Time to X FedEx

We're always open to a little constructive criticism.

Apr 3rd, '06, 13:43

Time to X FedEx

by divinemercy » Apr 3rd, '06, 13:43

Have you guys ever considered switching to UPS or soemthing? I've never had problems with them, and my package always arives on time, but im having lots of problems with FedEx in relation to my recent order of Adagio products... It is just a thought. I mean, i was supposed to get it today, and now I won't, and i've spent probably around an hour or two at least trying to figure it all out with them and the adagio live help representative...

-ryan

P.S. Btw, the adagio representative (emily by name) was really nice and helpful... that was the only good part about the whole thing actually heh.
All great men have one thing in common: they all have a great personaliTEA.

Apr 3rd, '06, 13:59

by Richard » Apr 3rd, '06, 13:59

I will tell Emily that you liked her!

You can indeed order through UPS if you'd rather. There should be an option to select UPS when you place your order. It defaults to FedEx but it's easy enough to get UPS if you'd prefer that.

Apr 4th, '06, 14:05

by Kestrel » Apr 4th, '06, 14:05

Personally, I'm really glad Adagio uses FedEx. I don't ever use UPS if I can avoid it because they tend to be not so great out, at least for me. I've had problems with stuff broken in shipping far more frequently with UPS than with FedEx. And there's the fact that FedEx actually at least rings the doorbell and gives me the package instead of ditching it on the doorstep in a pile of snow while it's still snowing outside. Or not showing up until 8pm or 9pm, or even as late as 10pm. I've never had a problem with FedEx, but I've learned never ever to rely on UPS Ground. Their express service has been okay, but now UPS Three Day has gone pretty much the same route as Ground.

I know that there are people who love UPS and hate FedEx, but I just wanted to chime in and say that I'm really glad Adagio uses FedEx.

Apr 4th, '06, 14:10

by teamuse » Apr 4th, '06, 14:10

i think it all depends on where you are.

where i live now both companies are alright...but i still prefer fed ex

when i was in college, UPS was the official campus carrier (or so it seemed). most of the time they never knocked on the door, never left a "sorry we missed you", and usually ran over your package.
and if they did show up...it was late at night.

Apr 4th, '06, 15:35

by klemptor » Apr 4th, '06, 15:35

I love FedEx. I've always found them reliable. And their puppy is just adorable.
I came in from the wilderness, a creature void of form.

Apr 4th, '06, 16:05

by divinemercy » Apr 4th, '06, 16:05

well, after 3 phone calls, and a 15-20 min chat with Emily, it finally came today. It was only a day late, but it wouldn't have come at all without all that work...

Anyways, i'm super happy about it all anyways because the personaliTEA and the Fruit Medley tea are both awesome!
All great men have one thing in common: they all have a great personaliTEA.

Apr 4th, '06, 16:24

by Richard » Apr 4th, '06, 16:24

Emily deserves a vacation. She works so hard and so tirelessly, but I don't know where any of us would be without her. She has hinted that a way to show your gratitude would be buying up her Amazon wishlist! :)

Apr 5th, '06, 00:16

by Marlene » Apr 5th, '06, 00:16

Heh, I like the USPS best for Adagio's deliveries. I get them in 3-4 days instead of a week like fed-ex
Never trust a man who, when left alone in a room with a tea cozy, dosn't try it on.
-Billy Connolly

Apr 5th, '06, 01:36

by TeaFanatic » Apr 5th, '06, 01:36

I think fedex has done a great job overall with all my deliveries...I do wish they tracked faster, but they do give an estimated delivery date that has always been right for me.

Of course UPS has never been wrong either...
"Make tea not war"

Favorites: Sencha, Dragonwell, White Monkey, Silver Needle, Gyokuro, Kukicha, Darjeeling

Apr 5th, '06, 02:08

by yresim » Apr 5th, '06, 02:08

FedEx is the best shipping company for perishables (that includes tea). If something goes wrong, and results in your stuff being rotten/destroyed/etc, they will reimburse you no problem.

I do love FedEx, and hate UPS. I find the postal service (USPS) okay.

~Yresim~
"I know! We could go to the Bronze, sneak in our own tea bags, and ask for hot water."
- Willow, Buffy the Vampire Slayer (Reptile Boy, Season 2)

Favorite teas: earl grey, assam, white

Apr 5th, '06, 07:32

by marz910 » Apr 5th, '06, 07:32

TeaFanatic wrote:I think fedex has done a great job overall with all my deliveries...I do wish they tracked faster, but they do give an estimated delivery date that has always been right for me.
I find by useing pervise orders sent by Fedex I can estimate when my new order will arrive. Looking at times and how long it took to get to the next place I can usually give my self an hour time frame on when my order will arrive. ;)

Apr 7th, '06, 12:44

by jzero » Apr 7th, '06, 12:44

marz910 wrote:
TeaFanatic wrote:I think fedex has done a great job overall with all my deliveries...I do wish they tracked faster, but they do give an estimated delivery date that has always been right for me.
I find by useing pervise orders sent by Fedex I can estimate when my new order will arrive. Looking at times and how long it took to get to the next place I can usually give my self an hour time frame on when my order will arrive. ;)
Unless they pull their little scam of not delivering your shipment because you didn't pay for overnight shipping.

You know, I would not mind if they did this, but instead of coming out and saying "If you didn't order overnight, we may delay your shipment," they just make up some excuse like "Your office was closed when we attempted delivery at 3PM."
They Call Me Jzero

Apr 7th, '06, 20:22

by Kestrel » Apr 7th, '06, 20:22

What do you mean, jzero?

Apr 8th, '06, 00:27

by teamuse » Apr 8th, '06, 00:27

I am betting that jzero has had something similar to what has happened to me...

ground shipping estimates 3 days, it arrives in 1 or 2.
FedEx will not deliver your package because you did not pay expedited shipping (overnight or 2 day). I've had it show up on tracking as out for delivery the day it arrived, ride around in Texas head all day but they will not deliver it until the next day because of the type of shipping.

There is usually a note on the tracking that says something the effect of failed delivery attempt (office closed, no one home, etc. - which you know to be false) OR rescheduled delivery for the next day.

overall fedex does just fine, but I have had that happen and been really upset to know my tea has been riding around town in 95-105 degree heat (not counting humidity).

Apr 8th, '06, 06:02

by Kestrel » Apr 8th, '06, 06:02

What I've had happen is that it'll be at the warehouse ready to get delivered and the FedEx thingy will not that it hasn't been loaded because it isn't set to be delivered that day.

A friend of mine uses FedEx all the time (pickups scheduled everyday with FedEx Ground and Express - he runs a small business) and he's been informed by both of his FedEx guys numerous times that FedEx has been having "issues" with some of their contractors - the guys who deliver for FedEx buy the routes and buy their trucks and they're paid to deliver packages.

For FedEx ground, though, there shouldn't BE any delivery issues - unless a signature is specifically requested, they're instructed to leave the package on the porch or at the doorstep if no one's home. That's really sucky of them to do. At least Adagio packages tea well enough that humidity isn't really a worry, though.

+ Post Reply