Nicely done, on all counts

We're always open to a little constructive criticism.

May 27th, '06, 00:24

Nicely done, on all counts

by Quash » May 27th, '06, 00:24

I just wanted to say that I received my first order yesterday and have the following quick comments:

1) 3 days delivery from U.S. to Canada on the cheapest method is very good. I'm impressed you got the order out the door so efficiently and that you don't jack up your international shipping costs to unreasonable levels like many other online retailers.

2) great tins (sample and 4 oz.). Love the clear UV lids. Love the green sage colour. I'm gathering all the tins aren't that colour. Too bad, as I would have liked to have collected a whole matching set of 4oz. and 8oz.

3) website is very nicely designed for searching and ordering and customer reviews for each tea is very helpful.

4) very nice teas, but I ordered 12 types (all samples, except one) and have been trying a number, so I'm now wired, dizzy and queezy from the tannins and caffeine. Gee, thanks for sending me such great teas! ;)

5) Teas appear to be high quality yet very affordable. Even the paper filters are very affordable. $3 for 100 large. In Canada, they're at least $8. It's cheaper to order them from you! :) The affordability really helps to offset the shipping costs.

6) I appreciate that you have such affordable sample tins. All these damn sample tins I ordered have now gotten me hooked on a few of your teas. :)

Thanks,
Rory

May 30th, '06, 10:34

Re: Nicely done, on all counts

by klemptor » May 30th, '06, 10:34

The tins used to be silver with opaque black lids; they've recently been transitioned to the sage green tins. Personally I love the green tins and think they're much nicer than the silver ones were, but many people on this board feel otherwise. If you order 8oz of some products, you may end up with a silver tin, because they still seem to be in the process of getting rid of those.
Last edited by klemptor on Jun 30th, '06, 10:15, edited 1 time in total.

Jun 29th, '06, 17:22

by Den2006 » Jun 29th, '06, 17:22

I too am enjoying my new found love with teas. The packaging kept everything in tact; the tea maker is nice and crisp looking; the tea cans are so sturdy and pretty; and the teas-----aaaah, delicious. Right now we are going through very hot and muggy weather, :cry: so I haven't have much chance to drink hot tea, but I sure got a lot in before the heat wave came. I am enjoying reading the recipes here and plan to make the Heirloom Tomato Salad With Chamomile Vinegrette for my 4th of July celebration. :D Hope to get many chances to chat with you nice people again. :)

Jun 30th, '06, 13:25

by teaspoon » Jun 30th, '06, 13:25

Yaaaay, new people!

Which teas did you get?

And btw Den2006, do you like iced tea? You could still drink tea in the heat if you ice it :) But if you don't like to do that, I understand, I'm not a big fan myself unless it's green.

~tsp
"My sister and I have this wish before we die...
Tea in the Sahara with you."
~The Police, "Tea in the Sahara"

I am the size of 1 tsp.

Jun 30th, '06, 13:37

by Den2006 » Jun 30th, '06, 13:37

I do like iced tea. Usually drink Crystal Light Diet Decaffinated Iced Tea which tastes like water but I'm used to it. But I should try these loose teas iced. Will do that later today. In the teas I have: lemon, apricot, mandarin, orange, rooibos, blood orange, spearmint (my neighbor likes that so I got it for when she visits), fruit medley and chamomile. Yummy. :)

Jun 30th, '06, 17:33

by teaspoon » Jun 30th, '06, 17:33

Mm sounds good. How is the apricot? I'm considering trying adagio's, because there's one here at my shop that's good but of course I'd love to compare...

~tsp
"My sister and I have this wish before we die...
Tea in the Sahara with you."
~The Police, "Tea in the Sahara"

I am the size of 1 tsp.

Jun 30th, '06, 18:19

by Den2006 » Jun 30th, '06, 18:19

The apricot is very mild. I like the mellow taste of it. All the flavors I've tried of the teas have been so good. I do find that I need the water from my Brita instead of from the tap. There definitely is a difference in the tea flavor. I'm enjoying all the different flavors I've gotten, and probably will be trying more. I really enjoy the rooibos. I was a little concerned about the small pieces going through the filter of the tea brewer, but it works so well.

+ Post Reply