FREE tea book

We're always open to a little constructive criticism.

Jan 23rd, '06, 09:54

by garden gal » Jan 23rd, '06, 09:54

So you're the Chris that wrote the book- Loved the book. I learned a lot from it but LOVE the teas even more.

Jan 23rd, '06, 09:55

by chris » Jan 23rd, '06, 09:55

The one and only (actually, I do have an evil twin, but let's not talk of...him... he accuses people of joining cults).

Glad you liked the book!

Jan 23rd, '06, 10:02

by garden gal » Jan 23rd, '06, 10:02

So your the one who started all this- mad at the customer service people for taking your parking spot or something. I had a small error in my last order and they went above and beyond what I expected so I figured it had to be a personal vendetta.

Jan 23rd, '06, 10:05

by chris » Jan 23rd, '06, 10:05

Yeah... they're too good.

I must put an end to their quality with destructive words of cult-ish nature.

Insincerely,

Evil Chris

Jan 23rd, '06, 12:18

by librarianpirate » Jan 23rd, '06, 12:18

if regular Chris already has a goatee, how will we know which one is evil?

Jan 23rd, '06, 12:33

by chris » Jan 23rd, '06, 12:33

two words for you:

Handlebar
Moustache

Already confused over which Chris is which,

Chris
Evil Intermittently

Jan 23rd, '06, 15:55

by teaspoon » Jan 23rd, '06, 15:55

No way, Evil Chris should totally have no facial hair. And for that matter, he should have either long hair or no hair at all. Complete antithesis of Good Chris, right?

As I type this, I am valiantly holding Evil Teaspoon off from typing at all because she would very much like to tell ungrateful people exactly what they can do with all their spare time spent not ordering from adagio :twisted:

Ok true, it would be nice if customers didn't have to hit "add to cart" for free offers. And I know that the offer made by adagio customer service to include the book in Wendy's next order was not ideal, but hey I'm impressed that the offer was made at all. For serious, it's not worth getting so bent out of shape over something being offered but not offered the way one wants it. If we all got upset over stuff like that, nothing would get done. I feel silly enough being irked by people making rude posts on a message board, but at least that is related to my friends' reputation and secretly I have a lot of fun troll hunting like this.

For the record, my friend missed the "add to cart" button when yall were offering the personaliTEA pot and therefore didn't get one when she placed her first order... but she still likes adagio.

~Good Teaspoon
"My sister and I have this wish before we die...
Tea in the Sahara with you."
~The Police, "Tea in the Sahara"

I am the size of 1 tsp.

Jan 23rd, '06, 18:31

by librarianpirate » Jan 23rd, '06, 18:31

Does evil teaspoon have a goatee?

Jan 23rd, '06, 19:13

what would lu yu do?

by Jing Cha » Jan 23rd, '06, 19:13

I haven't seen sexy facial hair like that since the, "Goats Gone Wild!" DVD Volume 3 which featured pygmy grazing.

Seriously, since when does having a must ache make one perceived as being an evil being? And why, in the instance of Chris, might the evil twin be the one without the tippy golden flowery face? Or is that broken Pekoe style, Chris?

Anyway, on an unrelated note (because one is sorely needed), I once had loose-leaf tea stolen from my Jetta along with some Duraflame fire logs. Funny thing is, they left the Ipod right on the front passenger seat! Get that: Tea more popular with thieves, ruffians, and hooligans than Ipods!

Will Gladly,

Jing Cha

equipped with every modern home comfort such as talafana, alavatar, hatakalda [and] wataklasat [...]

Jan 23rd, '06, 21:02

by Kai » Jan 23rd, '06, 21:02

Someone probably got the lamest high ever.

Jan 23rd, '06, 23:23

by Al » Jan 23rd, '06, 23:23

I probably shouldnt've have made such a snarky comment, but it seemed humorous at the time.

