Empty Triangle Bags?

For general/other topics related to tea.

Apr 7th, '08, 16:31

Empty Triangle Bags?

by CherBear04 » Apr 7th, '08, 16:31

I am starting to sell my own tea, and I was wondering if anyone knew where I could get empty triangle tea bags to fill the loose tea with?

Thanks!

Apr 7th, '08, 17:00

by Pentox » Apr 7th, '08, 17:00

By triangle tea bags i'm assuming you're referring to the tetrahedral style tea bags? Referred to as some as being pyramidal, but they are not quite so. Basically the teabags that Adagio and a lot of other vendors are using nowdays.

I'm pretty sure that those are not going to be easily done by oneself. Because it looks like they're heat sealed I imagine that you have to buy whatever machine they have that packages them like that. A quick google search shows quite a few machines for tea bag packing.

Apr 8th, '08, 11:47

by Mary R » Apr 8th, '08, 11:47

Filling the loose tea with tea bags? How novel! :lol:

In all seriousness, though, I doubt that you'll be able to find empty pyramidal tea bags. I didn't spend hours researching the ins and outs of teabag machinery, but from what I could tell, strips of nylon are fed into the machine, where it creates the pyramidal shape and fills the bag all at the same time. And seals it, of course. If you've ever tried to melt a couple strips of nylon together neatly, you know it's impossible to do it without at least a little mechanical assistance.

If you don't have several thousand dollars to invest in specialized machinery, go with Tea Sacs (or similar), or offer a variety of infusers for sale alongside your teas.

+ Post Reply