FREE tea book

We're always open to a little constructive criticism.

Jan 25th, '06, 21:27

by librarianpirate » Jan 25th, '06, 21:27

Jing Cha, I really am very sorry I offended you - or anyone I might have offended with my offhanded comment earlier.

I currently have a sister and a best friend both dealing with cancer as well as many many close friensd and family who have survived or died from cancer. I truly did not mean to demean anyone's suffering in any way. I remember one friend in particular, Debbie. She was just finishing up her Chemo when she came to my wedding and she was beautiful with her bald head, her resolution to be strong in the face of her body's weakness, and her will to beat the cancer. She did. I only say this to show that while I have not had cancer, I have been there and struggled with many people, and will continue to do everything I can for family, and friends who are sick as well as continue to support a search for the cure.

As someone who has a mild form of dislexia, I tend to bristle when anyone thinks they can make fun of people who are dislexic because it isn't a "normal" disease like cancer. For the most part I'm a fairly smart person - at least if you look at my gpa, my gre scores, my sats. Sometimes, though, I mix up letters or words or numbers. I get things in the wrong order. I cannot count the number of times I have been told that I am "stupid" or "not trying" or "dumb" just because of a simple mistake in the basic order of numbers. Even though I was not around for the Suzanne thing, Marlene's account of what happened just opened up my snarkiness and made me want to scream. I typed without thinking and I am very sorry. I hope you will accept that and forgive a very red-faced poster.

Jan 26th, '06, 00:04

by cess » Jan 26th, '06, 00:04

As we all reflect back on this and related threads - with the help of some excellent advice - I think we have learned a lot about eachother and ourselves. Hope to see more of this type of attitude, of course along with the 'witty' humor some possess - though not at the expense of others.

My advice is not as eloquent as Jing Cha's, though would like to add it. I tell my 6 year old daughter this all the time - it is from the Disney movie Bambi, Thumper is reminded by his mother "If you can't say somethin' nice, don't say nothin' at all." Simple, though think it can apply in many areas of our lives.

Good to see positive posts. Thanks to all who participated in making a mends.

Simply put,

Cess
Last edited by cess on Jan 26th, '06, 21:08, edited 5 times in total.

Jan 26th, '06, 00:31

by cess » Jan 26th, '06, 00:31

And Yes that applies to me. I am truly sorry to Wendy and or Guest, I could have been much more helpful and less 'snippy' with my suggestions. I should have not teased about being hard to please and the 'calming Chamomile' - though it does really seem to help me, you seriuosly might like the effect as well as the taste. Give it a try.

Sincerely sorry,

Cess
Last edited by cess on Jan 26th, '06, 21:25, edited 1 time in total.

Jan 26th, '06, 08:00

by vbguy772 » Jan 26th, '06, 08:00

It's so good to see everyone playing nicely together. I too would like to add that I hope I didn't upset anyone with any of my comments. If I did, I'm so sorry.

I hope this is a lesson to all of us - yes I was an elementary school teacher for 34 years.

Now sit up straight and listen please. While many of us might find it easy to make a quick negative comment, it might be better if we all try to keep things here on a more positive note. Yes, it's always good to defend your friends. Sometimes things we might say as a joke can be taken the wrong way. I shall try to make my comments positive.

It would be a terrible thing if, because of this message board, Adagio lost potential customers.

Now that the lesson is over it's time for the punishment. I will take the punishment for this entire group of trouble makers. Hummmm, let me think. I've got it ! I'm going to force myself to drive the 90 miles to Disney World and make myself ride the new roller coaster in the Animal Kingdom today.

One question for the group: I keep hearing people being called trolls on this message board. If you were a potential customer and read that other customers were being called trolls, what would you think ? Essays must be less than 500 words and are due this Friday at 8 PM ! :D

Happy sipping..........

Ron

+ Post Reply