New customers

We're always open to a little constructive criticism.

Jan 22nd, '06, 19:30

by librarianpirate » Jan 22nd, '06, 19:30

Just stumbled upon this thread (because someone pulled it to the top) and it made me giggle.

I've ordered twice from Adagio so far - I'm new, so I probably don't fit yet into the cult that some think you guys are ... but I just wanted you all to know that I super much enjoy the tea and the company!

(still giggling)
-Susan

Jan 22nd, '06, 20:09

by garden gal » Jan 22nd, '06, 20:09

I too found Adagio just a few weeks ago (and am awaiting my 3rd shipment). I am sure I'm not in a cult/club as I haven't shaved my head, wore robes or anything weird yet. I will never go back to bagged tea. I can thank Adagio and their very helpful staff for answering my very naive, inane questions from which I am sure they thought that I would never see the light and finally place an order. They were very gently with me on my first experience with being a loose tea woman.

Jan 22nd, '06, 20:59

by librarianpirate » Jan 22nd, '06, 20:59

I found exactly the same thing! Well, I wasn't a complete newbie to loose leaf - I hung out at an amazing tea house all through college, but I hadn't really done it myself before adagio.

Jan 22nd, '06, 22:37

by Guest » Jan 22nd, '06, 22:37

Already happened. You've all fallen into the pit. Read yourselves.

Jan 22nd, '06, 23:02

by Guest » Jan 22nd, '06, 23:02

Then where does that put you? :wink: On the outside looking in?!

Jan 22nd, '06, 23:29

by Guest » Jan 22nd, '06, 23:29

Yes and damned glad!

Jan 22nd, '06, 23:51

by Guest » Jan 22nd, '06, 23:51

"Damned"=glad? Think you're confused there, where ever it is you are.

Jan 23rd, '06, 02:01

by Ann » Jan 23rd, '06, 02:01

Could you 'cowardly lions' please sign in with a name, "Guest" just discredits your comments.

We're bored with you! Get a user name, sign in and a life while your at it!

Or just leave the forum if it is so bad.

Bye,

Ann

Jan 23rd, '06, 10:12

by chris » Jan 23rd, '06, 10:12

Hi Guest,

I've got a few pamphlets for you to read, hope you may be interested in joining my... club....

Seriously, what brings people to say such things? Are you just in a bad mood and want to take it out innocent people, or perhaps a rival company with malintent? In any case, it would be the noble thing to either register with a real name and post like a civilized person or move on to harassing the members of another board.

I've be glad to chat with you in person if there are any grievances you'd like to air out. you can reach me at chris at adagio dot com.

Until then, you're in time out young man.

Adoringly,

Chris
Adagio Maestro

Jan 23rd, '06, 15:42

by teaspoon » Jan 23rd, '06, 15:42

Ooh! A troll! Where's my crossbow?

Seriously though, I think somebody missed the part where this message board isn't actually part of the company. Sponsored/hosted by, but I've never had the impression that it's actually part of the company. Maybe I'm mistaken. But this board is an informal place to chat, ask questions, give opinions, and have fun. Generally we're a nice, if teasing, bunch of people. We only get militant when people come along with militant negativity. Chris and Ilya have become our internet buddies, and who doesn't back up their buddies? So yes of course we back them up. And we try to keep our level of civility approximate to the level of guests' civility. Yes, people that we perceive to have attitude problems get answered in kind. No, you don't have to be their champion. In fact, I for one would rather you weren't.

~tsp
"My sister and I have this wish before we die...
Tea in the Sahara with you."
~The Police, "Tea in the Sahara"

I am the size of 1 tsp.

Jan 23rd, '06, 18:00

by Guest » Jan 23rd, '06, 18:00

Oh how sad, another case of censoring the guests you disagree with rather than disabling the "troll" option you detest so much.

Wait, I've seen the error of my ways! Please pass the 'special' kool-aid.

