Tea Contamination

We're always open to a little constructive criticism.

Re: Tea Contamination

Postby Vulture » Nov 12th, '08, 08:43

snowfly wrote:Has anyone ever had any teas tested for contaminants. I drink mostly whites and herbals for health reasons but it is a moot point if there are pesticides etc etc present.
I would be interested in your thoughts. I am thinking of submitting several samples of Adagios' teas as well as some others to a lab for analysis. It will cost a lot of money but I want to know!

I am not that picky as the US government allows a certain percentage of Unknown materials to be in food. This ranges from rat droppings to flakes of metal. I can understand wanting to prove teas to be truly organic but at that point you might want to find the true Source (farm/plantation/what have you) of the tea.

But it always comes down to this simple fact: Its your money so I am not spending it :roll:
Vulture

Postby edkrueger » Nov 12th, '08, 09:24

Aren't rat scat and metal known?
edkrueger

Postby Vulture » Nov 12th, '08, 09:31

Its the actual percentages of it in the food thats unkown :?
Vulture

Postby JCFantasy23 » Feb 2nd, '09, 06:05

Its disturbing, but I read that a jar of peanut butter is allowed up to 7 rat hairs according to the FDA ...just a gross side note contribution.
JCFantasy23

Postby Space Samurai » Feb 2nd, '09, 12:13

If you're worried about pesticides, buy organic.
Space Samurai

Postby edkrueger » Feb 2nd, '09, 12:19

If you are worried about natural contaminants –like rat droppings and dead insects– organic isn't going to help you.
edkrueger

Postby chamekke » Feb 2nd, '09, 12:28

JCFantasy23 wrote:Its disturbing, but I read that a jar of peanut butter is allowed up to 7 rat hairs according to the FDA ...just a gross side note contribution.

<four yorkshiremen>

You were lucky to have rat hairs! We'd have been glad of the roughage! Our peanut butter was made up of equal parts half-melted snow and old boot laces...

</yorkshiremen>
chamekke

Instant Messenger

Permissions