TeaClass

We're always open to a little constructive criticism.

Feb 28th, '06, 05:51

TeaClass

by yresim » Feb 28th, '06, 05:51

I think you should provide a link to TeaClass on Adagio's home page, just like you do with TeaChat, TeaMap, TeaMuse, and TeaChef.

I realize that it isn't "complete" per se, but it has a lot of useful information.

~Yresim~
"I know! We could go to the Bronze, sneak in our own tea bags, and ask for hot water."
- Willow, Buffy the Vampire Slayer (Reptile Boy, Season 2)

Favorite teas: earl grey, assam, white

Feb 28th, '06, 07:11

by marz910 » Feb 28th, '06, 07:11

I'm glad you posted that. I just got a freind into tea and this is going to be something I tell them about.

That's 1 vote for putting on the front page. :P

Feb 28th, '06, 08:45

by LavenderPekoe » Feb 28th, '06, 08:45

This has already been discussed with Adagio (possibly in the chat so there may not be a record of it) but, they say that TeaClass is meant more for teashop owners and their staff, which is why there is a link from the wholesale site (www.adagioxl.com).
Teas for trade:

Feb 28th, '06, 13:55

Tea Class

by Shannon69162 » Feb 28th, '06, 13:55

Yes. I am a guest and my name is Shannon. Still out here lurking and thinking and sipping tea. I am a "newbie" to this world of tea--good tea

Anyway, I liked Tea Class and I think it would benefit both Tea Room owners and tea drinkers.

Just my two cents.

Shannon

Feb 28th, '06, 15:52

by yresim » Feb 28th, '06, 15:52

LavenderPekoe wrote:TeaClass is meant more for teashop owners and their staff, which is why there is a link from the wholesale site (www.adagioxl.com).
Regardless of who it is meant for, a lot of tea customers find it useful. I have only been on the forums for about a week and a half, and I've already seen people (not teashop owners, but customers) directed to it at least 3 times.

If Adagio doesn't want to put it on their home page, perhaps they could at least provide a link to it from the TeaChat page (up at the top, with the other links)?

~Yresim~
"I know! We could go to the Bronze, sneak in our own tea bags, and ask for hot water."

Feb 28th, '06, 18:14
Adagio

by ilya » Feb 28th, '06, 18:14

Another reason we don't provide the link is because a lot of the content is similar to what you can find on TeaMuse. And the format is a bit more geared for training as opposed to casual reading.

Feb 28th, '06, 21:08

by yresim » Feb 28th, '06, 21:08

ilya wrote:Another reason we don't provide the link is because a lot of the content is similar to what you can find on TeaMuse. And the format is a bit more geared for training as opposed to casual reading.
Odd. I found it to be a very nice casual read. My only regret was burning through it so fast.

I guess I'm just used to school books or something.

Fair enough, in any case.

~Yresim~

Feb 28th, '06, 21:45

by TeaFanatic » Feb 28th, '06, 21:45

See I don't understand the argument for "it is not a casual read" Ilya. Most of the articles in there are also found in Chris's book on tea. There are only a handful of articles that are different from the book. They are very enjoyable to read, and I think other people would find the same thing.

Is adagio still working on the advanced section?
"Make tea not war"

Favorites: Sencha, Dragonwell, White Monkey, Silver Needle, Gyokuro, Kukicha, Darjeeling

Mar 1st, '06, 00:45

by yresim » Mar 1st, '06, 00:45

TeaFanatic wrote:Most of the articles in there are also found in Chris's book on tea.
That's a good point!

I got the book, and my first thought was "I already read this."

Mind you, I still really loved getting the book. It's so cool, and way better than the tea book I got from Stash (it was part of a set).

~Yresim~

Mar 5th, '06, 05:52

by Kestrel » Mar 5th, '06, 05:52

I have to comment - I read this thread and went to the TeaClass - and I went through every lesson. I totally forgot about everything else (save my lovely cup of tea) and went through every single lesson. Now I'm a connoisseur and impatiently awaiting more lessons in TeaClass. :D

Mar 5th, '06, 06:03

by yresim » Mar 5th, '06, 06:03

Kestrel wrote:Now I'm a connoisseur and impatiently awaiting more lessons in TeaClass. :D
Congratulations! Welcome to the club.

That's Sue over there, and Bobby, and...

Seriously, congrats. :)

~Yresim~

+ Post Reply