~ ostracised and misunderstood by pretentious simpletons specifically non-specified non-male non-youth

Jan 23rd, '06, 18:11

ad hoc

by Jing Cha » Jan 23rd, '06, 18:11

Teachat or otherwise, the most objectionable part of posting on an enlightened discussion forum as an unregistered guest is that it is hard to tell apart one troll from another!

How can I tell dissenters apart? How do I know if this is one singular disgruntled voice or a cacophony of barbed sour tongues? It's like looking at the shadows cast upon the great cold lonely walls of Plato's cave. Where, who, what is my realitea??? (Keemun Hao Ya A, she hears a whisper.)

Please Adagio, lift up thy fairy bow and fiery arrow and slay these gruesome beasts of ambiguous anonymity!

My suggestion: let's name these guest ourselves! Think of the fun and frivolity . . . for he who names not himself shall fall callen by the names others find for him.

Will Gladly,

Jing Cha

Jan 23rd, '06, 22:07

by Guest » Jan 23rd, '06, 22:07

No, this guest is not "one singular disgruntled voice" and not the guest from the one before, or the one before that, or that one before that.

I know you all would like to think there is only one person out there who thinks Adagio treats people badly. Adagio doesn't waste time on anyone who they size up as not being a future big spender who won't complain. Sending that person the deserved book would have been the right thing to do rather than telling her it will be included in her next order. (This is constructive criticism added here.)

Like one other guest said, I, too, am glad I found out about this company before I ever ordered. I will never buy from them. I will not give them a chance to treat me badly. There are other tea companies who are accomodating and give free samples that you all like so much.

I lurk here to get info on other companies and products. I never post but get angry from time to time when Adagio treats people like garbage and discards them. That's why I posted.

This is a forum and I'm chatting now. I will go back to lurking.

Jan 23rd, '06, 23:00

by teaspoon » Jan 23rd, '06, 23:00

With all due respect, most recent Guest, I don't know what forum you are reading. I have so far placed one order with adagio, and it was not a large one. I've also posted a less-than-impressed reaction to one of the teas I ordered. The difference is that I didn't come in here all huffy and disgruntled. I said hey what's the deal with this, I wasn't impressed, any chance of improvement? In my experience, adagio treats their customers the way the customers treat them. Perhaps they should grin and bear it, but personally I can't blame them for standing firm when being snarked at. You all have a right to be disgruntled I'm sure, but from where I'm sitting it seems an awful lot like you're overreacting.

~tsp
"My sister and I have this wish before we die...
Tea in the Sahara with you."
~The Police, "Tea in the Sahara"

I am the size of 1 tsp.

Jan 23rd, '06, 23:33

by TeaFanatic » Jan 23rd, '06, 23:33

Alright here's my take on it. For those of you who received poor customer service, I can say that It may have possibly happened. But the first thing you need to ask yourself is; how did you approach the situation? Did you go cry about it to customer service? Did you go whine about the problem on a message board? Or did you actually act like a civil human being and attempt to make a civilized conversation with the customer service crew?

Next, I would like to point out the great things about adagio that you would be hard pressed to find anywhere else on the internet:

Certificates that you can send to friends that ultimately get you gift certificated

Reward points, for every x amount of dollars you spend, you get a 10 dollar gift certificate

Some of the cheapest shipping anywhere. $3.75, are you kidding me?

Some of the best storage tins that come for FREE with the tea. Airtight and easily accesible.

Some of the cheapest and high quality tea on the internet. $12 for 4 oz of dragonwell? The next closet that I have seen is $17.50.

A great community that involves a message board, live chat, tea magazine, and tea cooking page.

Great layout for the webpage and easily accesible information about their teas.

I could go on and on. And if you don't want to shop here, GREAT. But don't come crying to this message board. More tea for me anyway.
"Make tea not war"

Favorites: Sencha, Dragonwell, White Monkey, Silver Needle, Gyokuro, Kukicha, Darjeeling

+ Post Reply