Paypal!

We're always open to a little constructive criticism.

Nov 11th, '10, 15:06
Scrolling: scrolling

Re: Paypal!

by Victoria » Nov 11th, '10, 15:06

I realize Adagio as a seller has their reasons, but I think Paypal is great. If you do most of your shopping online and the volume I do, you will quickly see it's a great option. Especially as an American Express user, Amex is not always available and with Paypal I can direct it that way even if the vendor doesn't accept Amex.

I have a VISA I now keep only for vendors that don't take Paypal. I have my CC info stolen at least 4 times using it on "secure" sites, even Adagio. That has never happened with Paypal. But all this is learned through experience.

Nov 11th, '10, 15:21

Re: PAYPAL!

by entropyembrace » Nov 11th, '10, 15:21

I don´t have a credit card so PayPal is usually my only option other than international money order.

Needless to say vendors that do not accept PayPal don´t get my business....

Nov 11th, '10, 16:35

by Chubseus » Nov 11th, '10, 16:35

I’ve do not own a credit card, and have only use paypal sparingly (had to dust off my account after four years of neglect to participate in the recent OTTI).

Debit cards ftw.

Nov 12th, '10, 13:46

by bearsbearsbears » Nov 12th, '10, 13:46

I lost ~$110 due to paypal fraud.

Luckily, the vendor sent me the tea anyway and absorbed the loss, but paypal's handling of the dispute was aggravating and not customer/client oriented. If it had been a credit/debit card, a simple charge-back would have solved the problem.

All payment methods have some risk to them, but how a service manages that risk and corrects problems is important. Paypal fails on this, and I only use them when a vendor will take no other method of payment. Even then, a vendor I don't know or trust who only takes paypal will not likely receive my business.

</2cents>

Nov 24th, '10, 17:13

by infamouskid » Nov 24th, '10, 17:13

i'd rather use paypal.
there have been numerous times as a buyer where something has gone wrong and the seller not fulfill there end of the bargain until i open a dispute in the resolution end in paypal.
as a buyer i was the confidence of paypal protection. i also want my credit information not shared with the seller. all i want is my product paid for and my information not stored on the seller server where it can be stolen.

Nov 24th, '10, 17:16

by rabbit » Nov 24th, '10, 17:16

I too prefer paypal.

Nov 24th, '10, 17:40
Scrolling: scrolling

by Chip » Nov 24th, '10, 17:40

I believe Paypal has a debit card option which can be used as a credit card.

Amazingly I have never filed a claim against a tea vendor. Infamous, if you are having to do this a lot, then your vendors should be replaced.

Nov 25th, '10, 18:28

by entropyembrace » Nov 25th, '10, 18:28

Chip wrote:I believe Paypal has a debit card option which can be used as a credit card.

Amazingly I have never filed a claim against a tea vendor. Infamous, if you are having to do this a lot, then your vendors should be replaced.
It´s mostly just US banks that offer debit cards which can function as credit cards online.(even with paypal) There´s a few banks from other countries that offer similar functionality but it definitely hasn´t caught on in Canada yet.

+ Post Reply