for the best.
Be strong and think of that good thing that is coming your way!
Stentor

Postby SlientSipper » Dec 7th, '11, 00:30

Like everyone else here. You have nothing to apologize over.
Its most understandable.
SlientSipper

Postby Wh&yel-appr... » Dec 7th, '11, 03:58

Still Dec6th on the westcoast...I'd be happy to take over for you whenever you need to take a break from TC, Chip :P :lol: :mrgreen:

On a more serious note though, I hadn't noticed any difference in your massive posting patterns...guess I don't spend enough time on TC then :D

As far as the legal stuff, maybe you need to get yourself into the witness protection program and get a new identity. Here in So. Cal. if you mess with them gang bangers who get into road rage, if they didn't execute you by shooting you dead on the spot, being a witness against them could very well get you shot before you could show up in court!

At best the frakin a-hole will get little if any punishment (with no priors?), other than probation>>> kinda like Lindsay Lohan. If convicted, they'll be out in no time, and they *know* how to get you, anytime they want in the future>>> great legal system we have.

People in autos try to run me down virtually every time I"m out walking and have the green light for the crosswalk. They see the light turn red for them, as they are approaching, but have not yet gotten to the intersection. They may or may not see me at the curb, they could care less>>>I'm a bug. They are fully focused on turning their heads to look across the intersection to make sure if they run the red light without even stopping, that they can fly around the corner right hand turn without getting hit by traffic crossing the intersection.

That I have already stepped off the curb and am attempting to walk across long after the light has already changed is irrelevant to them...they do not care, they *never* stop for me, because I can't hurt them, whereas a car coming across the intersection could. Those people doing such dangerous and intentionally callous driving, should be penalized by losing their DL for 6mo< only that would curb their behavior.(of course some like Paris Hilton don't give a ****, they'll drive w/o a license :p )
Wh&yel-appr...

Postby Wh&yel-appr... » Dec 7th, '11, 04:07

Oops, wrong thread, was supposed to be to today's 'distraction' poll for which I have a new topic. "How many times have you ruined your tea while reading/replying on TC?", by being distracted while reading or replying to a post on TC? For me it's a regular occurrence. I've ruined more tea infusions, gotten some wicked bitter blasts of caffeine & tannins from being distracted on TC, letting all kinds of tea from green to black, over-steep for 5-20min at a time! Doesn't seem to happen as much while surfing the net or on other forums. Something about TC is just :evil: :twisted: , it's like a drug, an irresistible vixen/siren call :D

Recall I brew up at least 150ml per coffee sized mug, often upwards of 300ml, using a high leaf to water ratio>>> can get some really hardcore potent brews>>> and I always drink the whole cup anyways :mrgreen: , might dilute with a little more water, but most of the time it's 'bottoms up!
Wh&yel-appr...

Postby TubbyCow » Dec 7th, '11, 12:12

And another +1

You are allowed to have a life outside of TeaChat, y'know... :D
TubbyCow

Postby TIM » Dec 7th, '11, 17:56

TubbyCow wrote:

And another +1

+1
We got your back tea bro!
TIM
Vendor Member

Postby Chip » Dec 7th, '11, 18:31

Thank you kindly, everybody, for your thoughts and words, it is truly and greatly appreciated!

TIM wrote:
TubbyCow wrote:

And another +1

+1
We got your back tea bro!

Good, lemme give you his address! 8)

Drax wrote:*Groan*.... I'm just sorry to hear that it's going to drag out for another month!

Maybe we'll get to hear about the good news before then...? :D

And maybe there will be a Hagi SO to push all that wonderfulness over into the realm of unbelievable bliss???? :D :D :D

A Hagi SO would be great, I have been working on around 4 different ones for various lengths of time. I would love to see fruits of this labor of love very soon!!!!!!!

Oh, and OTTIs!
Chip
Mod/Admin

Next

Instant Messenger

Permissions