New customers

We're always open to a little constructive criticism.

Sep 30th, '05, 11:03

by Guest » Sep 30th, '05, 11:03

eh well she was evil, so be gone with her. Let her go drink foldgers with her refined taste.

Oct 3rd, '05, 17:02

Re: New customers

by murison » Oct 3rd, '05, 17:02

Suzanne wrote:It was not my intent to show superiority.
Whatever!
Suzanne wrote:You all keep on buying. Don’t cause Adagio any extra time or trouble. Don’t ask questions. Don’t complain. Don’t criticize. Only give feedback they want to hear.
Evidence? Oh, never mind. Wouldn't want to trouble your beautiful mind.
Suzanne wrote:Yes, Chris, I will move on.
Bubye!

FWIW, I've spent nearly $1400 (yikes! Curses on you, evil Order History!) on Adagio teas the past 2-3 years, and I have yet to meet with dissatisfaction of any sort (teas, teaware, or customer treatment). The Adagio folks have been nothing but extraordinarily friendly and efficient. Oh, wait -- there was that time about 6 months ago when I received a dented tin (gasp!). Okay, I take it all back.

Oct 3rd, '05, 17:25

by chris » Oct 3rd, '05, 17:25

I know i'll probably lose bagel privileges for weeks, but I think you should know that Ilya actually dented that tin on purpose.

Not that I'm pointing fingers, but he's been known to remove free samplers, petit threes and dent tins.

Yours,

Chris
Adagio Maestro

"Lord Lavender Pekoe Lives!"

Oct 3rd, '05, 17:30

by LavenderPekoe » Oct 3rd, '05, 17:30

chris wrote: "Lord Lavender Pekoe Lives!"
Shouldn't that be Lady? Since the lord's name was Neville and all.

Oct 3rd, '05, 17:43

by chris » Oct 3rd, '05, 17:43

Think about it..... the only one to confirm Lord Pekoe's death was poor, handsome, stupid Mr. Sebastian Grey. Not exactly a credible source.

If you ask me, Lord Pekoe's planning is the reason that, in a later chapter (I'm lucky enough to have the Advanced Reader's Edition), Williams meets an untimely end by "choking" on a Petit Three -- it was no accident.

Oct 3rd, '05, 17:57

by LavenderPekoe » Oct 3rd, '05, 17:57

Right, but a guy named Lavender? Just a bit odd, but, the story was written by Mike B, so I wouldn't put anything past him.

Oct 3rd, '05, 18:07

by chris » Oct 3rd, '05, 18:07

True.

He's actually referred to as LLP here:
"Don't worry about it, Monica. But I have one. And maybe I wrote in mine that at 9:27AM on Tuesday I espied the lovely and treacherous Lady Monica Lavender Pekoe adding drops of what appeared to be arsenic to Lord Lavender Pekoe's morning tea."
Mike?

Oct 3rd, '05, 18:08

by chris » Oct 3rd, '05, 18:08

For those who are baffled by what we're talking about, check out this month's TeaMuse.com!

Oct 3rd, '05, 18:11

by LavenderPekoe » Oct 3rd, '05, 18:11

Ok, now I am really confused, and you are correct. Usually I have such good reading comprehension. I guess that is what I get for reading while I should be working. :D

Oct 3rd, '05, 18:51

by Mike B » Oct 3rd, '05, 18:51

chris wrote:"Lord Lavender Pekoe Lives!"
I don't know. According to Sebastian, "he's an awfully unnatural color and he doesn't blink." He sounds pretty dead to me.

However.

Lord Neville Lavender Pekoe did spend some time in India.
chris wrote:meets an untimely end by "choking" on a Petit Three
Ironically enough, petit threes do make an appearance. We've yet to meet the disgruntled Belgian pastry chef -- with a terrible secret!
Alicia wrote:Right, but a guy named Lavender?
Well, his full name is Lord Neville Lavender Pekoe -- or at least that's what he wants us to think.

Oct 3rd, '05, 19:48

by klemptor » Oct 3rd, '05, 19:48

This petit-three thing - I have a feeling it's an in-joke I've missed (curse you, actual-work-to-do!). Is it a knock-off petit-four?

- The Horribly Ill-Informed Klemptor
I came in from the wilderness, a creature void of form.

Oct 3rd, '05, 22:32

by teaspoon » Oct 3rd, '05, 22:32

Psst, Klempt... here's the thread where petit fours became petit threes. And btw I have to praise murison for the input, and for being a Marylander. w00t!

~teaspoon
"My sister and I have this wish before we die...
Tea in the Sahara with you."
~The Police, "Tea in the Sahara"

I am the size of 1 tsp.

Oct 4th, '05, 00:51

by murison » Oct 4th, '05, 00:51

chris wrote:I know i'll probably lose bagel privileges for weeks, but I think you should know that Ilya actually dented that tin on purpose.
Yeah, I thought so. Hmph!
teaspoon wrote:And btw I have to praise murison for the input, and for being a Marylander. w00t!
Gotcha: I'm a transplant, having grown up in LA (ech!) and San Diego (mmm). But hey, MD is really very decent -- quite happy here. Folks is friendly. And Adagio shipping times are about a day and a half from order submission to knock on the door (seriously -- FedEx must have a direct, non-stop route from Adagio's environs in NJ to Montgomery county, MD).
~Marc Murison

Nov 30th, '05, 23:46

by teaspoon » Nov 30th, '05, 23:46

Heehee, I had to dig up this thread for one reason and one reason alone. I laughed aloud when I read in a book I'm using for a research paper the following:

"It stretches credulity to accept..."

Oh credulity... I just had to share with my fellow teachatters. I will never hear any form of that word again without thinking of this thread...

~the incredulous teaspoon
"My sister and I have this wish before we die...
Tea in the Sahara with you."
~The Police, "Tea in the Sahara"

I am the size of 1 tsp.

Jan 22nd, '06, 19:14

lose the attitude

by Guest » Jan 22nd, '06, 19:14

Your guys' vicious insiders pack is no way to run a business. You're a bunch of petty *BOO* in fact and I will never order from Adagio or any other company that encourages attacks like this .. luckily I found your little den of sin before making this mistake. A good company would handle feedback graciously and gratefully. You seek difference in your teas but shun it in your peers?

"banter and wisdom" hah

~ friend of innocent consumers and proponent of variety

+ Post Reply