PETS!!!!

Forum problem solving, rules, contact information

Mar 13th, '09, 15:41

by Tea Noob » Mar 13th, '09, 15:41

Shelob wrote: Sorry for the misinterpretation..:oops: I am glad that the correct path is now being trodden.

Geek good point! No one here would have $$$ for Tea and TeaWare!
No harm no foul. Awesome line!

Mar 13th, '09, 15:46

by Shelob » Mar 13th, '09, 15:46

kymidwife wrote:I wanted to share the upcoming new pet addition to our family. I've found an outstanding way to get my "puppy fix" without overwhelming my household... I've found a puppy for my 7 yr old nephew and his mom is agreeable! They lost a family dog earlier this year. And this little girl at a nearby shelter is so adorable!

Her shelter name is Daisy... we'll see if Sam changes it or not. She's supposed to be a golden retriever/cattledog mix, but she's small and looks mostly like an Australian Shepherd to me... which is one of my favorite breeds. Anyway... we're going to meet her tomorrow, and will bring her home as soon as she gets spayed next week. I'm such a kid when it comes to pets. :D
Sarah
Sarah, she is just adorable, and I think she looks like a 'Daisy', but only Sam knows :wink:
Have a great day Sarah and enjoy some tea!
Have a FAB TeaDay Everyone!

Mar 13th, '09, 15:51

by Shelob » Mar 13th, '09, 15:51

Tea Noob wrote:
Shelob wrote: Sorry for the misinterpretation..:oops: I am glad that the correct path is now being trodden.

Geek good point! No one here would have $$$ for Tea and TeaWare!
No harm no foul. Awesome line!
Tea Noob, sorry I got rid of that original post after reading your edits on the previous page, no longer thought it was relevant :oops:

Anywho, glad everything has worked out and love that line too!

Have a good TeaDay Tea Noob:)
Have a FAB TeaDay Everyone!

Mar 13th, '09, 16:09
Scrolling: scrolling

by Geekgirl » Mar 13th, '09, 16:09

Tea Noob wrote:
I would say most of us do, which is probably why the rule exists.
I do not understand that logic.

Quite simple. We have over 500 members who have made 10 posts or more (usually the level at which one guesses that the poster is interested in the community rather than just a hit and run.) Over 2000 who have posted at least once.

What if each of us who contributes to a particular charity, posted a thread soliciting donations, everytime there was a charitable event?

This would no longer be TeaChat, but instead would become "Please contribute to MY favorite cause Chat."

Mar 13th, '09, 16:13

by Tea Noob » Mar 13th, '09, 16:13

kymidwife wrote: Image

Her shelter name is Daisy... we'll see if Sam changes it or not. She's supposed to be a golden retriever/cattledog mix, but she's small and looks mostly like an Australian Shepherd to me...
I agree that she looks like an Australian Shepard mix. I don't think cattle dogs or heelers have blue eyes. They also have shorter hair that is more coarse. That hair looks nice and fluffy. I really like how the golden color is mixed in.

Mar 13th, '09, 19:53

by kymidwife » Mar 13th, '09, 19:53

We visited Daisy today and she is absolutely gorgeous, seems totally healthy, and has a sweet and affectionate disposition. She can't be spayed til next week, so we had to leave her there. And, of course, I hated seeing all the ones we couldn't bring home with us. They had a beautiful Tonkinese-mix kitty named Amethyst... and an enormous grey/black tabby striped boy who apparently is not normally friendly, but who cuddled right up with me. Going to the shelter is always a love/hate experience. :(

Sarah

Mar 13th, '09, 22:21
Scrolling: scrolling

by Chip » Mar 13th, '09, 22:21

Daisy is a cutie ...

TeaNoob, thanks for your comments. There is hope for you yet. :lol: Just kidding ...

Apologies both public and private are accepted.

I remember when I joined TC almost 3 years ago, I ate major crow over my comments opposing the adding sugar to tea. Wow, that was eye opening, I almost left the forum, instead bit the bullet. Hey, are you bucking for Mod? :wink:

Mar 14th, '09, 16:51

by Beidao » Mar 14th, '09, 16:51

kymidwife wrote:We visited Daisy today and she is absolutely gorgeous, seems totally healthy, and has a sweet and affectionate disposition. She can't be spayed til next week, so we had to leave her there. And, of course, I hated seeing all the ones we couldn't bring home with us. They had a beautiful Tonkinese-mix kitty named Amethyst... and an enormous grey/black tabby striped boy who apparently is not normally friendly, but who cuddled right up with me. Going to the shelter is always a love/hate experience. :(

