IngenuiTEA dripping

We're always open to a little constructive criticism.

Apr 14th, '06, 16:08

IngenuiTEA dripping

by fastmb » Apr 14th, '06, 16:08

Hi--I hope someone can help. I took my IngenuiTEA apart to give it a good cleaning, and everytime I do that it always drips and I have a heck of a time getting it to stop. Well now after this most recent cleaning I cannot get it to stop at all, it's so bad most of my tea leaks onto the counter. I'm missing my tea==any suggestions on how I can fix this? Thank you.

Apr 14th, '06, 16:18

by Richard » Apr 14th, '06, 16:18

Do you have the old version or the new version? (The old version has a black bottom and the new version has a clear one.) If it's the old one, it's not particularly designed to be taken apart; if it's the new one, is the filter loose or floating at all?

Apr 14th, '06, 17:07

by fastmb » Apr 14th, '06, 17:07

Hi--thanks for responding. No, it's the new version, and the filter is on tight. I'm going crazy trying to fix this thing! I think it must have something to do with that rubber ring that goes on the bottom. It seems tight also, but it's still leaking.

Apr 14th, '06, 17:21

by Carnelian » Apr 14th, '06, 17:21

I've had a similar problem, its usually been that the base isn't seated right
Life is like a cup of tea, savor it slowly or it will be gone too fast

Apr 14th, '06, 17:36

by Richard » Apr 14th, '06, 17:36

Send an e-mail about the problem to info@adagio.com and I'll work on getting it taken care of!

Apr 14th, '06, 18:03

by fastmb » Apr 14th, '06, 18:03

Thank you, I'll do that.

Apr 17th, '06, 09:04

by rhpot1991 » Apr 17th, '06, 09:04

fastmb wrote:Hi--thanks for responding. No, it's the new version, and the filter is on tight. I'm going crazy trying to fix this thing! I think it must have something to do with that rubber ring that goes on the bottom. It seems tight also, but it's still leaking.
Mine leaks sometimes when the drainage base (the piece that moves when it sits on your cup) gets twisted and lodged in there sideways. Normally pushing that piece up and then letting it release fixes it. Maybe you damaged some of the rubber holding the pieces together, I am not sure that the bottom was meant to be removable.

-John

May 6th, '06, 22:08

by soapy » May 6th, '06, 22:08

my old version one leaked all over my counter today but I've never taken it apart?? hmmm I don't think its replaceable but I do think the round rubber thing int he center must wear... Is there a reason why it's been replaced by the new version and with the new version are the filter inserts replacements going to be avaiable soon?
Get Paid to go on Vacations and deduct ALL personal travel, car purchases, concerts, attractions,golfing, flowers, going to sport events and so much more.
ask me how!
http://travelsyourway.biz
What are you waiting for...Join Today!

May 8th, '06, 09:57

by Richard » May 8th, '06, 09:57

Soapy:

If you're talking about the 16-ounce version, that one already has the new model with the removeable filter. It's been replaced mainly because the old model is kind of difficult to clean--after a while tea leaves and things either get trapped in or stain the filter; removing the filter allows you to clean it or simply replace it.

The 32-ounce version--the iced one--should be available in the next month or two, we're working on the same redesign on that size.

May 8th, '06, 10:01

by soapy » May 8th, '06, 10:01

Great news! Thank you! Can we trade in our old versions? :?: :D :roll:
Get Paid to go on Vacations and deduct ALL personal travel, car purchases, concerts, attractions,golfing, flowers, going to sport events and so much more.
ask me how!
http://travelsyourway.biz
What are you waiting for...Join Today!

+ Post Reply