In case you haven't noticed, I'm new. I've been lurking for a while. I got into this whole loose leaf thing a few weeks ago, and I'm wondering now how I've survived without it. I was looking around to see how to make a better cup of bagged tea on the internet, only to discover I have been a horrible human being, worse possibly than a puppy kicker, and I needed to start buying loose tea immeadiately. I ended up here, found out some great information from many of you, liked the cut of Adagio's jib, and I was off to the races. My first order was for some sample tins and the InginuiTEA. I decided not to screw around,and my second order was for the TriniTEA...which is the greatest thing ever. (The best Jerry, the best!) I'm still hopping around the samplers to see which I like the best, and I'll be ordering the larger sizes before too long. I shot off a quick email to Adagio, thanking them for their products and their service, and that's the first time I've ever done anything like that for any company I purchase from.

So to make a long story even longer, I don't know what the guest's problem is. You people good, Adagio good, fire BAD!

And with all this talk about cults and orgies, shouldn't you take this back to the Lapsang Souchong thread with all that "Erotic Caravan" discussion?
Last edited by Al on Jan 23rd, '06, 23:35, edited 1 time in total.

Jan 23rd, '06, 23:32

by TeaFanatic » Jan 23rd, '06, 23:32

Alright here's my take on it. For those of you who received poor customer service, I can say that It may have possibly happened. But the first thing you need to ask yourself is; how did you approach the situation? Did you go cry about it to customer service? Did you go whine about the problem on a message board? Or did you actually act like a civil human being and attempt to make a civilized conversation with the customer service crew?

Next, I would like to point out the great things about adagio that you would be hard pressed to find anywhere else on the internet:

Certificates that you can send to friends that ultimately get you gift certificated

Reward points, for every x amount of dollars you spend, you get a 10 dollar gift certificate

Some of the cheapest shipping anything. $3.75, are you kidding me?

Some of the best storage tins that come for FREE with the tea. Airtight and easily accesible.

Some of the cheapest and high quality tea on the internet. $12 for 4 oz of dragonwell? The next closet that I have seen is $17.50.

A great community that involves a message board, live chat, tea magazine, and tea cooking page.

Great layout for the webpage and easily accesible information about their teas.

I could go on and on. And if you don't want to shop here, GREAT. But don't come crying to this message board. More tea for me anyway.
"Make tea not war"

Favorites: Sencha, Dragonwell, White Monkey, Silver Needle, Gyokuro, Kukicha, Darjeeling

Jan 24th, '06, 00:15

Re: what would lu yu do?

by librarianpirate » Jan 24th, '06, 00:15

Jing Cha wrote:Seriously, since when does having a must ache make one perceived as being an evil being?
Star Trek, dearling. Star Trek.

Jan 24th, '06, 00:37

by Marlene » Jan 24th, '06, 00:37

Oooo! I have my own little complaint to air and blow out of all proportion!! (and I shall write it in caps because it is fun)

YOUR REVIEW TEAS OPTION IS REDUCULUSLY COMPLICATED!!! I MEAN C'MON! I REVIEWED SOME TEAS I ORDERED AND I REVIEWED THEM AND I DIDN'T HAVE ANYTHING IN MY CART AT THE TIME!!!!!!! I KNOW I SHOULD HAVE READ THE INSTRUCTIONS FIRST, BUT I'M A BUISY WOMAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!! IT SHOULD BE SO EASY I COULD HAVE MY CAT DO IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! SO WHAT IF THIS HAPPENED A FEW MONTHS AGO, AND I DIDN'T TALK TO THE CUSTOMER SERVICE AT THE TIME. I DEMAND RECOMPENCE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Was that good? LOL I love this board
Never trust a man who, when left alone in a room with a tea cozy, dosn't try it on.
-Billy Connolly

Jan 24th, '06, 13:21

by cess » Jan 24th, '06, 13:21

:lol: Hey Marlene - have a cup of Chamomile, it might help! :wink:

+ Post Reply