Whats up???

We're always open to a little constructive criticism.

Whats up???

Postby MPiniella » Dec 11th, '05, 14:22

I've been a customer of Adagio since 1999. I order(ed) excusivly from Adagio. However, I would like a direct answer - customer service has no real answer.

Will Adagio offer the Decaf teas they used to ?

If so, when ? It's been months and months since many of the decaf teas have been available.

Customer service USED to say:

"We are looking for a supplier."

"It will be available next month."

"We are not sure of the exact date we will have decaf available, but the note here says we are expecting to have it within 5-6 weeks."

Now they just say (and have been saying for months

"...it's doubtful that it will become available again any time in the near future, but check back next month."

Can you enlighten me?/Us?

Thanks.

Michelle
MPiniella

decaf teas - direct answer

Postby michael » Dec 12th, '05, 00:36

Michelle,

I apologize that for a long time we've been unable to offer you decaf teas. In the aim of offering you an outstanding product, we've severed relations with a supplier whose quality slipped of late, and scouted the world looking for an alternative. Unfortunately, the process of removing caffeine with the use of CO2 gas (the preferred method) is extremely capital-intensive, and there are just a few companies worldwide with the ability to do so. Complicating our search further, much of the world's decaffeination capacity is utilized by teabag-quality teas, and its been difficult to schedule a run of our full-leaf variety. However, we've succeeded now in scheduling such a run, and expect to receive a first shipment in January. Our green decafs are available now. The black teas will soon be joining them.

Please accept our apology for being unable to offer these sooner. Believe me, this was not for lack of effort. Thank you for waiting.
michael
Site Admin

Postby MPiniella » Dec 12th, '05, 07:43

Thank you for the reply.

I look forward to the return of the decaf teas and will keep a watch for their January availability.

Thanks,

Michelle
MPiniella

Postby jogrebe » Dec 12th, '05, 12:13

Michael, thanks for your quick and straightforward reply. I'm impressed as it seems to be quite unusual for most businesses to be so open in explaining the nature of their supply issues to the customers. Likewise I'm impressed by Adagio's integrity to value quality of your teas over sales volume and profits to the point of being out of stock for a few months because of your unwillingness to compromise with lower quality tea.
jogrebe

Postby PeteVu » Dec 12th, '05, 12:20

jogrebe wrote:Michael, thanks for your quick and straightforward reply.

if youve been around for the past few months you would have experienced the volume of replies on this topic that were direct but incorrect. I dont believe its adagio's fault at all, but they hardly deserve an applause.

jogrebe wrote:Likewise I'm impressed by Adagio's integrity to value quality of your teas over sales volume and profits to the point of being out of stock for a few months because of your unwillingness to compromise with lower quality tea.

hell yeah.
PeteVu

Instant Messenger

Permissions