ingredients list?!?

We're always open to a little constructive criticism.

Jul 6th, '07, 20:07

ingredients list?!?

by aqueoustransmegan » Jul 6th, '07, 20:07

the lil tea book refers to commercial western teabags as the sanka of teas. well I've been drinking tazos, twinnings, and cheapo stuff from the asian mart for years. Yeah, it was a lil better than sanka...but hot dog what was I missing!?!?!?!

I got the oolong savant pack, the green tea ingenuitea and the iced tea ingenuitea...I drank an entire pitcher of iced tea today folks and two cups of jasmine pearls. addicted much? uh yeah. I've already passed on your site to my mum and she's ordered every earl grey you have!

Here comes my recomendation=ingredients lists.

I'm not saying the proportions or recipes but just the ingredients in the flavored/herbal teas would SO help a girl [with bad allergies] out. Like what are those lil blue things in the earl grey picture? what are the spices in the spice tea? et cetera. I would've ordered some teas if I knew what was in them!

anyways...still love your teas :)

Jul 6th, '07, 20:34
Scrolling: scrolling

by scruffmcgruff » Jul 6th, '07, 20:34

Those blue things are flowers, though I can't seem to remember what kind.

If you're really worried about allergies, try some unflavored teas. As long as you're not allergic to tea or water, you'll be safe. :)
Tea Nerd - www.teanerd.com

Jul 6th, '07, 21:11

by Mary R » Jul 6th, '07, 21:11

Blue petals in teas like these are usually from mallow blossoms. Yellow ones are likely from marigolds. Either way, I've never heard of them being an allergen to anyone, but who knows? They might be, I guess.

Jul 6th, '07, 22:01

by Chip » Jul 6th, '07, 22:01

...a list of ingredients is a very reasonable request for any flavored or even herbal tea...hmm, and any tea blend!!! Many online tea vendors forget about this little detail. Adagio could be a trend setter amoung vendors.

I am a chronic label reader, always have been, takes me forever to shop. But I like to see what is in whatever I am buying, as much as I can trust the label. In this day and age, my confidence in the labeled ingredients has greatly diminished. But still I go through the motions of reading the ingredients.
blah blah blah SENCHA blah blah blah!!!

Jul 6th, '07, 22:48

by Mary R » Jul 6th, '07, 22:48

I'm a label reader too. It was a habit I picked up when I was a vegetarian. (3 years! Oh my crazy hippie teenage youth!) It drives my mother crazy whenever I go grocery shopping with her.

Jul 6th, '07, 22:58

by scruffmcgruff » Jul 6th, '07, 22:58

I'm not generally a fan of Nietzsche, but I tend to take the "That which does not kill us makes us stronger" approach to my food. :)

Jul 6th, '07, 23:00

by Mary R » Jul 6th, '07, 23:00

Happy 100th post, Scruff!

[Insert your own personal ticker tape parade here.]

:D

Jul 6th, '07, 23:16

by Chip » Jul 6th, '07, 23:16

scruffmcgruff wrote:I'm not generally a fan of Nietzsche, but I tend to take the "That which does not kill us makes us stronger" approach to my food. :)
...lol...typical "crime fighting, talking dog" eating mentality. My dog was always in the trash can eating anything and everything. Hmmm, but it killed her.

Scruff, you are still young, but I think pretty intellingent. I suspect your thought pattern on food will change within a few pant waist size increases.

Jul 7th, '07, 09:40

ingredients

by teanow » Jul 7th, '07, 09:40

Every company should be able to tell you the ingredients in their teas. Even more important, if their teas are pesticide free...as it very well could be the pesticde that is causing a reaction.

Have you tried rooibos teas for your allergies? Please research rooibos tea....you will see it is highly anti-allergic; and is often used to treat allergies. Drinking rooibos tea has helped my mother and several others I know. It is also helpful in treating skin conditions....bath in rooibos or make a strong pot of rooibos (you must simmer for a minimum of ten minutes, to release a high concentration of antioxidants) I used a wash cloth, or gauze pack soaked in rooibos---great as a facial too.

Jul 7th, '07, 09:40

by aqueoustransmegan » Jul 7th, '07, 09:40

I'm SUPER allergic to lavender, which is in a lot of herbals, and apples which are in nearly everything fruity these days.

I just would be so impressed if they had ingrediants...it would not only let me know not to get xyz but if I see something I really like [mmm cloves] I might buy it even if the name and look didn't catch me.

plus this would be so easy to just add to the info I think it's completly doable!

Jul 7th, '07, 17:13

by aqueoustransmegan » Jul 7th, '07, 17:13

thanks teanow for the suggestion....but I really can not stand it :P And it doesn't remind me of 'tea' at all...noooonoooonoooo

my allergies are okay [control wise] but there are always going to be things I can't tollerate [like that infernal lavender!] and I don't like to chance it.

Jul 7th, '07, 22:59

by Space Samurai » Jul 7th, '07, 22:59

It's been a few weeks since I've done a plug for Rishi. Rishi tea posts the ingredients of all of their teas.

Jul 7th, '07, 23:06

by scruffmcgruff » Jul 7th, '07, 23:06

Haha, you should totally be on their payroll as an advertiser. :)

Jul 7th, '07, 23:14

by Space Samurai » Jul 7th, '07, 23:14

I should, I should. I don't know why I'm so obsessed. I just kind of go with it.

Aug 6th, '07, 16:50

by JCFantasy23 » Aug 6th, '07, 16:50

There's someone out there who's allergic to one of everything, sometimes a severe reaction. It's always good to know what's in anything you put in your body, so ingredients are a definate must, especially in this day of liability and lawsuits.

+ Post Reply