White Tropics bad batch?

We're always open to a little constructive criticism.

Jul 25th, '06, 08:13

White Tropics bad batch?

by FairTaxGuy » Jul 25th, '06, 08:13

I just recently (last week) received a new order of teas and the White Tropics had a funny smell (my wife says it smells like alcohol) and I just tasted it and it is definitely bad. It smelled this way on arrival and I thought it was a little different back from my sample batch previously but thought it could've been due to the larger order of tea I purchased this time.

I'm just curious if anybody else purchased White Tropics recently and had this same problem? How does Adagio handle things like this?
Vote RON PAUL!
Join the rEVOLution: www.RonPaul2008.com

Jul 25th, '06, 11:31
Adagio

by ilya » Jul 25th, '06, 11:31

You can return the tea to us. Simply go into your account page on adagio.com and indicate which product you would like to return to us and it will give you shipping info.

-Ilya

Jul 26th, '06, 08:44

by FairTaxGuy » Jul 26th, '06, 08:44

Thanks ilya,

I just printed out the return label and will be sending it back. Will a fresh batch be sent back to me in return?

I'm also curious what is actually wrong with the tea and if anybody else had this issue on White Tropics recently?
Vote RON PAUL!

Aug 2nd, '06, 10:42

by Joe » Aug 2nd, '06, 10:42

I didn't have that problem with white tropics recently, but like 1.5-2 years ago. I made a huge jug of iced white tropics and it tasted like whiskey. It took me about a week to even want any other tea after that. No biggie though. I did find it had a funny smell after that though.

Aug 2nd, '06, 17:41

by FairTaxGuy » Aug 2nd, '06, 17:41

Hi Joe,

I was contacted by Adagio today that they received the tea but did not know what was wrong with it. I had to choose "damaged" since there was nothing regarding freshness but was informed that the smell was similar to the other batches of White Tropics and was not bad just tasted different.

I initially had White Tropics from the flavors sampler I bought a few months back and the difference in taste was nearly night and day. If that is in fact not a bad batch of tea they received what could have made this batch taste so strong and different from the other one?

That's unfortunate, I'll be a little leary of ordering White Tropics in the future and but that was my favorite flavor of them all (based on my first batch at least).
Vote RON PAUL!

+ Post Reply