Sarah
Wow. I have been working at a shelter for three years now and was last there today. When I read your post I thought "Hey, what the heck, love/hate experience??". Then I realized it is for most people. This will so help me be a better guide for the visitors. I am so used to the can't-take-home feeling and know that most cats get a good home even though I've so far never taken anyone from there myself. But then I do work there and know that I help in that way instead of adopting. I could however never work at one of these places that put animals to sleep for not getting homes quick enough. That would send me to the psychiatric ward I think! :?
The noise comes from the other side of the mirror

Mar 17th, '09, 10:55

by auggy » Mar 17th, '09, 10:55

Beidao wrote:Wow. I have been working at a shelter for three years now and was last there today. When I read your post I thought "Hey, what the heck, love/hate experience??". Then I realized it is for most people.
Last time I was at a shelter was 3 years ago helping my grandmother pick out a cat (which is now our cat). It ended up in my grandma taking home a cat and me at home, crying, wanting to take in another cat (at that point we only had 6 and though 7 was too many - didn't realize we'd get up to 8) then donating money to an animal rescue group. I couldn't work at a shelter, even a no kill one, so Beidao, I admire you for doing it. DH doesn't even like me to go to the vet alone because I have ended up taking one in and bringing home two on more than one occasion (and trying to several more times when he was there to stop me). :oops:

Mar 17th, '09, 11:24

by tjausti » Mar 17th, '09, 11:24

My wife was a vet tech.... we have 5 cats and a dog.... she started that job with 2 birds and a cat. the 2 birds are long gone due to cats (yes Sylvester and Tweety style)

yeah I am glad she is a stay at home mom now :D

lol

I commend anyone who can work in a shelter/vets office I know I would have about 20 dogs if i worked there....

Mar 17th, '09, 12:31

My Pets...

by tea-guy » Mar 17th, '09, 12:31

Two cats: JP and [Unnamed] (Mean I know)
A dog: Squall

Photos in the future. They're probably up on my Flickr account already!
---

Tea-Guy

Apr 7th, '09, 16:54

by Dreamer » Apr 7th, '09, 16:54

Here are some pictures of our herd:

Big sweet Golden Retriever, Gordon. He is 12 years old and we've had him since he was 7 weeks old...he is THE best dog in the world! What they say is true...old gold is good gold!

Little diva-dog Havanese, Xander...a true clown who keeps us laughing! This picture was taken after he'd been groomed (trimmed pretty close) and the weather turned really cold...he's not really too fond of the foo-foo sweater, but it was better than freezing!

Big gentleman cat, Felix. He doesn't sit on laps often (he gets too warm) but he LOVES to be petted roughly and he loves to have his feet rubbed...really weird for a cat. I think it is because he has these tiny little feet to hold up his 17 lb body.

Smaller (but still big at 14 lbs), funny cat, Jasper (wrestling with Xander..one of his favorite activities). Jasper loves to snuggle and talk with us humans.

What a fun, furry place we have here!
-Dreamer

Apr 8th, '09, 10:19

by auggy » Apr 8th, '09, 10:19

Dreamer, they are so cute! One of our cats used to like being beaten roughly on the back and sides. I figure he thought it was like shiatsu. I haven't tried a foot massage with any of them though! :lol:

Apr 8th, '09, 22:51

by kymidwife » Apr 8th, '09, 22:51

kymidwife wrote: Image

Her shelter name is Daisy... we'll see if Sam changes it or not. She's supposed to be a golden retriever/cattledog mix, but she's small and looks mostly like an Australian Shepherd to me...
Update on the dog formerly known as Daisy, now called "Sophie"... she was presumptively diagnosed with distemper about 2 weeks ago... very listless, no appetite, weight loss, alittle lethargic, coughing constantly, and green stuff from her eyes and nose. My sister-in-law and I took her to the vet, hoping it was just kennel cough or something fairly simple. But no... both vets were very sure it is distemper, and they were not optimistic at all... prepared us for the worst, and said it looked like a battle we probably couldn't win. :shock: She was vaccinated for distemper at the shelter, but it either didn't take, or she was already getting sick when she got her shots.

So, she got heavy duty antibiotics and steroids by injection at the vet's office, and then a 10-day course at home. She got much better within a couple of days, got her appetite back, stopped coughing, started playing, gained some weight, and things were looking good. Late last week, after her antibiotics were finished, she started to cough again, and the greenish stuff came back to her nose... so, we have another course of antibiotics going now.

All the while, of course, we are just getting more and more attached, as she is such a sweet-natured, loving, adorable girl. The vet is alittle more hopeful since she's done better than he expected, but I'm still really worried. :(

Sarah
***This organic blend is earthy & spicy, with a fragrant aroma & smooth flavor to captivate the senses. Naturally sweetened in the Kentucky sunshine & infused with natural energy. Equally delicious when served piping hot or crisply chilled.***

Apr 8th, '09, 22:57

by Janine » Apr 8th, '09, 22:57

What a cutie... aw... I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you Sarah

+ Post Reply