Dear TeaChat

We're always open to a little constructive criticism.

Feb 7th, '08, 21:36

Dear TeaChat

by teaforme » Feb 7th, '08, 21:36

[Edit by Chip: teaforme posted this under another subject, but the words were so kind, I wanted to make sure everyone had a chance to read them.]

Dear TeaChat:

I wish to applaud the moderators especially, and the current administrator (and Adagio now) for the positive atmosphere now on TeaChat.

I have been reading here for years in order to learn about tea from the posters. This is the most pleasant and informative that TeaChat has been especially since the placement of moderators. This was a good decision.

Many of you do not know, but TeaChat was not always this way. Sorry to say that a long ago administrator and even the owners were not always civil. I read the complaints from new customers and was discouraged to put in an order. Some of the posters also were not pleasant. The atmosphere was hostile.

I am so pleased now, that I look in every day. Thanks to Chip and Mary and the other posters who make this chat so valuable.

Feb 7th, '08, 21:50
Scrolling: scrolling

by Chip » Feb 7th, '08, 21:50

:oops:

Thanx teaforme, your check is in the mail. :lol:

Seriously, your comments are greatly appreciated. WOW, very kind of you.

Adagio is a great forum owner and has allowed her moderators to do what they deem to be best in all matters of the forum. In addition they permit virtually any tea related discussions, so, we can chat freely about our favorite vendors without fear of retribution.

And TeaChatters are simply the best tea chatters on the planet!!!!!!!!!!!!1

By the way, welcome to TeaChat, please be sure to visit TeaDay, the newest forum of TeaChat located under Teas!!! We discuss what is in our cup, have a daily TeaPoll, and a daily discussion topic. Seems like fun for all.
Last edited by Chip on Feb 7th, '08, 22:19, edited 2 times in total.

Feb 7th, '08, 22:17

by Mary R » Feb 7th, '08, 22:17

:oops:

Thanks, teaforme. Adagio's been very good to Chip and me. They've given us a lot of latitude when it comes to new ideas for the boards and keeping it a fun place. They've really made moderating a pleasure, and it's very good to hear that Chip and I aren't doing too badly for them.

Thanks for popping out of the lurkdom with such kind words!

Feb 7th, '08, 23:15

by Wesli » Feb 7th, '08, 23:15

A little positivitea is always nice. :D

Feb 8th, '08, 09:46

by LavenderPekoe » Feb 8th, '08, 09:46

I don't really remember it being uncivil, but I do tend to see things through rose colored glasses sometimes. I will say it has never been this active, however, nor this diverse. I am glad Adagio finally went with moderators (thanks xine!). It was suggested over and over and I don't think this place would have survived had they not finally gotten some. I do miss some of the old posters, though. Maybe they will show up again some day.
Teas for trade:

Feb 8th, '08, 12:29
Location: Somewhere in the wilds of Montana, but never without a teacup.

by skywarrior » Feb 8th, '08, 12:29

I'll admit, I'm not one of Adagio's easiest customers :shock: but every time there's been an issue, they've worked to fix it. That has my business. I don't expect perfection, by any stretch, but it is a tea place I recommend time and time again because they make a good product and they try to fix problems.
It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes -- Douglas Adams.

+ Post Reply