PETS!!!!

Forum problem solving, rules, contact information

Jan 10th, '10, 01:42

Re: PETS!!!!

by Dreamer » Jan 10th, '10, 01:42

Ok, lots of kitties here on the 'chat...lucky geekgirl snuck in a couple of dogs! And what a special treat that we finally got to meet the lucky guy Fuji!

Pets are such an important part of my life (our herd consists of two dogs and two cats) and I so appreciate the pictures and little personality bits that get shared here on the TeaChat!

Thanks everybody,
Dreamer

Jan 10th, '10, 02:22
Vendor Member

by IPT » Jan 10th, '10, 02:22

I have a pet Water Buffalo. Do I win the weirdest pet award? I grew up on a farm in a village and we had dairy cows. I love cows and villages. I have a home in an ancient village which I use as a getaway. I kept watching the cows out of my window and my neighbor was selling a calf. I had to have her. The village is poor and most people can't afford a cow to till their paddies, so I loan her out. The villagers take care of her for me in exchange for free labor. She's the fattest cow in the village and the kids all love her.

I also have an incredibly large spider that lives in my bathroom. It is about 5 inches in diameter. I have no idea what kind of spider it is. It has very long thin legs. It lived in the bathroom of my old apartment. When I moved in it was not very large. I didn't bother it, because I kinda like spiders and appreciate their insect catching abilities. It just kept growing. I bought a house and about a week after we moved in, I found the spider sitting in the corner near the ceiling. It must have moved with us. The house is brand new and I did all of the interior work, so I know it wasn't here before we moved in. It has to be the same spider.

Jan 20th, '10, 23:13

by sneakers » Jan 20th, '10, 23:13

Is it up to 10 inches now? :)

Jan 23rd, '10, 21:13

by Skippyandjif » Jan 23rd, '10, 21:13

Wow, IPT, those are some really cool pets!! Are the other people in the house coexisting well with the spider? (My mother would probably freak out if that happened to her, hehe.)

I just have one kitty, a Maine Coon named Ellie. She lives in my father's apartment, though, so I only get to see her if I'm home from school and not spending the break at my mother's house. She just turned ten a couple of weeks ago, and we've had her since just before she was a year old when we rescued her from being put down. Ellie spent the first night in the apartment-- also New Year's Eve-- hiding inside a recliner. Since she was sickly as a kitten, her growth was stunted and she's small by normal cat standards, tiny by breed standards, so it's a family joke that she's her own breed: the Mini Coon. What Ellie lacks in size, though, she makes up for in fighting spirit; she's a bit psycho and loves to attack people, purring all the while, as they're unsuspectingly petting her.

Feb 4th, '10, 09:43

by KSek » Feb 4th, '10, 09:43

Well, I certainly can't top a water buffalo or a traveling spider, but here are a couple of shots of my cat Kiya:

Feb 4th, '10, 10:30

by LauraW » Feb 4th, '10, 10:30

Ksek, beautiful cat. Seems like one of mine might look like that in a couple years... and once she loses a couple pounds.. I've got to remember to upload pictures of my cats.

Feb 8th, '10, 01:06
Vendor Member

by IPT » Feb 8th, '10, 01:06

Skippyandjif wrote:Wow, IPT, those are some really cool pets!! Are the other people in the house coexisting well with the spider? (My mother would probably freak out if that happened to her, hehe
Well, my daughter hasn't noticed it, and my wife has gotten used to it. She's from a small village, so it doesn't bother her too much.

Feb 8th, '10, 12:15
Scrolling: scrolling

by Victoria » Feb 8th, '10, 12:15

Aww sweet kitty KSec!

Feb 9th, '10, 20:25

by Amaikokonut » Feb 9th, '10, 20:25

Loving all these pictures, especially the adorable kitties! :> I do feel the need to contribute my own:

Stella. She's quite intelligent and friendly, but quite obsessed with food, to the point where she won't show much affection towards anyone unless she thinks she might get something to eat out of it.

My cat, Tony, under attack by a stuffed penguin. Found him in a gutter near a restaurant and after having no luck finding him a home, decided to keep him. He's very timid around strangers but extremely affectionate otherwise.

Oliver the dove and Margie the zebra finch. Both of them like to make a ton of noise, but they're pretty little (and big) things.

Feb 9th, '10, 21:36

by Victoria » Feb 9th, '10, 21:36

Aww sweet little family you have there!!

Mar 10th, '10, 20:52

by rjiwrth » Mar 10th, '10, 20:52

Mar 11th, '10, 09:07

by Victoria » Mar 11th, '10, 09:07

LOL, Chasen impersonation!!! Whiskers up!! Hahaha
Very sweet!!

Mar 13th, '10, 22:59

Touched by Grace

by Dreamer » Mar 13th, '10, 22:59

Our family was touched by grace yesterday. Late in the afternoon we found a small cat huddled in the rain in our driveway. It seemed friendly but not well. We wrapped it in a towel, brought it in and offered it food and water. It was soooo cold. I called the vet, but we had to wait an hour to take it in. I just sat with it on my lap bundled in the towel. The poor sweet thing would meow sadly when moved but it purred and kneaded when comforted.

Poor sweetie turned out to be a little girl only weighing 5.3 lbs. She was very anemic, dehydrated, hypothermic and weak...beautiful gray torti coat and appeared to be young. She purred thru the whole examination ordeal.

You know it is bad when the vet says, "you gotta decide how far we're gonna go here". We decided that since she was so sweet, seemed young and wasn't "torn up" inside, that I would spend the next few days giving her sub-cutaneous liquids and force feeding her. They would give her a wormer and an antibiotic shot. She was so weak that the vet said even with all that she might not survive; once when they left the room for a moment, she got so still I thought she had already passed. First thing would be a quick Feline Leukemia test. While we waited for the result, they showed me how to give her the fluids. Unfortunately the test was positive...so we decided to have her put down. As she was administering the drug, the vet commented about her purring at "98 degrees while I'm sticking her"...there wasn't a dry eye in the room.

I ask for strength, guidance, grace and mercy as part of my "standard prayer". I can't say I felt any great strength (I cried like a baby), but I am sure that somehow she was guided to us. And I know that the mercy in the small measure of comfort we provided was met with her gift of grace. We don't know what she might have been called before she found us, but we decided her name was Grace.

Dreamer

Mar 13th, '10, 23:03

by Victoria » Mar 13th, '10, 23:03

((((Hugs))))) I am so sorry. Thank you for sharing your story with us, so very sad, heartbreaking.

Mar 13th, '10, 23:04

by Schrammy » Mar 13th, '10, 23:04

I have to post my widdle baby! :)
"... save me."
.. she says hi.

+ Post Reply