Oct 30th, '10, 11:04

Re: PETS!!!!

by rhondabee » Oct 30th, '10, 11:04

Fuji is so cute! I love the fangs.

Oct 30th, '10, 11:32
Scrolling: scrolling

by Mrs. Chip » Oct 30th, '10, 11:32

rhondabee wrote:Fuji is so cute! I love the fangs.
rhondabee, I sometimes worry that they will grow into his face!
And he def has a face only a Mommie can love. :D Yeah, he's adorable.

I have a witch's Halloween CatHat, if I can find it I will ask Chip to post a pic for tomorrow.

Oct 30th, '10, 17:47

by fdrx » Oct 30th, '10, 17:47

Fidji is cute that's right !! :mrgreen:

Nov 3rd, '10, 01:44

by denholma » Nov 3rd, '10, 01:44

Does drinking tea and pets go together? We have several pets ourselves. I'm at work so I don't have pics with me but we have three indoor cats and one outdoor cat (she had bladder control issues). Baby, the outdoor cat, has a shed all to herself and actually loves being outdoors - never even tries to come inside. She is a gray tabby. Marble is our youngest indoor cat - he is a male tuxedo cat just over a year old. He is a big baby and absolutely has to have an extended cuddle session every day and sits and cries at the door if my husband is late getting home from work. Princess Leia is the next youngest, about three and a half, and she is a very pretty dilute gray tortie. She has the softest fur and is always seeking a lap to sit in. Tam (short for Tamarind) is a couple months older than Leia and is a gray tabbie with some subtle tortie patterning in brown. Tam is very standoffish and doesn't like being held. She generally solicits pets a couple of times a day but only likes being pet on the head. She is the most wary of the cats and hides when strangers are around.

We also have two guinea pigs. Let me say I highly recommend this animal as a pet. S'more is white with dark gray splotches (like burnt marshmellow) and Turtle is a lovely mix of chocolate and caramel colors. They are both female - I didn't see any need to increase the guinea pig population - and share a cage. With guinea pigs the thing to remember is that you want to get at least two (same sex is best) and give them plenty of room. If you do some looking online there are lots of options for cages. Guinea pig cages don't need tops, unless you have cats that see them as prey, because guinea pigs like their cage and generally don't want to leave and won't climb. They will enjoy the occasional exploration but are very happy to get back in their cage. Their food is inexpensive and they are fairly easy to keep clean. They even like to swim so baths can be a fun time! If you are still looking for a pet, Vulture, they are a good bet. And they won't smell up a house like a ferret will. They also like to be handled and never bite!

Nov 15th, '10, 15:46

by rabbit » Nov 15th, '10, 15:46

Say hello to Lord Hoppingtons, the newest member of my family... he is an 8 week old Netherland Dwarf, son of two show bunnies ;)

Nov 15th, '10, 15:50

by Chip » Nov 15th, '10, 15:50

He is obviously a class act! But aren't you a bit worried that he might develop some kind of superiorty complex being called Lord Hoppington all the time! :mrgreen:

denholma, please post some photos when you can!

Nov 15th, '10, 16:34

by Victoria » Nov 15th, '10, 16:34

Aww very sweet Congrats Rabbit. :)

Nov 15th, '10, 17:54

by the_economist » Nov 15th, '10, 17:54

His Lordship has a very distinguished look indeed!

Nov 16th, '10, 15:09

by rabbit » Nov 16th, '10, 15:09

Hoppingtons is awesome! lol! I'm so happy I have a bunny. Now that he's getting used to his new home he is running around, jumping in the air- kicking his feet out, and in general just being mischievous. He has a huge personality for such a little guy! He loves to snuggle and watch x-files :D Unfortunately he's already chewed through my xbox controller cable! So I had to bunny-proof my home today!!!

Nov 16th, '10, 15:20

by Victoria » Nov 16th, '10, 15:20

Yeah chewing cables is a problem. At the pet store you will find some spray for that. I think it's bitter apple or something that tastes bad. :) Or check the internet. Are you going to litter train him?

Nov 16th, '10, 15:27

by rabbit » Nov 16th, '10, 15:27

Victoria wrote:Yeah chewing cables is a problem. At the pet store you will find some spray for that. I think it's bitter apple or something that tastes bad. :) Or check the internet. Are you going to litter train him?
That's good to know, I didn't know they sold stuff like that... regardless I made all of the cables unaccecable to him today. Yeah I already started litter training him, it really doesn't appear it will be that hard to do, I read that it's slightly harder to house train a rabbit than a cat, but much easier than a dog.

Nov 17th, '10, 09:57

by alan logan » Nov 17th, '10, 09:57

congrats Rabbit, he is adorable!

I love this thread, so many moving stories and great relationships.

Nov 18th, '10, 19:00

by Proinsias » Nov 18th, '10, 19:00

Our youngest cat Angus just got hit by a car, jaw broken in a few places and some pretty bad swelling, blood everywhere. He was still looking quite bright eyed at the emergency vets, fingers crossed.

£250 so far and another few hundred tomorrow, really hope the insurance people are nice about this one.

Nov 18th, '10, 19:06

by rabbit » Nov 18th, '10, 19:06

Proinsias wrote:Our youngest cat Angus just got hit by a car, jaw broken in a few places and some pretty bad swelling, blood everywhere. He was still looking quite bright eyed at the emergency vets, fingers crossed.

£250 so far and another few hundred tomorrow, really hope the insurance people are nice about this one.
Oh no! I'm so sorry to hear that proinsias!!! It's terrible when pets get hurt like that, I've seen it happen a few times :( I hope angus gets better soon!

+ Post Reply