Jun 3rd, '12, 00:34

Caffeine and Fatty Foods (Health Issue)

by bambooforest » Jun 3rd, '12, 00:34

Came across an article a while back... about how eating fatty foods and then having caffeine can be bad for health. Or (I would assume) having the caffeine first and then eating fatty foods.

Here's the headline of the article:

Drinking coffee with a high-fat meal 'can raise blood sugar to harmful levels'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/artic ... z1whYHki00

Jun 4th, '12, 17:14

Re: Caffeine and Fatty Foods (Health Issue)

by teaisme » Jun 4th, '12, 17:14

i get a feeling this doesn't really apply for tea...after all tea is supposed to aid in regulating your blood sugar level...

one way (I am pretty sure there are many others) is through the egcg--- by lowering number of messenger rna that tell the liver to produce the enzymes involved in the making of glucose
-this is in addition to the well known ability egcg has in lowering the production of free radicals which would have implications for the processes related to rising/falling blood sugars

From personal exp, If I eat tons of sweet stuff, and I start to feel 'sugarfied' (sorry), I notice tea brings me back down to feeling normal

Also add on the fact that if you love your tea your likely drinking more then an 8oz cup, all that fluid intake is going to help flush out the sugar faster too through urination

Jul 15th, '12, 13:02

by iovetea » Jul 15th, '12, 13:02

i have the opposite feeling, my body can take fatty foods much better if i drink tea.

Jul 18th, '12, 21:44

by Charlotte_J » Jul 18th, '12, 21:44

iovetea wrote:i have the opposite feeling, my body can take fatty foods much better if i drink tea.

Totally!! Me too. Especially fatty meats and raw puer. I can eat some really fatty lamb or pork, and have a session of raw puer, and I feel like I am 100% reset to normal. It's like I never ate anything fatty at all. (at least, I feel that way!!)

+ Post Reply