Long time customer, not happy

We're always open to a little constructive criticism.

Dec 2nd, '10, 19:42

Long time customer, not happy

by angelbug » Dec 2nd, '10, 19:42

I placed an order on Thanksgiving, and the order message by my cart said I would receive the order Tuesday (two days ago). I just got an email saying the order shipped TODAY (Thursday). I could understand not shipping the Friday or even the weekend after Thanksgiving, but what happened to Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday, and why did the system tell me I'd have my package two days before it was even shipped?

I'm also not happy about the 8 ounce ordering option recently disappearing. I often don't want 3 ounces or a whole pound of one kind of tea. There needs to be an intermediate-sized option.

Also, I have an excellent local tea shop I've been frequenting that uses beautiful colored foil bags with built-in coated wires at the top; you roll the bag down a couple times and fold the wires across the top of the bag to close it. I've read a lot of complaints about the crappy brown bags Adagio has been using, and I don't understand why they couldn't find nicer bags like we have here - bags that are pretty enough to use as gifts.

I may have placed my last order with Adagio. I don't know what's happened to the company, but the service just isn't what it used to be.

Dec 2nd, '10, 19:55
Scrolling: scrolling

Re: Long time customer, not happy

by Proinsias » Dec 2nd, '10, 19:55

Welcome to TeaChat angelbug

Dec 3rd, '10, 16:40

by teaisme » Dec 3rd, '10, 16:40

Yes sometimes its better to just move on.
There's plenty of other good vendors out there with excellent tea, presentation, and service.

Welcome to the teachatty.

Dec 12th, '10, 16:29

by Capella » Dec 12th, '10, 16:29

I agree I'd like to see 8oz or another intermediate size come back.

Dec 12th, '10, 16:37
Scrolling: scrolling

by Chip » Dec 12th, '10, 16:37

Why not just get two 4 ouncers? This way one could stay sealed while you use the other one. :mrgreen:

Dec 12th, '10, 19:36
Adagio

by ilya » Dec 12th, '10, 19:36

Sorry for the delay in responding to your concerns.

I looked at the tracking info for your most recent package and in fact the problem was on our side. We normally ship all orders that arrive before 3:00pm the same day, but we sent out a promotion and were completely swamped by orders on the 25th. Adagio ships from two locations (NJ and CA) and we processed all orders going to the east coast, but it took an extra few days for California to catch up.

As far as the packaging, we transitioned to our new packaging recently and have experienced a few bumps along the way. Because of several delays in the production of our new pouches, we were forced to use a temporary solution that involved the brown bags. We hope that the last of these will work themselves through our inventory shortly.

As for your concern of no longer being able to order 8oz versions, we decided to reduce the amount of packaging each tea was was shipped in and the middle size was cut. You always have the option of ordering two of the smaller sizes if you are not interested in the pound size.

Again, I apologize for the issues you had with the order and can say that most of them are a result of growing pains on our side that should not persist into the new year.

Nov 29th, '12, 19:18

by hwilsonvt » Nov 29th, '12, 19:18

Two years later and they messed up again..guess it was more than growing pains. I had an order they told me would arrive Tuesday and it Thursday. The tracking number was given but the status hasn't changed in three days AND I get nothing from customer service. The one thing I am certain of is that for the inconvenience and they delay adagio will offer me nothing but hollow words.

+ Post Reply