Help with making signature blends

Discuss some of the favorite customer-created Signature Blends.

Mar 17th, '08, 18:47

Help with making signature blends

by becco » Mar 17th, '08, 18:47

I was really excited when I found out about the signature blend feature. I am getting married in July and I decided I want to make each of my bridesmaids a different blend.

However, as I started playing with the blending, I found that I really don't know what to do. Is there any sort of rules?

I just have no idea what type of percentages to use for things. I want to make sure the flavors stand out, but aren't too overpowering.

I had planned on making them each a green tea, but I don't know if it is ok to mix the flavors with it or if they will be too strong. Should I just stick with mixing herbals teas with it?

Please help! I want these to be spectacular and blow them out of the water!

Mar 19th, '08, 09:34

by LavenderPekoe » Mar 19th, '08, 09:34

Hmmm, this is a hard one. There aren't really any "rules" per say. Do you have things you could mix together at home to try? Mint is a good mixer, but, supposedly it can be overpowering if you use too much (I have never had that be a problem, though, 'cause I love mint).
Teas for trade:

Mar 19th, '08, 10:04

by Mary R » Mar 19th, '08, 10:04

That's a thought. I used the smallest percentage of mint that I could in mine, and still found it slightly mintalicious.

Mar 22nd, '08, 23:54

by TaiPing Hou Kui » Mar 22nd, '08, 23:54

Everyonje is right about paying attention to percentages. Another thing you have to keep in mind is the strength of the flavor itself......clearly a white tea will be very delicate on the palate to begin with and something like a back tea or aged oolong will have a stronger flavor to begin with. Naturally, you would not add as high a concentration of something (i.e. mints, jasmine flowers, etc.) to the white tea as you would the black tea. The only way to truly know what you are in for is to experiment with varying amounts of your preferred herbs, etc. Hope this helps!

-Nick (TaiPing)

+ Post Reply